TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Si82

Best worst film you've ever seen

Master P - Da last don.

It's pretty funny that Fist of the North Star was popular enough to inspire 2 animated movies, a live-action movie, an animated series (109 episodes!), and some video games. Sort of gives me faith in humanity.

I mean, the whole point is he punches people, and their head asplode. The characters aren't memorable. It's just totally awesome that he can make people's heads explode. I mean, how many times cna you watch that?

fist_northstar_5_me41412.jpg

I mean look at him. He looks like a fucking dumbass.

Ah but in the series they pause the show every 5 minutes when a new bad guy shows up with a new fighting style..."The Fist of the Rising Laughing Jackel" would be flashed in subtitles at the bottom of the screen. Ken would no-sell a few shots then kills the guy off with his trademark "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH TATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA" punches and then give the finger poke of doom to the forehead and finish the kill with his one liner "You are already dead".

fist1_a_T.jpg

Shooting Stars, about a film producer (Harry Hamlin) who goes into the desert to make a film with an idiotic young writer who decides a script would be 'an unecessary expense' and that the actors should improvise the dialogue is held hostage by William Shatner, who has escaped from a mental institution but has a script. 97p on DVD was pretty good, I suppose.

the first anime movie kinda throws everything at you and leaves you to figure it out. It's not hard to figure out the specifics, but it's the backstory that never gets developed that makes you go, okay, this movie kinda sucks and is pretty random. I haven't seen much of the animated series, but I'm guessing it goes into more detail.

Additional movies I forgot.

Deep Rising: I have no idea why but I love that movie, especially with the ending that makes it seem like they land on Jurassic Park. Giant worms that drink you are the awesome.

The Postman: Well, other than that god awful first HOUR which I can never remember, I like how stupid it is. Plus getting your ass handed to you by a guy you call Shakespeare just is a wrong way to die.

The Cutting Edge: While I don't think it's a bad movie, some people do. Those people can kiss my ass, "toepick" rules. Yeah I bought it and I proudly watch it and tell my girl not to interupt!

Phantoms: The movie was awesome before the Jay and Silent Bob joke. And it has scenes so close to a horror video game at the start. I mean really, watch the above angles. It's like "Silent Hill" coming to life. I love it.

Oh, man, if you want a really enjoyable bad comedy, get Kung Phooey. Made for about $30, it's way more entertaining than it has any right to be. Make sure you get the DVD, as the deleted scene with a Steven Segal clone is the funniest part of the movie. My friend rented this, and I'm always pretty loathe to watch a straight to video movie, but it was pretty fucking funny. Definitely a pleasant surprise.

I've seen it and I thought it was funny. I actually liked it better than Kung Pao, although I love stupid movies, didn't really like the one time I saw it.

You know, 2Gold, I wouldn't even list "Deep Rising" as a "worst movie". It's not bad at all. It's totally B-grade, from the cast to the plot to the sfx, but it's a lot of fun, and it's very tongue-in-cheek, which is what makes it so amusing.

You know, 2Gold, I wouldn't even list "Deep Rising" as a "worst movie". It's not bad at all. It's totally B-grade, from the cast to the plot to the sfx, but it's a lot of fun, and it's very tongue-in-cheek, which is what makes it so amusing.

I agree with you but you know some people would call us stupid. Deep Rising is like a lost little gem.

I'd agree with House on Haunted Hill, also White Zombie because it's Bela Lugosi in his best role other than Dracula. And you can get a kid into anime, check out something like A Little Snow Fairy Sugar

HotD was sa bad a friend and I turned it off. just BAD bad.

I watched it with a friend, and we were in tears laughing the whole time. Just beautifully stupid in every way.

MUERTE... That's Spanish for DEATH. :lol:

Edited by chirs3

Megaforce, which basically personifies everything that was horrible about 80's action movies in one fell swoop. This was back when Dirt Bikes could do anything, including taking out M48 Patton Tanks.

Another classic with my circle of friends is Full Metal Ninja, which is an utterly hilarious ninja flick which is actually a Chinese Kung-Fu flick spliced together with a bunch of guys who decided to shoot a ninja film in their backyard. The hilarious 'crossing paths' parts, where the movies sort of 'meet' is excellent, and the pink ninja gi (That says "Ninja" on the yellow headband) has to be seen to be believed.

Warbus is a 'great' Vietnam flick if you don't mind them travelling them around the jungle in a PERFECTLY AND IMMACULATELY CLEANED YELLOW SCHOOLBUS. It's fucking hilarious.

Not sure if there are any others that I can name offhand right now. These really stand heads above the other ones I've rented. Thank you, Family Video VHS Section, for giving my friends and I such a generous bounty of horrible movies.

Sudden Death: A Die Hard clone at a hockey game. Jean-Claude Van Damme as a fire fighter who fights terrorists and knows how to disable bombs, shoot people with machine guns, and create something like a bomb to beat terrorists. Powers Booth was good in it, though. So many things wrong with the money, and I ordered this for my sons B-Day, and he didn't talk to me for a week. I still watch it for laughs with all the hockey errors.

Why would White Zombie be mentioned here? That's a flat out horror classic.

House of the Dead is at least somewhat silly fun, unlike Alone in the Dark from Boll (which is just horrid).

Guest Coffey

Army of Darkness. The movie is terrible but it's a cult classic because it's got a lot of great one-liners. Admittedly, it wasn't supposed to be good because it was basically a parody of Evil Dead which seemed to have been unintentionally funny due to how bad it was.

Actually, I guess I should say Evil Dead then.

Army of Darkness. The movie is terrible but it's a cult classic because it's got a lot of great one-liners. Admittedly, it wasn't supposed to be good because it was basically a parody of Evil Dead which seemed to have been unintentionally funny due to how bad it was.

You're permanently on my shit list now. I'm not joking.

American Ninja 4 which was on Spike tv earlier today. This movie is a clusterfuck full of cliches from the time period: there is the evil middle eastern dictator who says "Allah" everytime he speaks, there is the crazy british bad guy that says "Bloody hell" everytime something goes wrong, the ninja leader wears an eye patch and ninja foot soldiers are color coded due to rank or something. And the big climax at the end of the movies has ninjas vs mad max extras armed with big guns....from Ollie North.

This movie is at the bottom of the barrel of 80's-90's war b-movie genre which would include classics like Commando, Missing in Action, Delta Force, Navy Seals.

QUOTE(Coffey @ Jan 29 2006, 12:01 AM)

You're permanently on my shit list now. I'm not joking.