TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Raw rating

At least Edge can feel justified in knowing he was champ for a (brief?) ratings resurgence. Cena's got to feel like shit right now.

They have to keep the belt on Edge. How can they possibly justify taking it off him right now? He's a hot heel and what's more a fresh and new heel on top. The ratings and numbers do not lie.

Cena's entire run on Raw was booked horribly. That's not his fault. (Note: I can't stand Cena) First his fued with Jericho was silly, Jericho was never portrayed as a serious threat. Same for Angle.

Now with Edge a lot of people are serious threats. Every week it's not Edge hulking up and beating two or three guys at once.

Edge seems like someone that fans generally hate, but want to actually see get his ass kicked and not turn the channel. I think he's the best heel WWE Champion since Angle's first run. Because he's so obnoxious.

It's looking like Edge = ratings. Let's hope Steph & Co. don't fuck it up too badly like they did when Kane unmasking was spiking the ratings.

I also think it's interesting that Edge is sort of splitting his time with two people instead of just feuding with one person.

You took the words right out of my mouth. A friend of mine quits watching Raw at the start of MNF and doesn't stop until the season ends. I'm sure he's not the only one.

Guest Army Eye
You took the words right out of my mouth. A friend of mine quits watching Raw at the start of MNF and doesn't stop until the season ends. I'm sure he's not the only one.

This is me as well, so it's what I attributed the rating jump to. I'll flip over during halftime (which conveniently matches up with the main event pretty well usually) but other than that I don't see any of Raw during football season.

If Raw was better it'd be more of a fight, but.. this isnt' '97-2000 any more... I'm liking Edge as champ though.

I'd think that the start of 24 would take away just as many viewers as the start of MNF would add. I think what happened is that the WWE put two good Raws together in a row so the fans that watched those shows decided that maybe they'd tune in again this week. I bet the Royal Rumble gets a hell of a buyrate.

Ken Doane = ratings. Those guys look like Michigan St.'s male cheerleaders or something. This gimmick won't hurt anyone as long as guys break off from it after a little while and develop their own persona.

24 is being a bit overhyped in terms of its impact on wrestling. Personally I've never even watched the show and would never dream of turning off Raw in favor of it (no knock on 24, I've heard it is great). I've watched wrestling on Monday pretty much every week from 1992 till now, as well as watching from early 1988 to late 89 (I stopped watching in 90-91).

Edge = Ratings

:cheers:

That is about as simple as it gets. The WWE got some ducks in a row and it's starting to pay off in ratings. You've got a) build up to the Rumble, b) someone who is over as a heel on top who is a fresh face.

Who's the fresh face DA?

Do you run Cena v. Edge for a few months? Edge v. Kane's been done to death, I guess they could run with Edge v. Show?

I was thinking they should've done Cena v. Edge v. Flair at the RR and have Edge pin Flair and then continue the feud with Cena.

Edge is the fresh face on top.

This is Edge's first brush with the title and I think that coupled with the fact that he is a good heel (I still think he needs more work on the mic) and the Rumble build up, Raw is experiencing the upswing that it is.

Kane is going to start getting a push here soon because of his movie coming out in May. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him main event Backlash. I think they'll tease dissention among Kane and Show at the Rumble. They'll lose the tag belts, then they'll face off at WM, where Kane will get the win.

Edge vs Show would work as a TV program, but I don't think it'll work as a ppv draw.

The Edge dynamic is really intriguing because Edge is a heel. Cena is hated by over half the audience and HHH is a heel who has no desire to turn face. HHH is preparing to become a father though (expecting in July) and he may scale back his role to focus on being a daddy. (which is a good thing)

Could it just be that maybe Cena's long reign and Edge getting a cheap win through the MIB got people interested again? Plus, it's the road to Mania timeframe and the ratings always go up around this time. At least this shows Vince that people are interested in wrestling and that rating from the court room raw isn't any proof to go the way of hollywood wrestling.

Guest bigm350
Could it just be that maybe Cena's long reign and Edge getting a cheap win through the MIB got people interested again? Plus, it's the road to Mania timeframe and the ratings always go up around this time. At least this shows Vince that people are interested in wrestling and that rating from the court room raw isn't any proof to go the way of hollywood wrestling.

I don't remember around this time, last year, that the ratings for Raw were this high. I could be wrong, though.

I'm talking about ratings always rise around this time of year for the wwe because of the Rumble and WrestleMania build. I just don't agree with people on the net who think Edge is this great champion because of a couple of weeks of ratings jumping. They used the live sex angle. They used Edge almost beheading Flair. They used Edge winning the title in a cheap stunt all around the build for Royal Rumble. They took the title off superman. IMO, it just simply isn't Edge causing interest here. Angle winning the world title out of nowhere also has caused the vibe that anything can happen again after months and months of staying the course of babyface champions.

I'm not saying Edge is a great champion. He's only just been in this new spot for a few weeks. I'm saying Edge is a fresh face on top who is over and it may have some legs if they keep with the momentum.

I'd like to think WWE would see that one of the reasons the Rumble is a successful draw is because it directly effects WM, which is two months out. Perhaps if they'd take a look outside their box that long term booking and planning and giving fans something to look forward to down the line is better for business long term versus hotshotting things, which is good short term, but can burn fans out in the long run.

IIIIIIIII know what they're doing, it all makes sense now....Rey wins, hops to Raw, beats Edge at WM, gets completely crushed by HHH later down the line...THAT'S GOTTA BE IT! you know how HHH treats those super over guys! (he'll have already crushed Cena prior to that, perhaps at WM)