TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
geniusMoment

Huge News

Keller just reported in his audio that TNA and Spike are set to announce that TNA is moving into primetime, with a strong clearance.

He says the show will be Thursday, from 8-9, followed by the two hours of UFC.

With only an hour? So it's really not much of a difference, just more pressure.

If I heard they were keeping Impact as well, giving them two hours a week then I'd be intrigued.

Damnit I want 2 hours!

I can see both sides of the argument, but if they can generate more interest during the week I think that under those circumstances they're more suited to a 2 hour run than just by having good ratings on Saturday night, and during the replay. Being able to get a 1.1 for instance on a loaded Thursday night at 8 looks a lot better than registering a 1.1 on Saturday at 11.

Primetime skills, Primetime skills.

Awesome news... I know everyone wants more TV Time but getting a great time slot in Primetime on a weeknight is what everyone's been hoping for. Not to mention TUF3 will be a really strong show with Shamrock and Ortiz as coaches.

They'll eventually get more time or at least a B-Show on Spike if things keep up.

I'd love 2 hours just so they'd fit in more of the wrestlers, but this is fantastic news anyway.

PWTorch said TNA got a 1.1 Saturday, which is great. But they also said they got over a 1.0 in October. Is that true? Because all this time everyone was wondering when they would get over 1.0, acting like it never happened.

I'd love 2 hours just so they'd fit in more of the wrestlers, but this is fantastic news anyway.

PWTorch said TNA got a 1.1 Saturday, which is great. But they also said they got over a 1.0 in October. Is that true? Because all this time everyone was wondering when they would get over 1.0, acting like it never happened.

They never got above 0.9 before so I don't know what the Torch is talking about.

Guest Andrew J.

Good for TNA, but it'll be going up against My Name is Earl and The Office in that timeslot. Thank goodness I have TiVo.

Good for TNA, but it'll be going up against My Name is Earl and The Office in that timeslot. Thank goodness I have TiVo.

No, they wont...

TNA from 8 to 9...Earl and Office 9 to 10 :headbang:

No, they wont...

TNA from 8 to 9...Earl and Office 9 to 10 :headbang:

Everybody Hates Chris and Smallville come on at that time, as will Alias when (and if) it returns.

that's great news for TNA. Just as long as Spike realizes that they wer putting TNA agasint some strong line ups from other channels and may not draw the most powerful rating it should be all good. Now as a guy who records wrestling cause of work, should I record TNA or the first hour of smackdown....descisons descisons descisons.

that's great news for TNA. Just as long as Spike realizes that they wer putting TNA agasint some strong line ups from other channels and may not draw the most powerful rating it should be all good. Now as a guy who records wrestling cause of work, should I record TNA or the first hour of smackdown....descisons descisons descisons.

Didn't SMACKDOWN move to Friday?

PWI says the move to a weeknight primetime slot has already been decided, but the day is still be discussed. Here's what they posted today:

TNA officials are in New York City today for meeting with Spike TV in regard to Impact being moved to a prime time weeknight timeslot.

There are some reports circulating online that the move would be to Thursdays, but sources indicate to me that while that might end up being the case, a final decision has not been made by Spike TV.

The decision to move the show to weeknights has already been made, and the meetings today will help determine that movement. For those of you who asked, there's no word on whether the series would be expanded to two hours.

It's possible an official announcement will come next Tuesday, as Spike TV has scheduled a media conference call with TNA X-Division champion Samoa Joe.

TNA Impact scored its best ratings, to date, this past Saturday evening with 1.3 million viewers tuning in to see the first appearance of Sting on national TV since the demise of WCW in 2001.

QUOTE(Scroby @ Feb 1 2006, 03:30 AM)

Didn't SMACKDOWN move to Friday?

....I keep forgetting about that. I'm still not used to the move. I don't know why either, it doesn't help when I need to set up the VCR to record Smackdown and I forget then remember when I'm out and I can't make it back.

That's where having a Tivo or ReplayTV comes in handy.

I personally have thought for a while TNA Impact _should_ be on Thursday nights, since that has been a traditional wrestling night since WCW Thunder and then WWF Smackdown, going back about 8 years ago.

Whether its Tuesday Night Action or Thursday Night Action in both cases it will be going up against Must See TV of Scrubs, My Name is Earl, the Office on NBC.

Whether its Tuesday Night Action or Thursday Night Action in both cases it will be going up against Must See TV of Scrubs, My Name is Earl, the Office on NBC.

You, my friend, have great taste.

As Dangerous A said, there will be no problem on both those nights if TNA starts at 8 pm. If not (or if it goes 2 hours), then God bless the VCR.

Why not Monday from 8 till 9pm with an overrun into the start of Raw? I'm sure Vince could turn around and do a 3 hour Raw but how would he without killing the brand extension? They won't do that because of Smackdown now having new life. He could do a 3 hour show here and there like Homecoming but look how desperate they were to fill those 3 hours? They couldn't do that week in and week out unless they (GASP) make some serious creative changes.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about Spike finally giving TNA a prime time spot and I know that we will forever speak of the negatives of TNA opposing Raw at this point. I just think Monday will forever be considered a 'wrestling night' for a lot of people, particularly when MNF isn't airing. Plus, with the move to ESPN, MNF doesn't even seem to be the marquee prime-time NFL game anymore. If they are going to do one hour on Thursdays I hope they at least consider an 11:00 or 11:30 Monday night replay. Especially since it seems like the replay numbers for Mondays have picked up with more people seemingly finding TNA after Raw and UFC.

Guest Princess Leena

I'd like a good explanation on how Impact would be better, especially matchwise, if it was 2 hours.

Good for TNA, though.

From the reports on various sites and what I gather, TNA wants head to head on monday while Spike is leaning towards a tandem with UFC on thursday.

As long as they get out of the graveyard shift on saturday night, this is still a victory for TNA.

Why not Monday from 8 till 9pm with an overrun into the start of Raw?

Meltz says that although Thursday is considered the front-runner, Monday is still on the table. Here's what he said:

After scoring its highest rating to date on Saturday night with a 1.1 for the debut of Sting, TNA and Spike officials are meeting in New York today regarding a prime time weeknight time slot.

According to sources, days discussed are both Monday and Thursday. One would suspect Thursday as the frontrunner, given all UFC first-run programming starting on 4/6 would be moved to Thursday. Thursday leading into UFC programming would be the most likely decision. It had been considered, even without the big rating, that a move was likely ever since the decision was made for the Tito Ortiz/Ken Shamrock season three of Ultimate Fighter to be on Thursdays at 11 p.m. Most likely, TNA would provide lead-in programming to UFC (which could be as early as 8 p.m.) due to the audience similarity.

I really hope they come out of this with at least another 30 minutes, but we shall see. Them being on in the week can be nothing but good for them though.

PWInsider update:

"I have heard from two sources that they are hearing the leading time slot for the show would be 8:00 to 9:30 on Thursday nights. Again, that isn't confirmed, but I have heard from two people that is what they are hearing. I also heard that TNA would like to get a Monday slot, starting at 8 o'clock. If it ends up they do 90 minutes on Thursday, it wouldn't shock me to find out that Spike gave TNA the extra half hour as a concession. Spike wants TNA on Thursday as a lead in to UFC programming"

-Dave Scherer

PWInsider update:

"I have heard from two sources that they are hearing the leading time slot for the show would be 8:00 to 9:30 on Thursday nights. Again, that isn't confirmed, but I have heard from two people that is what they are hearing. I also heard that TNA would like to get a Monday slot, starting at 8 o'clock. If it ends up they do 90 minutes on Thursday, it wouldn't shock me to find out that Spike gave TNA the extra half hour as a concession. Spike wants TNA on Thursday as a lead in to UFC programming"

-Dave Scherer

Of course, that extra half hour would put TNA up against "My Name is Earl." 8 to 9:30 would also be the same time slot as the competition night of "Dancing With the Stars" although the current Dancing run could be over by the time TNA gets moved.