TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Michael Cole & Tazz Get Radio Show On Sirius

Guest Desperate Housewife

I don't like Orton, but he's the strongest heel on the show. Wrestlemania dictates that the strongest heel takes on the strongest face

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
I don't like Orton, but he's the strongest heel on the show.

No he's not. The fans couldn't care less. That's not a hot heel. Booker T is a much stronger heel than Randy Orton at this point. And for Christ sakes, you have Kurt fucking Angle on the show. If they insist on doing heel vs. face (which certainly is not an absolute), let Angle play the heel and have the top face beat him.

How is not pushing cruiserweights a blind reason? It seems to be a legit one, despite no one in this thread speicifically saying anything about the cruiserweights.

I agree that saying HHH is holding down Paul London and Spanky is ridiculous, but saying HHH is halting Edge's momentum at the time is a pretty strong arguement. Who would benefit without Edge being the number 1 heel? Triple H. Who is cutting all these promos saying that he's going to regain the title, etc? Triple H. Who is the only (as far as what's been confirmed) current wrestler on WWE Creative? Huh, that would be Triple H!

Says the Edge Fangirl

HOLY SHIT!

That arguement has made me change my WHOLE MINDSET! You are a DEBATE MASTER! It's like being in the dark for your whole life and God says LET THERE BE LIGHT! I NOW HATE TNA AND LOVE WWE!!!!!

Orton is so not the strongest heel on Smackdown. I wouldn't place him stronger than third.

The wwe says he is...and to think anything different means you are not a fan.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Orton is so not the strongest heel on Smackdown. I wouldn't place him stronger than third.

The wwe says he is...and to think anything different means you are not a fan.

This is true. Much like John Cena being a successful crossover babyface star. Its true, or just stop watching.

Guest Desperate Housewife

Not really. I mean, I like Booker too, but Orton has more going for him, going into Mania

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Not really. I mean, I like Booker too, but Orton has more going for him, going into Mania

Well, he was decisively beaten by the Undertaker, made into Booker's errand boy, lost cleanly to Benoit in their blowoff and lost the Rumble despite getting the easiest slot.

I can see your point.

By what? Virtue of not being injured?

He's been booked terribly over the last several MONTHS and he's nowhere near over enough to challenge for the world title at Mania, let alone be in the co-main event and (presumably) win the championship. Putting him over Rey at NWO isn't going to change things. People will be more legit pissed over Rey getting fucked over than having honest heat for Orton.

CC's totally right about HHH and Edge. HHH usually gets around to cutting off people he sees as a threat to him at the knees, he just happened to throw it into overdrive with Edge. I'll laugh heartily when HHH gets the title back if the ratings start dipping into the mid 3s again. But that may happen before he even gets the belt back.

Housewife.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/...tial%20evidence

One entry found for circumstantial evidence.

Main Entry: circumstantial evidence

Function: noun

: evidence that tends to prove a fact by proving other events or circumstances which afford a basis for a reasonable inference of the occurrence of the fact at issue

- Until taking time off in June, Triple H held the World Heavyweight Championship approximately 60% of the time since its inception (source: http://www.wwe.com/inside/titlehistory/worldheavyweight/). This includes his matches with Batista.

- Triple H is married to Stephanie McMahon, daughter of WWE Chairman Vince McMahon, and the couple are expecting their first child (source: http://www.wwe.com).

- Triple H has been criticized by nearly every former employee of WWE, as well as some current ones (source: various WWE DVDs, various shoot DVDs, various video clips and radio segments). These criticisms have at times included the comment that Triple H is seen as having backstage power and being a member of management.

This isn't a court of law and I don't have evidence to hand you, but it's all there. It's not hard to find. If you want to change people's minds, the burden of finding that evidence is on you. Otherwise, this is likely not a good fit for you as forums go.

Assuming DH is serious, I don't think they want their mind changed. You could show a booking meeting with Hunter declaring he wants his belt back, which we almost got when he did that promo on Raw a few weeks ago. and I don't think DH would change their mind.

I agree that saying HHH is holding down Paul London and Spanky is ridiculous, but saying HHH is halting Edge's momentum at the time is a pretty strong arguement. Who would benefit without Edge being the number 1 heel? Triple H. Who is cutting all these promos saying that he's going to regain the title, etc? Triple H. Who is the only (as far as what's been confirmed) current wrestler on WWE Creative? Huh, that would be Triple H!

This argument, by the way, which you blew off without defending your own point, is also circumstantial evidence.

I don't like Orton, but he's the strongest heel on the show. Wrestlemania dictates that the strongest heel takes on the strongest face

JBL would disagree.

I'd like to know why DH thinks they took the belt off of Edge, except so they could do Triple H vs. Cena.

By the way, its been 5 years since Triple H wasn't in a world title match at Wrestlemania. Not even The Rock or Steve Austin can claim 5 consecutive years of world title matches. And this time (2002-2006) was during a business slump. Who the hell keeps the same guy at the top during a business slump unless he's got some extra pull backstage?

I'd like to know why DH thinks they took the belt off of Edge, except so they could do Triple H vs. Cena.

Its obviously because the wwe knows exactly what they are doing. Keeping the belt on Edge would have been disrespectful to HHH and Cena...the top heel and face in the company.

Guest Chumpstain
I'd like proof. Real proof.

And not just"OMG - he squashed so and so - he's got stroke" I want physical proof.

And I don't buy Meltzer as a source either

Surprised it's been this long and no one's said it, but..

On the Canadian television show Off The Record, both Triple H and Vince McMahon have guested at seperate times. Both admitted that Triple H is indeed part of creative. Vince said that Triple H and Stephanie would be next in line to take control of WWE after him, whenever that might be. Triple H meanwhile talked candidly about his role as part of creative, admitted it was hard to be on both sides of the fence (a wrestler and a booker), and finished by saying that the people commenting on the internet don't know what they're talking about.

When it comes straight from the horse's mouth, that's proof. Now, back to your regularly scheduled arguments.

Guest Chumpstain

But.. but.. but Canada gave you Chris Benoit! And Trish Stratus! And now we give you proof! Why must you hate us so? *cry*

But.. but.. but Canada gave you Chris Benoit! And Trish Stratus! And now we give you proof! Why must you hate us so? *cry*

Benoit's from Atlanta, dumbass.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
People, we need proof that Canada actually existed to produce Rush & Brian Adams.

I always just assumed they came from the depths of hell.

Canada (if there really is such a thing) did give us Neil Young (and, though Ive seen him perform live, that might not be proof enough that he was real) and that cancels everything else out.

Besides, even though Rush and Adams have recordings and such...that really isnt the kind of proof that someone with the credentials of dave oneil can provide.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Canada (if there really is such a thing) did give us Neil Young (and, though Ive seen him perform live, that might not be proof enough that he was real) and that cancels everything else out.

Neil Young cancels himself out. The music is awesome, but unfortuanately, it has to come with Neil Young.