TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

WWE announces 2006 DVDs

Well, what WOULD Jesse be on?

Warrior/Hulk's been released a 1,000 times (if he even did that show)

Savage/Hogan I'll check

Andre/Hulk Main Event I'll check

Hogan/Andre's been out a 1,000 times

Hogan/Orndorff was already released

Hogan/Bundy (WHYYYY IS THIS ON HERE???) I'll check

I got history of the title for 20 bucks at Best Buy.

It has the ending spot for every single WWE Title change ever, in timeline format.

Awesome. Old stuff of course, but I never saw Christian/Cena/Jericho. the crowd is nuclear. The match is great.

Is there a reason why is this match is on the DVD? The title never changed hands when Cena jumped.

Guest Bel-Air

The Flair/Savage title rematch was on a WWF 1992 Best Of release. I actually only watched it a few months back on VHS.

Ventura's commentary is intact on WM 2, Orndorff/Hogan, WM 3, The Main Event Hulk/Andre (yes!), WM 5 so far. I'm sure he's on 6 as well. All this stuff's been commercially released before the lawsuit. Ventura as "I TOLD YOU HULK WOULD LOSE!" and Vince, ironically, as the "HULK'S BEEN SCREWED!" commentators are great.

IMO, it is Cena's best title defense. The Jericho match at SummerSlam was great, but this gets more people in I guess, plus the crowd is super-hot for Cena, unlike SummerSlam where it was split. The focus was to put Cena over on the DVD, I guess.

Guest Bulldogs'86

So it looks like highlights are shown from every title change. About how much footage is shown of the non-featured matches - about two minutes or so per title change? Thanks.

Guest TootyFruity
So it looks like highlights are shown from every title change. About how much footage is shown of the non-featured matches - about two minutes or so per title change? Thanks.

10-15 seconds at most I would say.

Guest Bulldogs'86

That's too bad. It literally is only the final move of each match then. Do they even have a few seconds of footage from both of Sammartino's title victories?

That's too bad. It literally is only the final move of each match then. Do they even have a few seconds of footage from both of Sammartino's title victories?

This would be interesting to know, as far as I was aware, WWF footage that's left prior to Billy Graham was spotty and intermittent at best, as Tape Preservation was unknown until the mid-70's, and that both Sammartino title changes have been lost, with no known copies in existence, even in Vince's collection. It's possible that some footage still remains, but most of the stuff from the 50's and 60's is gone for good.

I just got the DVD tonight also and checked out the timeline, as well as portions of the 2000s disc. The timeline has just the pin in quite a few matches (i.e. Wrestlemania X shows Bret making the cover, the three count and it cuts off. No lead up. Some do show the finisher.) I think it is pretty interesting. The Koloff/Morales is the only early one in the set, as a few of the first switches they put up little captions. It is a nice set though and I am happy the timeline on the disc, in the set and the feature are up to date as of release. JR mentions only 35 have held the title and RVD is the 35th. The timeline also shows Edge beating RVD for his current reign.

Seeing as I just saw portions of the disc, I did notice one thing I couldn't remember if it was true or WWE Revisionist. It explains that after Brock Lesnar beat the Rock, being a Smackdown wrestler he refused to fight the Number One Contendor, RAW's Triple H, who was awarded his own title. As I remember it, Brock had signed a "Smackdown Exclusive" contract for after Summerslam and that was part of the story with his win. Can anyone fill me in as to what the actual details were?

When Valentine is half-way out of the cage door, Backlund pulling him in by the leg.

Heenan: "As far as I'm concerned the man is out of the ring." Whoever Heenan is doing commentary with, he's so cocky and condescending, it's hilarious.

Heenan did commentary with Craig DeGeorge and Johnny Valentine. Wonder when they taped THAT commentary...

Anyways, yes, Jesse Ventura is in there. Something that they did which was pretty neat is indicate who is commentating the match for each match.

BTW, no matches are clipped, but Sammartino-Kowalski, Graham-Backlund, and Backlund-Valentine are all joined in progress.

When Valentine is half-way out of the cage door, Backlund pulling him in by the leg.

Heenan: "As far as I'm concerned the man is out of the ring." Whoever Heenan is doing commentary with, he's so cocky and condescending, it's hilarious.

Heenan did commentary with Craig DeGeorge and Johnny Valentine. Wonder when they taped THAT commentary...

Anyways, yes, Jesse Ventura is in there. Something that they did which was pretty neat is indicate who is commentating the match for each match.

BTW, no matches are clipped, but Sammartino-Kowalski, Graham-Backlund, and Backlund-Valentine are all joined in progress.

They just used the exact same footage from the History of WWF Title tape they released back in 87 - which is why I think all the other matches you listed were joined in progress as well, they just rehashed the old footage from that tape. Although I've heard a few people say that the Backlund-Graham title change doesn't exist anywhere in complete form, not even in WWE's archives.

So the Backlund vs Diesel Title match is shown in its entirety? Yes!!

I just got the DVD tonight also and checked out the timeline, as well as portions of the 2000s disc. The timeline has just the pin in quite a few matches (i.e. Wrestlemania X shows Bret making the cover, the three count and it cuts off. No lead up. Some do show the finisher.) I think it is pretty interesting. The Koloff/Morales is the only early one in the set, as a few of the first switches they put up little captions. It is a nice set though and I am happy the timeline on the disc, in the set and the feature are up to date as of release. JR mentions only 35 have held the title and RVD is the 35th. The timeline also shows Edge beating RVD for his current reign.

Seeing as I just saw portions of the disc, I did notice one thing I couldn't remember if it was true or WWE Revisionist. It explains that after Brock Lesnar beat the Rock, being a Smackdown wrestler he refused to fight the Number One Contendor, RAW's Triple H, who was awarded his own title. As I remember it, Brock had signed a "Smackdown Exclusive" contract for after Summerslam and that was part of the story with his win. Can anyone fill me in as to what the actual details were?

actually thats about right. On theRAW the night after SS 02, Undertaker came out to challenge Brock, but then so did HHH, so Bischoff made them fight that night for the #1 contenders spot. HHH won. The end of the show saw Brock Lesnar backstage with Steph in a limo, announcing he was going to sd exclusively and refused to wrestle on raw.

Taker jumped to SD that week and won the #1contenders series (a neat format) and faced Lsenar at unforgiven. On the next raw after Brocks jump, Bischoff came out and said that since Brock refused to wrestle on RAW, the undisputed title was indeed in dispute so he brought out the world title (old wcw belt) and gave it to HHH since he was the #1 contender. (HHH went on that night to beat Flair, then lose in a tag match with Jericho to RVD and Flair with RVD getting the pin to close the show, and set up their match at Unforgiven)

Is there a reason why is this match is on the DVD? The title never changed hands when Cena jumped.

It was a really good match, one of Cena's best although I think the triple threat match from Taboo Tuesday with Angle and Michaels clearly smoked it.

Real story: HHH didn't want to job to Lesnar so Bischoff was made to go get the WCW title out of the trash can.

During HBK Vs. Austin, WM 14, right when HHH and Chyna get ejected, there is a dubbed in Finkel, obviously taped for this presentation, that says "Ladies and gentlemen, the referee has ordered that both Triple H and Chyna are to leave the ringside area!" I don't understand, why was this taped and thrown in? It sounds like a generic voiceover for a videogame.

I went to buy the Title dvd at WalMart today, but they didnt have it...they did have Bloodsport though, which I found a bit weird.

"I think the triple threat match from Taboo Tuesday with Angle and Michaels clearly smoked it."

Tell me about this match.

Basically like Vengeance, hot crowd supporting both Angle and Michaels, but booing the fuck out of Cena. They both carried Cena to another great match. Its fun to watch, match has great flow to it, probably the best match of the PPV besides the HHH / Flair cage match.

During HBK Vs. Austin, WM 14, right when HHH and Chyna get ejected, there is a dubbed in Finkel, obviously taped for this presentation, that says "Ladies and gentlemen, the referee has ordered that both Triple H and Chyna are to leave the ringside area!" I don't understand, why was this taped and thrown in? It sounds like a generic voiceover for a videogame.

Because the overdubbing said "the World Wrestling Federation referee...". I don't remember what the original quote was, but I'm guessing Fink originally said "the WWF referee..."

how come jesse was edited off the warrior dvd for hogan-uw but not on here?

anyhow havent picked it up yet,at work this week at CC, there were only a few copies shipped here for some reason, and some guy wearing a Sabu shirt bought one the other day (after I showed him where it was so he was mad thankful)I think we dont do well selling wwe dvds here since there are usually lots of copies of stuff here (annd we still have multiple copies of the cena dvd that came out in 2004)

I wonder if I should get it when I go back to work? seems like I have seen most of the matches included and most are already on other dvds.

I had just gotten ECW 0ns 06 last week, and was going to either buy Vengeance 06, and/ or maybe the dusty dvd set, or GAB 06.

wonder if the hogan dvd bonus disc with the urmble will be just like "hulk still rules" which showed the rumble match from just hogans entrance to the end

wonder if the hogan dvd bonus disc with the urmble will be just like "hulk still rules" which showed the rumble match from just hogans entrance to the end

That's what I'm thinking. You know how WWE loves to recycle instead of putting in the extra effort.

so when does Pillman come out? I have seen 9/26, but is that right?

Yes, it comes out on the 26th.

Here's to hoping that Brian Pillman's DVD will totally out-sell Vince McMahon's DVD. That will make me smile.