TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rob Anybody

A 14 year old and a 10 year old

Too hot for Hardcore Discussion.

Here's what I wrote:

I was just at Hollywood Video, and this kid stopped me. I didn't recognize him,but I figured he was probably one of the skate punk type kids that I had met while drunk at Papa Joe's. It turns out that he just figured I'd help him out because I looked "punk" (apparently due to my Rancid shirt and studded bracelet, LOL).

Now I drink and smoke, but I didn't do either til age 19. I mean, I have bought beer for friends under 21 and cigarettes for 17 year olds, but a 10 year old drinking? That's fucked up. And they mentioned smoking pot.

That's California for ya.

It's just sad, though. As I said, I indulge in all those things (Well, not really pot anymore) but at that age, it's depressing. They should enjoy their youth, and then succumb to such vices when adulthood hits them over the head.

There should be a "which is better: dragon or rancid shirt" poll.

On saying that you did the right thing matt.

And i'd vote for dragon shirt :le wink:

To a 10 year old, sure.

The thing about buying liquor and cigarettes I don't like is being asked for id by people obviously younger than me. If you could see my beard you would share my outrage.

A Rancid shirt making one look "punk" ?

That's where the story lost me. I'm more worried about kids thinking Rancid make someone look punk than I am about them drinking and smoking.

Let em get the booze, smokes and drugs and knock up a few middle schoolers. It's the American Dream!

To a 10 year old, sure.

The thing about buying liquor and cigarettes I don't like is being asked for id by people obviously younger than me. If you could see my beard you would share my outrage.

ah they're just doing their job, man...my brother worked at a grocery store in customer service and got busted in one of those lame "sting operations" where a kid (a teenager who looked older) would go buy alcohol and then tell the cops if it got sold to them. of course, my brother is a fucking idiot, but still, he lost his job and got a nice heavy fine. I just hand my ID to them right from the get go before they even ask, can't hate on them for doing their job.

That's where the story lost me. I'm more worried about kids thinking Rancid make someone look punk than I am about them drinking and smoking.

Let em get the booze, smokes and drugs and knock up a few middle schoolers. It's the American Dream!

Yeah... I mean, I do like some punk (mostly punk-influenced) music, but it was hard for me not to laugh at the notion of a Rancid shirt and studded bracelet making me "punk". The kids were trying to show me how "punk" they were, with the 10 year old in his Ramones shirt and the 14 year old holding up his jacket saying, "Look man, Igot my leather, (showing buttons) fucking Misfits, Dead Kennedys, Ramones, Sex Pistols, fuck yeah, man. And check out my lighter. It's got the logo for The Misfits 'Die, Die, My Darling' fuck yeah man."

Between that, their addictions to beer, weed, and cigarettes, and their general demeanors, I have almost completely lost faith in today's youth.

Yeah, Matt! We thought you were cool man. c'mon

To a 10 year old, sure.

ah they're just doing their job, man...my brother worked at a grocery store in customer service and got busted in one of those lame "sting operations" where a kid (a teenager who looked older) would go buy alcohol and then tell the cops if it got sold to them. of course, my brother is a fucking idiot, but still, he lost his job and got a nice heavy fine. I just hand my ID to them right from the get go before they even ask, can't hate on them for doing their job.

True enough. The odd thing is just how it's only people younger than me who want to see it. I've decided that young people just can't judge a person's age, because my mom was once famously carded, and she's over 50.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

That was probably the whole intention of the carding. A younger guy with a mature woman fetish.

Those kids probably have great parents...

Just another argument in support of requiring people to get a parenting license before conceiving in this country.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Ok, say someone breeds without a license, then what? What a stupid fucking idea.

Children born illegally would be taken as wards of the state and be raised to fight in the military.

Sure, it'll never happen, but I can dream right?

No, but it's safe to presume that someone wearing a Rancid shirt is enough of a tool to buy beers & smokes for underage kids. Or if nothing else, is so desperate for friends that they'd be willing to buy for the brats.

I never buy things for underage kids ... fuck 'em. I found a way to have fun when I was underage, they can do the same.

10 would be too young for me to buy shit like that, but a 14 year old I would have no problem buying ciggies and drinks for 'em. It just depends on how they ask. If they come up being a real smartass then I would tell them to fuck off, but if they were alright cool about it I could care less.

Guest Vitamin X
I never buy things for underage kids ... fuck 'em. I found a way to have fun when I was underage, they can do the same.

Shyeah really, just do some coke like the rest of us.