TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Angle's Greatest Rivalries

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Not sure if they'll make it that high since it was a mostly comedy-based feud, but Edge/Angle will likely be there I'd think. Probably HHH too, with the whole Steph deal back in '00/'01.

They show pictures of Edge and HHH in the logo, so they should be in there. Austin and Lesnar probably as well. Just a matter of the order.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Angle/Jho is going to be up there also. Just as huge as Nash/Gravity.

The Jho turn on Angle was Hogan/Mr. Wonderful level.

Not sure if they'll make it that high since it was a mostly comedy-based feud, but Edge/Angle will likely be there I'd think. Probably HHH too, with the whole Steph deal back in '00/'01.

You've obviously forgotten that the Steph thing never happened.

Nah, they just mentioned Steph in the Rock rivalry. I'd say that Brock, Austin, and Benoit have to have the top three spots in some order. Maybe put Edge at #4, HHH at #5, and then Michaels at #6

I´m sure that the remainig rivalries, in no particular order are:

- Austin

- Benoit

- Edge

- HHH

- Michaels

- Undertaker

I doubt that Vince will mention The Lesnar/Angle rivalry, but I could be wrong.

- Austin

- Benoit

- Edge

- HHH

- Michaels

- Undertaker

If you think Vince reads WWE.com, you're kidding yourself. It's just some bored intern. Oh, and Taker and Angle have never had a singles match on PPV. There's no way he's in the top 6.

- Austin

- Benoit

- Edge

- HHH

- Michaels

- Undertaker

If you think Vince reads WWE.com, you're kidding yourself. It's just some bored intern. Oh, and Taker and Angle have never had a singles match on PPV. There's no way he's in the top 6.

Survivor Series 2000, Fully Loaded 2000...

Angle vs Father Time I think is probably going to be the biggest feud of his life. My money's on Time.

I think this is the winner myself :D

I mean the wwe has taken its toll on the guy more than the Olympics. Look at him at the Royal Rumble in 2000 against Tazz and now.

Angle vs. Lesnar was probably his greatest rivalry since he traded titles and both men had the same kind of background. The feud wrote itself. Benoit/Angle and Angle/Edge should be in the top 5 too in no particular order with the HHH and HBK following.

Angle vs Father Time I think is probably going to be the biggest feud of his life. My money's on Time.

I don't know. Father Time's been jobbing to Jake Roberts pretty regularly. Or is that the Grim Reaper?

Yeah, Jake does look horrible and is asking to tap out, but Father Time probably doesn't want him in his sphere and is leaving him here to rot. The Grim Reaper sent him to the demon world according to Jim Ross in 1996 when he jobbed to Taker at Mania 8.

Yeah, Jake does look horrible and is asking to tap out, but Father Time probably doesn't want him in his sphere and is leaving him here to rot. The Grim Reaper sent him to the demon world according to Jim Ross in 1996 when he jobbed to Taker at Mania 8.

Maybe you should word that better or get a sense of wrestling timelines. WM8 was in 1992.

Jim Ross was not in the wwe in 1992. Jim Ross made that comment in 1996 during the Ross Report on one of the syndicated shows as the build up for the KOR comeback story for Jake "The Snake" Roberts.

Jim Ross was not in the wwe in 1992. Jim Ross made that comment in 1996 during the Ross Report on one of the syndicated shows as the build up for the KOR comeback story for Jake "The Snake" Roberts.

Hence, word that better.

It'd be neat if this little poll was the beginning of the build to Lesnar's return.

He could reappear the night that they announce the winner, and say that the winner gets a match vs. Angle that night. They could go two ways with it: either have Lesnar win the tourney or have someone else win and have Lesnar run in post-match and attack Angle. I'd prefer the latter, since it'd help with a ratings pop.

Of course, having said all that, I fully recognize that the above scenario ain't happening. It's just a 'that'd be neat' kind of post.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Wow, I can't believe Edge is only Number 6! I figured he would be in the top 3 followed by Benoit and HBK.

The Austin feud was better with better matches

Yeah, Angle and Austin were in some kind of main event match together 7 PPVs in a row (and my facts are right on this one). That's way more significant than Angle and Edge dicking around in the midcard.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Yeah, Angle and Austin were in some kind of main event match together 7 PPVs in a row (and my facts are right on this one). That's way more significant than Angle and Edge dicking around in the midcard.

Counting the Royal Rumble is a bit cheap

I'm guessing Angle/Taker is in the top three to show how this current feud is one of his most thrilling EVAR!

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Woah. The only ones that you could argue were better than Benoit are Austin and Shawn. HHH and Lesnar have no business ahead of Benoit.

They say the Benoit feud would have been in the top 3 if a big title like the WWE Title would have been more on the line in their rivalry. Then how the hell is HBK/Angle higher then the Benoit feud. Benoit/Angle have feuded longer and more then once, they had a WWE Title match, had better matches then Angle/HBK, so this is bs. HBK/Angle was never for a title either. They can say it was a WrestleMania match and they cost eachother a title shot, but Benoit/Angle was also a WM match and they fought for the title itself on PPV. Rant over. Benoit feud > HBK feud