TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

What type of wrestling fans annoy you?

I'll go first I have three kinds

I hate closed-minded wrestling fans the most. The kind who owe thier allegiance to one league who can do no wrong (League Marks). The kind who swear Indy Wrestlers can't be as good as anyone in "thier" favorite league because they've "never heard of them" or they never appeared in "thier" league. The kind who wouldn't watch International wrestling because they can't speak the language.

I also hate fans who think there should only be one kind of wrestling, whether mat-style, spotfest, ring psychology etc. There are different styles for different types of fans and all do have a place in the business.

and fans which really make my blood boil, are the disrespectful fans. These Fans will show no respect to certain guys no matter what effort he puts in.

John Cena- prime Example he is hated for his gimmick and wrestling ability now thats fair enough.

However he trys to push himself to be better, he watches hours of footage and uses all his spare time talking to more experienced pros, learning and trying to improve.

I am in a Two way With john Cena, i think his matches have become stale, this does not make me hate the man. I respect what he is trying to do, i respect what he does outside the ring. So i respect the man.

Now a lot of fans especially IWC will not even take into accout what he is trying to do or how he is trying to achieve showing no respect.

Your Turn

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

The thing with Cena is that is that while never good, he was SOOO much better in the ring in 03. Its sort of hard to believe a healthy, young wrestler could become the absolute drizzling shits in less than three years while actively trying to improve. Something there doesn't add up.

Oh god, what an awesome topic for me to rant! But to keep it short, guys who sit in the front row, screaming at the wrestlers to do a move or 'end it'. The guy who turned his back on HHH after he beat Flair last week is a good example.

Also people who stand outside arenas for hours and talk about wrestling until the doors open, and nobody can shut him up. People who ask old school questions and have to prove they know more than anyone that is stuck having to listen to them.

And people who sit in the same area everytime! TNA fans are the worst at that, but I think that's just jealousy that they keep getting prime spots and I don't lol

Guest Brian

I think I hate wrestling fans in general. I've never been t oa show where I haven't been embarassed to be there. I've never heard wrestling fans talk (in person) and not want to throw myself into traffic.

I hate the fans that think something is true just because Dave Meltzer or Bob Ryder said so.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
I think I hate wrestling fans in general. I've never been t oa show where I haven't been embarassed to be there. I've never heard wrestling fans talk (in person) and not want to throw myself into traffic.

This is true.

Would saying "fans that start topics that don't belong in this folder" be too obvious at this point?

Funny, I was going to say fans who start stupid ass threads like this.

I hate wrestling fans that believe ANYTHING. Like, when they read the dirtsheets, there is always those stupid links with outrageous and false news JUST so that you can go to their site. They would believe it.

Also, I hate fans who think just because they can rant on wrestling (being smarkish about it) means they are knowledgable and awesome. I went to an ROH show once and about 3 seats down was some IDIOT rambling about WWE, and comparing it to the MUCH BETTER match that was going on in the ring (Samoa Joe vs. Daniels). He was a WWE mark, because he started trashing the match and comparing it to other bouts in the WWE, etc, etc. You should have seen the fans turning around and telling him to be quiet. He was rather loud.

And sometimes, I can't stand ROH fans...ALWAYS putting a positive twist on the worst stuff. That ROH event I just mentioned: That was the August 2005 event in Morristown, where the main event was originally Homicide vs. Spanky vs. Gibson for the ROH World Title, but it was later changed to the lackluster main event of Gibson/Spanky. I felt gypped, but SOMEHOW they would twist it into a positive...

Guest ChikoDemono
And sometimes, I can't stand ROH fans...ALWAYS putting a positive twist on the worst stuff.

A bad show is a bad show, it's rare for ROH to disapoint its fans but a bad show sometimes doesn't hurt because the momentum was going strong before last night.

Not to mention the wrestling fan who knows the entire fanbase of a wrestling promotion and can confidently predict that...

If TNA ever had Jeff Hardy beat Joe TNA would lose 50 % of their fanbase.

Of course, the fans who flame other wrestling fans on messaging boards are, by far, the most annoying to me.

My biggest pet peeve are the fans who are quick to chant "you fucked up" the second a move is messed up. On the flip side, I love the fans who tell them to sit down and shut the fuck up.

I hate fans that try to ALWAYS take the heat off of the boys and put it on themselves. And no, I don't mean the infamous Heel Section. I mean the current Orlando crowd for TNA. SHUT THE FLYING FUCK UP AND TRY LISTENING TO THE PROMO INSTEAD OF CHANTING THROUGH IT!! MAYBE YOU'RE MISSING VITAL PARTS OF THE STORY!!!

I dislike RoH marks that take every opportunity to talk about how "great" Ring of Honor is, even if it is in another promotion's folder. Hawk 34, I'm looking your way.

Despite the fact, I clearly criticized ROH's failure to live up to the hype, stating it's lucky to have such a loyal fanbase to save them. Do I like ROH? Yes. Do I like TNA? Yes. Do I like WWE? Sometimes.

All promotions have flaws and strengths, lately ROH's flaws and strengths have been called in question due to a lost of talent and a very disapointing show only because the hype wasn't justified. Unlike many TNA or WWE marks here (and we know who they are), who only believe that promotion can do good and the rest can't, I do know ROH has a flaw and that's Gabe's inability to live up to hype. When Gabe puts the hype in the hands of his talent, ROH will almost always live up to that hype.

ROH thrives because of the work inside that ring and as long as they keep satisfying a niche market, they will continue to push through. By continuing to use these hype methods and not living up to it, that fanbase will grow irritated. Luckily for ROH, they have a really important and crucial stretch of shows to recover from that disapointing show.

-

On Topic

What kind of fans "annoy" me? Simple, "fans" whose purpose is only to put themselfs over. This has been a staple of any wrestling promotion.

WWE with the influx of idiotic signs, TNA with it's atrocious chants ("This is Awesome" etc) and ROH/All indies with fans using smarky terms to evaluate the match as it's happening.

Guest ChikoDemono

Hawk 34, we all know Ring of Honor is great. You do not need to preach in the TNA folder about them. I'm not telling you to stop or anything, just giving you the heads up that the good TNA marks represented here at the SmartMarks forum know how good RoH is.

I agree regarding the TNA fans' annoyance; now there is a sociological experiment. If one watched since TNA's inception, the crowd did not always start off that way. When was the breaking point to cause them to become such pricks?

Also, which crowd of fans is/was the most annoying? TNA's current crowd , RoH's 2002 crowd, or ECW's 1999 crowd? Each fanbase during one point or another annoyed the hell out of me, but which one deserves the crown for most annoying?

Anyone who tells me that they have been a Shawn Michaels since back in "the day" and when I go to mention The Rockers they go you know when Triple H and him were DX. I also hate Shawn Michaels fans in general because I am a Bret Hart diehard but that just pisses me off when people do that.

Thanks.

Anti-Smarks. The type that show up every so often to make the point try and claim that if someone thinks Chris Benoit is a better wrestler than the Boogeyman that are completely bitter smarks who are no longer 'true' wrestling fans. Usually they end up attacking 'smark-favourite' wrestlers personally as well, while insulting any wrestling fan that has ever read something from Meltzer and even generally disliking any fan that was watching wrestling prior to 1998.

I absolutely hate fans that state that their enjoyment of the product is weakened when they get online and see that a wrestler/show/match/promo/angle etc that they like(d) was called shit by others. To me that's the very definition of pathetic.

I agree whole heartedly on the anti-smarks.

Other ones that get me are Puro/Indy snobs who do nothing but hate on mainstream wrestling and cite their favorite Japanese or Indy promotion as a precedent for what "real wrestling" is. On the same note, I don't really like overtly anti-WWE people either. Those people who go out of their way to rip everything WWE does and bash people who enjoy anything about it.

This new breed of MMA shills is annoying for a lot of the same reasons. I can understand why people like it, or would prefer it to wrestling, but there's no reason to pollute WRESTLING threads with pro-MMA/Anti-wrestling stuff.

I guess I just don't like intolerant fans, or people who push their view as the only right one, especially on message boards. Get over yourselves.

TNA fans that duel chant every match.

This doesn't apply for TNA only, it's a part of pretty much every single indy promotion as well. I thought duel chants were nifty when it first went around and it was based off 2 mega-faces going at it, it made sense for a split crowd to chant for both wrestlers. However when a crowd does a duel chant for a clear heel/face match and it's just a under-card match? that is over-kill.

The ten most annoying chants

1. WHAT?!

2. Let's Go A *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* Let's go B, *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP*

3. This is AWESOME!

4. WHOOOOOAAAA ABYSS (I still don't get this at all)

5. HOLY SHIT!

6. You Fucked up!

7. You Suck

8. The Goodbye song

9. ECW! ECW! ECW! (When 90% of the time, chanting it is pointless)

10. MATCH OF THE YEAR! MATCH OF THE YEAR!

I don't mind "Thank You" chants if it's for a wrestler leaving a promotion or if they put on a special performence. I don't see it as any different as giving a standing ovation.