TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ANKLELOCK

ECW One Night Stand II-It's Official

If he doesn't resign, the PPV likely won't do nearly as good. ECW fans know it's Heyman's baby. They don't want an ECW without Heyman at the helm. You can take all of the old-school ECW guys and have them do violent brawls all you want, but without Heyman it just doesn't work (see: XPW).

I think Heyman will sign another short extension, just to make sure he can wrap things up in OVW the way he wants to and book his final show for WWE @ ONSII.

If Heyman doesn't re-sign, I can only hope Tommy Dreamer is booking the show but I doubt that.

I think Heyman will sign another short extension, just to make sure he can wrap things up in OVW the way he wants to and book his final show for WWE @ ONSII.

If Heyman doesn't re-sign, I can only hope Tommy Dreamer is booking the show but I doubt that.

If he doesn't resign, I can honestly see Stephanie coming out during the ppv and remind everyone that in WWE land, she owns ECW and shits all over the promotion on an open mic during the ppv......through I think the fans there would eat her alive but the fans won't be able to turn off the micaphone.

I'm thinking the main event is going to be Terry Funk vs Tommy Dreamer, or Dreamer and Funk tagging against two other people.

Guest Dr Stupid

Dreamer and Funk in a tag would be much better than singles. Put Foley (as Cactus) in with someone else, Sandman (only cause i can't be bothered to think of anything else i would want him to do)

Actually, you could have any combination in that tag, depending on how it was set up. Funk/Cactus vs Dreamer/Sandman maybe?

I would need to see a list of who is going to be there before I decide on a purchase for this. Last year's show had enough ECW alumni and such that it worked.

Heyman also must be behind the show. Dreamer stinks as a booker/matchmaker, although with enough time he might be able to salvage a watchable show. His OVW stuff was drizzling shits.

Well, since it's going on, try this scenario:

RVD wins money in the bank at WM 22.

Cashes in at one night stand against HHH (why would HHH be at ONS? Well maybe the money in the bank match stipulation includes when and where the winner wants it, I don't know). RVD wins title in front of ECW fans, being super-over and Triple H does this so he can get closer to 17 reigns in rematch at summer slam.

Well, since it's going on, try this scenario:

RVD wins money in the bank at WM 22.

Cashes in at one night stand against HHH (why would HHH be at ONS? Well maybe the money in the bank match stipulation includes when and where the winner wants it, I don't know). RVD wins title in front of ECW fans, being super-over and Triple H does this so he can get closer to 17 reigns in rematch at summer slam.

I agree with this booking, but knowing the WWE they'll have RVD almost win the title but is cut short by some cheap finish.

Dreamer would turn on RVD in a bit that will see Dreamer continue on as substitute Heat announcer as if nothing happened. The Money in the Bank storyline is casually discarded as everyone goes back to Sqaure 1 on Raw.

The only roster problem is that outside of Rob Van Dam, Tommy Dreamer, and The Sandman...what ECW main event guys are left? Raven's in TNA, I'm pretty sure Sabu is still under TNA contract (at least for a little while longer), Buh Buh Ray and D-Von are in TNA, Corino likely won't do it because of differences with Paul Heyman, Credible would be wise to only do it if he can get the rights to the name back...so unless only a few of the matches are going to feature ECW mainstays with the rest being up-and-coming indy guys that likely would have been booked in ECW (as many have suggested to give it MORE of an ECW feel), then the show is lacking talent.

Which, I guess, is a perfect homage to the later days of ECW when there was a lack of talent so everybody worked longer matches.

Also, PLEASE have Awesome wrestle somebody other than Tanaka. Tanaka/Balls would be pretty good (their match at, IIRC, Hardcore Heaven '00 was better than it had any right to be).

Terry Funk is already plugged into the main event, or was awhile ago.

I suggest the idea of Heyman using OVW talent for the ECW show, it'd be a perfect way for WWE to bring someone up, such as CM Punk.

Quickie fantasy booking idea

Main Event

Rob Van Dam Vs Kurt Angle

*I'd have MR. ECW challenge Kurt Angle, someone who has been very vocal in his hatred for ECW, if Angle is still the world champion by June, making it for the title doesn't hurt either if they feel like Smackdown could use an extra piece of starpower, then they can bring RVD over after winning the title at ONS2 and give him a Benoit reing*

Terry Funk and Dreamer Vs Impact Players

*Simple story, JC and Storm were thorns in Dreamer's side for years. Funk was Dreamer's mentor. One last final battle between bitter rivals. I have a feeling Storm gets the wrestling bug again after working with Danielson*

Eddie Guerrero Memorial

Chris Jericho, Benoit and Scorpio Vs Dean Melenko, Psicosis and Mysterio

*I am sure they will do Benoit/Mysterio @ WM as a EG tribute match, but here's a chance to give more "tributes" to Eddie by using his close friends in a special tag match*

Mike Awesome Vs Spike Dudley

*I'm sick of Awesome/Tanaka and Awesome/Spike was Awesome's only other major rival in ECW and they always had good big man-little guy matches*

Tajiri Vs Steve Corino

*Steve Corino is a LONG shot, but this is merely pretend. In reality, it'd be Tajiri/Crazy/Guido in a three-way dance*

Sandman Vs Stevie Richards

*Have Richards play the flunky role this time around, He bumps into Sandman and this sets off a quick match between the two*

Balls Vs Tanaka

*As Laz said, they had good brawls and this can lead into the usual Heyman overbooked 4 man tag match involving Axl, Doring/Roadkill and Baldies with New Jack making a"surprise" appearence.

It's not the best but it's enough with what they have.

I like the fact that C.M. Punk is mentioned in every single thread about the next ECW reunion show. It isn't going to happen, C.M. Punk was never in ECW, hardcore ECW fans won't care about C.M. Punk because he has no connection to the promotion they used to love. C.M. Punk would be lucky to ever end up as a successful member of the WWE roster.

The only roster problem is that outside of Rob Van Dam, Tommy Dreamer, and The Sandman...what ECW main event guys are left? Raven's in TNA, I'm pretty sure Sabu is still under TNA contract (at least for a little while longer), Buh Buh Ray and D-Von are in TNA, Corino likely won't do it because of differences with Paul Heyman, Credible would be wise to only do it if he can get the rights to the name back...so unless only a few of the matches are going to feature ECW mainstays with the rest being up-and-coming indy guys that likely would have been booked in ECW (as many have suggested to give it MORE of an ECW feel), then the show is lacking talent.

Which, I guess, is a perfect homage to the later days of ECW when there was a lack of talent so everybody worked longer matches.

Also, PLEASE have Awesome wrestle somebody other than Tanaka. Tanaka/Balls would be pretty good (their match at, IIRC, Hardcore Heaven '00 was better than it had any right to be).

I suggest the idea of Heyman using OVW talent for the ECW show, it'd be a perfect way for WWE to bring someone up, such as CM Punk.

Main Event

*I'd have MR. ECW challenge Kurt Angle, someone who has been very vocal in his hatred for ECW, if Angle is still the world champion by June, making it for the title doesn't hurt either if they feel like Smackdown could use an extra piece of starpower, then they can bring RVD over after winning the title at ONS2 and give him a Benoit reing*

*Simple story, JC and Storm were thorns in Dreamer's side for years. Funk was Dreamer's mentor. One last final battle between bitter rivals. I have a feeling Storm gets the wrestling bug again after working with Danielson*

Eddie Guerrero Memorial

*I am sure they will do Benoit/Mysterio @ WM as a EG tribute match, but here's a chance to give more "tributes" to Eddie by using his close friends in a special tag match*

*I'm sick of Awesome/Tanaka and Awesome/Spike was Awesome's only other major rival in ECW and they always had good big man-little guy matches*

Tajiri Vs Steve Corino

*Steve Corino is a LONG shot, but this is merely pretend. In reality, it'd be Tajiri/Crazy/Guido in a three-way dance*

*Have Richards play the flunky role this time around, He bumps into Sandman and this sets off a quick match between the two*

Balls Vs Tanaka

*As Laz said, they had good brawls and this can lead into the usual Heyman overbooked 4 man tag match involving Axl, Doring/Roadkill and Baldies with New Jack making a"surprise" appearence.

I like the fact that C.M. Punk is mentioned in every single thread about the next ECW reunion show. It isn't going to happen, C.M. Punk was never in ECW, hardcore ECW fans won't care about C.M. Punk because he has no connection to the promotion they used to love. C.M. Punk would be lucky to ever end up as a successful member of the WWE roster.

If Paul Heyman gets to run the show again, Paul Heyman certainly would consider the possibility of getting his favorite star right now on the show. Punk, would have fit the ECW mold. If you paid attention, the idea was that Heyman would have a group of upstarts (i.e, his OVW stars) looking to make an impact at the ECW show, including

Punk.

If Heyman wants it, he'll talk McMahon into it or just not even mention Punk's involvment.

Heyman's said in the past that the only way restarting ECW would work was if they brought in new talent to groom and develop.

But as long as they're riging the nostalgia train, Heyman did the right thing last year by booking only people who could still work. Hardcore Homecoming did the opposite and booked everyone they could find, and you had guys 100 lbs. overweight making asses out of themselves.

And then again, Heyman's going to have to use Terry Funk this year. He can hardly walk anymore, so putting him in anything other than a tag match wouldn't be wise.

Guest new jack 4 prez

Main Event

Eddie Guerrero Memorial

Tajiri Vs Steve Corino

Balls Vs Tanaka

If Paul Heyman gets to run the show again, Paul Heyman certainly would consider the possibility of getting his favorite star right now on the show. Punk, would have fit the ECW mold. If you paid attention, the idea was that Heyman would have a group of upstarts (i.e, his OVW stars) looking to make an impact at the ECW show, including

Punk.

If Heyman wants it, he'll talk McMahon into it or just not even mention Punk's involvment.

i'd keep every thing but i'd bring in new jack and kornus to have a rematch witn ian and axl rotten and then have jack shoot agian just make it more bloody lincese's natural born killers and have an ctual outcome

Guest new jack 4 prez

this is the only wwe thread i will comment on becuase WWE FUCKING SUCKS I REPEAT WWE FUCKING SUCKS

Guest shark boy super fan

Main Event

Eddie Guerrero Memorial

Tajiri Vs Steve Corino

Balls Vs Tanaka

Punk.

i'd keep every thing but i'd bring in new jack and kornus to have a rematch witn ian and axl rotten and then have jack shoot agian just make it more bloody lincese's natural born killers and have an ctual outcome

This ppv is going to suck

Was it worth quoting all that for a crappola 6-word response?

Yes it was because this ppv is going to suck balls big time bitch

Your mom

That was a nice use of alliteration. Now go to dictionary.com to find out what alliteration is . . . and stay there. Thank you for your anticipated and enthusiastic cooperation.

That was a nice use of alliteration. Now go to dictionary.com to find out what alliteration is . . . and stay there. Thank you for your anticipated and enthusiastic cooperation.

whats your problem i mean were all ecw fans on this thread but i am just being a realist and this ppv is not going to be good

Your beauty is only exceeded by your wisdom, shark boy super fan.

what it's going to suck just like your mom does. fyi this is my last comment in this thread goodby

what it's going to suck just like your mom does. fyi this is my last comment in this board goodby

Edited for wishful thinking.

Guest xSarahx

what it's going to suck just like your mom does. fyi this is my last comment in this thread goodby

The :wub: the internet.

what it's going to suck just like your mom does. fyi this is my last comment in this board goodby

Edited for wishful thinking.

you were wrong i am back