TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Cucaracha

Don't believe the hype

Being RoH World Champion doesn't mean being a susperstar that's known around the world, it means being a proficent wrestler that can entertain, and get a reaction, and that can carry the title.
Or that your name is Xavier ;)

Being RoH World Champion doesn't mean being a susperstar that's known around the world, it means being a proficent wrestler that can entertain, and get a reaction, and that can carry the title.

Or that your name is Xavier ;)

Touche.

I don't get Sonjay either. Although he does pull out some nice spots, I don't find him interesting at all unless packaged in a Video Montage.

I don't care for Sonjay either.

Homicide doesn't do much for me, he can have very good matches with certain guys, but otherwise he's uneventful.

Spanky...he's good, but I don't get the insane love for him. I can watch a match and enjoy it, but I never go "that was great" when it's over.

And I could do without Tony Mamaluke

I might expand the topic a bit to much with this but I dont get the absolute crazy love some people share for ROH. Even TNA has these fans as well. They almost cant see the bad things about either company and they are often anti-WWE. I dont love WWE and I find some PPV's from TNA entertaining. I have a hard time for alot of ROH. For me the announcing was just to bad + all the spotmonkeys who cant sell which used to be on the undercard.

When it comes to wrestlers:

Roderick Strong - I have only seen his TNA PPV work but Im not really impressed.

Shane McMahon - He's ok for what he does (i.e. comes in for a match every couple of years or so). Some seem to think he's an awesome wrestler though and coult put on **** matches every time. He works because he isnt doing his stuff all the time. That way they have done well in hiding his weakness.

Some people list Sonjay Dutt, Jack Evans etc and I agree with them. However I never found that people actually liked them. Most people I have met dont like them.

I found a fun thing that I liked Chris Sabins match he did when he was injured against AMW more than most of his other stuff. It actually looked like a combat and he "sold" his knee all the way through (of course since it was injured). LEARN HOW TO SELL DAMMIT!!!! So alot of the x-division guys fall into this category. Williams, Sabin, Dutt etc.

Evans is great in multi-man matches, tag matches, or when he is in the ring with someone who will stretch him to no end (Danielson, Shelly). He can do crazy flips and he has enough charisma to play with the crowd while not doing his flips.

Fuck Shane McMahon.

He takes stupid bumps that take over shows, cause he only works 3 matches a year. I'd like to see him do the same stuff on an active roster wrestling 200 times a year.

Fuck Shane McMahon.

He takes stupid bumps that take over shows, cause he only works 3 matches a year. I'd like to see him do the same stuff on an active roster wrestling 200 times a year.

That would disqualify quite a few TNA wrestlers as well, since most of them only wrestle once or twice a week at the most.

Fuck Shane McMahon.

That would disqualify quite a few TNA wrestlers as well, since most of them only wrestle once or twice a week at the most.

But most of them wrestle for combinations of ROH, CZW, IWA-MS, 1PW etc. They're not wrestling 200 a year, but still eons more than Shane McMahon is. Probably more in the 100-150 mark.

Fuck Shane McMahon.

But most of them wrestle for combinations of ROH, CZW, IWA-MS, 1PW etc. They're not wrestling 200 a year, but still eons more than Shane McMahon is. Probably more in the 100-150 mark.

Don't forget that those guys go all out for most of the shows, while the WWE'rs admitedly take things down a notch and don't work competitive matches as frequently as the indy workers do.

I've seen Joe work 4 shows a week on occasions, alot of the indy wrestlers take massive amounts of bookings that probably reaches closer to 200 then 100.

I hate Sonjay with a passion after seeing the Jeff Peterson Memorial Cup where he was selling a shoulder injury, but continued his springboard flippy stuff and even beat Jimmy Rave with a Musclebuster with the bad shoulder!

I hate Sonjay Dutt.

I dunno if Corino's overrated. He's charismatic, has a few nice moves, though nothing special. He takes an ass-beating and cuts a mean bladejob. And that's exactly what people see him as. I don't think many people think he's absolutely stellar, or anything.

Actually, I agree. Punk is always hailed as one of the best wrestlers on earth, but he's just not that damned good. His physical execution is often sloppy; he's clumsier and not as crisp as similar top-tier indy guys like Danielson, Homicide, Styles, Joe, etc. And way too many of his spots (like the minute-long stalling suplex) just seem tailor-made to pop the smart marks and are so goofy that it makes it really hard for me to suspend my disbelief. Plus, he just doesn't look intimidating; it's hard for me not to laugh when I'm supposed to buy this ratty-looking fucker as someone who can take Samoa Joe to an hour draw. And finally it doesn't help that I've heard from a lot of people that he's a complete asshole as a person.

And finally it doesn't help that I've heard from a lot of people that he's a complete asshole as a person.

He's not an asshole in the slightest. He's an intense person and I can see how he rubs people the wrong way, but he's not an asshole.

Yeah, when it's ring time, he's going to be intense and that can be interpreted as being an asshole. Having met the guy in normal environments, he is probably one of the more laid back guys I've seen in the business.

I think he has better promos than anyone in the WWE right now, as well.

Plus his website is amazingly awesome:

This past 4th of July was spent at Lake of the Ozarks with myself, Ace Steel, and of course the legendary Harley Race. We spent all day on the Lake in his boat and a lot of the day was like that commercial for 'Girls Gone Wild'. Random strangers showing me their boobies (there ya go shelley!), and me just throwing water ballons at them. Late that night, back at Harleys house, we all ate some great BBQ and Harley had about a million billion martinis I think it was. He had these little pickled green beans he'd put in them....anyway....he drank a LOT. Which is no surprise, he's Harley Fucking Race. And yes, I just capitilized the 'F' in fucking. Ace is pretty tanked too, to set the scene...i'm just stuffed with BBQ, when this hilarious conversation ensues. Harley gets to telling stories, which on another side note is some of the best times i've ever had in my life. Just having the privilege to sit and listen to Harely talk about his career on numerous occasions has been really rewarding. He was talking about his run in the WWF, the reason he was brought in, and more importantly who he was working at the time. The conversation went exactly like this:

Harley: "...and he had me working Hogan, JYD, and one of my last programs was with....shit. What's his name? The guy. You know. Big guy....c'mon, you know!

That faggot Indian."

Now...I bust out laughing and Ace and I just look at each other while Harely is scrunching up his face trying to remember who he is talking about. I start throwing out names, but none of them really make any sense. I mean....Wahoo never worked in the WWF, and certainly if he did, Harely wouldn't call him "that faggot Indian". Tatanka, who Ace proudly proclaimed was who Harely must've been talking about. Certainly you all know Tatanka, while having wrestled in the WWF, it was years after Harely had already retired. So i'm sitting there, and Harely is literally scratching his head and Ace is clueless...and I really don't have any clue either. So I think..."faggot indian"...and I blurt out:

Punk: "The Ultimate Warrior?"

Harley: "YES! That fucking GOOF!"

I laughed for a week.

Plus DOOP is his avatar. He must be cool.

I'm going to no sell your mother giving birth to you.
:D

He's nailing Maria.

Sigh,

::makes another check mark on the Girls In Wrestling I'd Like To Fuck But Punk Fucked 'Em First list.::