TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hadley

The Super pre-SNME Thread

Here are the last three times I was *really* shocked...

1. Edge wins the WWE Title

2. ECW forms in WWE (only to be MAJORLY disappointed later)

3. Mankind wins his first WWE Title (having not seen the spoiler on Nitro)

3 times in over 7 years. Yikes.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Flair in 01 and Bischoff in 02 surprised me.

Was anyone even remotely impressed with SNME? I sure as hell wasn't. It looked like a glorified RAW prior to the brand split. I watched the show with a non-wrestling fan. He continued to ask me, "How can you watch this shit? It isn't even entertaining like it used to be." I didn't have an answer.

Was anyone surprised by the Mickie James heel turn? Does anyone care?

Flair in 01 and Bischoff in 02 surprised me.

Okay, so Bisch was a surprise. Flair really wasn't.

Still, I like surprises, they keep my interest. I don't want hacky swerves or anything, but just something to make me say "damn, I'm glad I watched tonight"

Did they even acknowledge the boos for Cena tonight? You'd think someone who was unfamiliar would be kinda wonderin why a guy they are trying to say is a good guy is getting boo'd by the audience.

I think Cena "blew the roof off the place" or some such nonsense

Cena got the big pop for his entrance but once he got in the ring against Orton fans started booing him because nobody wanted to see the ambigious gay duo wrestle :asshole2: Using WWE logic the audience had a mixed reaction it was basically the girls cheering for Cena for his looks, entrance, etc., then that died down...minutes later the girls would cheer for the his sports entertainment spots but once he tried to wrestle or when his opponet was even more metrosexual the fans booed him, again.

What time did this shit even come on last night, I flipped on NBC at 11 and it was not on, was it possibly blacked out in Detroit since that's where the show was. Either way, I think everyone's assessments about how stale the WWE are on point. I have friends who watched during the Attitude era, that will turn on Raw or Smackdown, and see the same guys they saw 7 years ago. So many times you hear, "man, that's HHH, he used to be in DX". There is something boring about watching the same people do the same shit for years on end

Rudo made the best point of all while we were watching this steaming pile of shit last night:

Why didn't Vince just roll Shane over onto Shawn after the table spot?

Thinking of ways around the answer to this will make your brain hurt.

Oh, and the set was nice. That was the only good thing I saw.

Seconded

Things will never get better until they stop grabbing the roster by the nutsack. Everything is too controlled, and you'll never have a breakout star like Austin or Rock if you have some former "Ellen" writer scripting their promos for them.

This made me think of something, when I was 16 I went to this media summercamp thing at UCLA and one of the speakers was a writer for "Ellen", actually one of the writers of the most famous episode and he stated why that show ultimately failed was because they kept running into the ground one plot point week in and week out. This sounds not-so-eerily familiar.

Rudo made the best point of all while we were watching this steaming pile of shit last night:

Not really.

Answer: It wasn't falls count anywhere.

But Vince certainly had the power to make it so. He exercised such power during Austin/Foley in 1998. That would accomplish the same thing as ringing the bell in a sharpshooter spot, that Shawn got screwed by Vince.

Maybe he wanted to the match to go on longer and only screw Michaels when he was about to win to make it that much more traumatic for Shawn....

Ok, that's a stretch, but the point is the no FCA stipulation isn't THAT big of a logic gap.

Because doing that would result in a cheap finish. Vince's first responsibility is to the audience, and rolling Shane over for the easy pin would disappoint them--and we know Vince NEVER wants to do that.

Because doing that would result in a cheap finish. Vince's first responsibility is to the audience, and rolling Shane over for the easy pin would disappoint them--and we know Vince NEVER wants to do that.

So in order to not disappoint them he decides to PISS them off. Gotcha.

Guys... It's because the match wasn't promoted as FCA.

Of all the things you can bash SNME about, this should be pretty damn far down the list.

I still don't see how this show was "great".

A clusterfuck opening match that showed nothing, JR coming back for no reason, a bait and switch, a JBL-Austin segment that's been done to death, and an awful main event.

I like the Mickie turn, Book was funny and Foley killing Edge was cool, but the show was so lame.

A streetfight is falls count anywhere. It's a fucking streetfight.

Vince fired the audience a few months back.

I thought Angle vs. Shane at KOTR was a streetfight, yet Angle had to push Shane back to the ring for the finish.

Why was the match that was promoted as Raw main event vs Smackdown main event the opening segment?

They way the show was structured, it was the only thing that could go first. They had to open with a match, so that cuts out all the filler. They needed some star power up front, so they couldn't open with the women's match, and they had to save Shawn/Shane for the end due to the finish.

It was painful watching JBL on the mic last night, especially since he and Austin were trying WAY too hard to make their segment a "classic" while ultimately failing while JBL oversells getting beer thrown at him.

I did, however, like the spot where Hunter pedigreed Cena, dragged Orton on top of him, then beat down Rey after he broke up the pin. That guy can dominate.

Why was the match that was promoted as Raw main event vs Smackdown main event the opening segment?

They way the show was structured, it was the only thing that could go first. They had to open with a match, so that cuts out all the filler. They needed some star power up front, so they couldn't open with the women's match, and they had to save Shawn/Shane for the end due to the finish.

They could of opened the show with The Cutting Edge or the beer contest.