TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jericholic82

The Sopranos-Season 6

Guest Askewniverse

Falco just scored herself another Emmy nomination with this episode.

What is wrong with AJ? I called it a week ago, he will off himself by the end of the season...

I don't think he'll kill himself, but I'm starting to think he'll end up dead one way or another. AJ's vow is going to get him into some deep shit.

Overall, this was a pretty good show even with the confusing and somewhat unclear side-story of the alternate Tony Soprano/Kevin Finnerty world (I'm guessing the point was to say, no matter what road Tony took in life, he was heading to trouble anyways).

I'm going to enjoy the Vito/Paulie stuff, AJ growing up and going nuts is appealing. Falco, was probably at her best tonight

Guest NYankees

I turned the channel each time Tony was having a dream sequence. It reminded me of that bs episode from the 5th season that was close to the end of that season.

Guest StylesMark

The episode you refer to is "The Test Dream", which was one of the series best, IMO. You have to watch it a few times, and you'll see symbolism and uncover some psychology and themes.

Tonights episode was good, not great. The Carmela stuff, owned. AJ looks to be ready for the family business. I'm inclined to think that this Chrissy/Arab stuff is going somewhere. Vito is dead. Paulie looks like he's ready for some good stuff this season.

I'm pleased.

Meh, filler episode.

Thats how it came across to me. I felt like there was too much down time in this episode, overly dramatic but I understand the situation warrants it.

The whole Finnerty thing is just Tony dreaming in and out of conciousness with alot of symbolism to the current time. The whole scene in the hospital during the dream I think is just symbolism on being confused/lost and when his head clears and he finds Finnerty, I would imagine that will be when he gets out of the coma.

Either that or is there a slim chance that is a flashback of sorts to the first time he cheated or had thoughts of and/or some significant events in his life that turned him into the Tony we all know? I cant remember what Tony did before he got "in" with the family. Maybe what he was going to this conference for, was it.

Meh, filler episode.

Thats how it came across to me. I felt like there was too much down time in this episode, overly dramatic but I understand the situation warrants it.

The whole Finnerty thing is just Tony dreaming in and out of conciousness with alot of symbolism to the current time. The whole scene in the hospital during the dream I think is just symbolism on being confused/lost and when his head clears and he finds Finnerty, I would imagine that will be when he gets out of the coma.

Either that or is there a slim chance that is a flashback of sorts to the first time he cheated or had thoughts of and/or some significant events in his life that turned him into the Tony we all know? I cant remember what Tony did before he got "in" with the family. Maybe what he was going to this conference for, was it.

He was going to some military convention, which makes sense because he went to military school.

This isn't a flashback to his actual life. When he talks to his wife on the phone (not sure if it's actually Carmella), his daughter says she "made volleyball".

Now it's established that he was supposed to be jacking a truck with Tony B when Meadow was about 2 or 3, so he's obviously been in the family a while. I'm pretty sure that this is either a "how his life could have turned out" thing, or else he's supposed to be in some kind of limbo state between life and death.

Guest El Satanico

I like that the writers have the balls to go outside the lines, and make episodes that many people will get confused by and upset about.

I've always wondered if the show would ever do a story with AJ potentially following Tony's career path. This will be as close as we ever get, so we'll see.

There are alot of idiots who didn't like last night's espisode because they can't stand symbolism and just want pure story, jokes and whackings.

I thought it was a great show, upon second viewing it made even more sense and thus, was much more effective.

The Episode was good, but after watching the scenes of episodes to come, I don't think it will be remembered much in a few weeks.

Good episode, not really filler, more like a set-up ep for the future.

1) AJ vs Junior

2) Christopher and the FBI/Brown guys

3) Vito the kiss-ass

Speaking of Junior, he steals every single episode he's in even if it's for 3 minutes of screen time.

There are alot of idiots who didn't like last night's espisode because they can't stand symbolism and just want pure story, jokes and whackings.

I thought it was a great show, upon second viewing it made even more sense and thus, was much more effective.

Agreed, but I also think they are showing us a "what if tony dies" scenario for a reason. Tony is the heart and soul of both is family and his mob family. With him incapacitatted both families dont know what to do. Theyll have to learn how to deal on their own.

I enjoyed the fovcus on the other guys like paulie and vito and syl. I have often said that I would love a spinoff featuring tonys underlings. Hell they can just sit and talk over cards every week and I'd watch.

"I'm gonna put a bullet in his mummy head."

For some reason I found that line amusing. And I can see A.J. shooting June, but I can see something fucked up happening, like him getting shot by Junior or something like that.

Why, do I get the feeling that AJ tries to talk Vito or some minor character like Benny into getting him a gun "for protection" and he gets wasted one night and kills someone else instead of Junior and not someone involved with the family?

Yeah, but even if A.J. is a boss's son, whacking a made guy is a no no. Unless of course he gets permission. I think only the boss can give the go ahead to whack another made guy, so I guess right now that would be Silvio.

Guest Askewniverse

Exactly. If you're going to shoot a made guy, you better have permission. If AJ shoots Junior and someone finds out, he's screwed, unless they help cover it up.

i thought the latest episode was pretty decent, but i let out an audible groan as soon as his coma sequence starts. I'm sure they're all very complex and layered and all that and i'm just too stupid for them, but i've pretty much gotten sick and tired of that gimmick in ANY show. If someone's in the hospital i dont wanna see their fuckin dreams, even if it was kind of interesting to see "Anthony" struggle with all these little tings that Tony would do like that (using someone's card, banging some chick, etc). Funny thing is, I feel like I've seen this gimmick at least 3 times in the sopranos, yet i cant name a single episode. It just FEELS tired.

the fact that seasons are so short and it takes such a long time for them to show up just makes people even more critical than they would be if it was a 20 episode season that came out on schedule regularly.