TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JimmyHendricks

What was the biggest crowd pop EVER?

Agreed on all mentions.

I have to add Kane tombstonign Pete Rose at wm 14, rose got a decent repsect ovation coming out and then proceeded to rip into Boston, turning him into the biggest heel, then Kane comes out and attacks him to a thunderous pop. Same night Sable's first match(the mixed tag with marc mero vs goldust and luna), everything she did got wild pops and especially the ending.

Kurt Angle's entrance into the 2004 Rumble Match.

Rocks entrance into the 2000 Rumble for that matter.

Angles entrance at Invasion got a surprisingly large pop.

and his the summerslam match with austin had massive heat and the pop for his title win in front of his hometown crowd in Pittsburgh (remember it was just under weeks after 9/11 and Angle as the so called americna hero was getting more cheers than ever)

Eddy wins the wwe title

WM 10 for Brets title win and a close second, Mr Perfect entrance as guest ref got a large pop

One I haven't seen mentioned yet and deserves and honorable mention is Kane's return in August 2002 on Raw in MSG, the night after Summerslam. I was there live.

For a few weeks the WWE had been setting off the pyro during a match every week and it would be a promo that Kane is coming.....but he wouldn't be there.

On this night, The Un-Americans were beating up on 2 faces ( maybe RVD and Dreamer) and they were about to set the US Flag on fire as Test had a blowtorch. All of a sudden the pyro goes off and the crowd goes crazy, but it was just another little promo with "The Fire Still burns on the Titantron". Then, about 1 minute later the pyro goes off again and the crowd didn't react as loudly........but then Kane's entrance music played and when he started making his way down the ramp the crowd (including myself) went ABSOLUTELY INSANE. The loudest pop i've ever heard in a live event i was at. It was unreal

One I haven't seen mentioned yet and deserves and honorable mention is Kane's return in August 2002 on Raw in MSG, the night after Summerslam. I was there live.

For a few weeks the WWE had been setting off the pyro during a match every week and it would be a promo that Kane is coming.....but he wouldn't be there.

On this night, The Un-Americans were beating up on 2 faces ( maybe RVD and Dreamer) and they were about to set the US Flag on fire as Test had a blowtorch. All of a sudden the pyro goes off and the crowd goes crazy, but it was just another little promo with "The Fire Still burns on the Titantron". Then, about 1 minute later the pyro goes off again and the crowd didn't react as loudly........but then Kane's entrance music played and when he started making his way down the ramp the crowd (including myself) went ABSOLUTELY INSANE. The loudest pop i've ever heard in a live event i was at. It was unreal

FYI, I believe it was Booker T and Goldust getting the beatdown. Anyways, yes that was an awesome moment. I remember when they teased Kane's return to start with. It had been about 3 straight weeks of "The Fire Still Burns" videos, and to be honest, I was getting a little tired of the buildup and I wanted Kane to hurry up and come back. So, when he actually did come out after the initial teaser, it was quite badass. Also, wasn't this the first time he wore the outfit with the half-mask with the buckles and straps all over it? Say what you will about Test, but he sold the chokeslam like death. He got at least 9 or 10 feet in the air.

Heel heat.. The Rock in Toronto when he dropped the line "the best thing to hit Canada because the Maple Leafs suck!" God I love that promo.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but go back and watch Foleys first WWE title win over Rock in Jan 99 on Raw - when Austin comes out to do his run-in (and IIRC he was on the shelf for about a month before that) the crowd just went APESHIT. The glass broke and I swear everyone in that arena stood up, no - jumped up in unison.

Guest The Mandingo Warrior

A couple of comments:

I have been to many wwe events, including 2 wrestlemania's and the biggest reaction I have seen in person was Hogan hulking up on the rock.

here are a few insane pops that have not been mentioned:

-Ultimate Warrior's ring enterance at SS 89 at the meadowlands. Even Jessie commented on the "screaming" of the crowd.

-likewise, Warriors' victory after Piper mooned rude to help warrior win the match.

-Hogan winning the Megapowers explode match against Savage: even trump plaza, which normally has fans sleeping in the first few rows, went apeshit.

Honorable mentions:

Brock Lesnar's entrance at SSeries 2002 should be up there, I mean when his music hit his ovation was almost deafening and it even send chills up my spine, and he got a great pop for F5ing the Big Show not too soon after.

Roddy Piper beating The Mountie at Royal Rumble 1992 for the Intercontinental Title got a huge pop...

Rey winning the Rumble this year was a huge pop too.

FYI, I believe it was Booker T and Goldust getting the beatdown. Anyways, yes that was an awesome moment. I remember when they teased Kane's return to start with. It had been about 3 straight weeks of "The Fire Still Burns" videos, and to be honest, I was getting a little tired of the buildup and I wanted Kane to hurry up and come back. So, when he actually did come out after the initial teaser, it was quite badass. Also, wasn't this the first time he wore the outfit with the half-mask with the buckles and straps all over it? Say what you will about Test, but he sold the chokeslam like death. He got at least 9 or 10 feet in the air.

You're correct about Booker T and Goldust....my bad......RVD and Dreamer d\fought in a hardcore title match that night.

Anyway, yeah it was the debut of Kane's new attire and mask. I remember a lot of people were saying it wasn't the same guy at the end of the night when we were leaving the arena.

Guest Fook

For some reason, Kane always gets these insane return pops.

Aside from the previously mentioned UnAmericans flag burning segment, there was the ten man tag in early 2000 where Kane showed up at the end with Paul Bearer and the crowd went absolutely bonkers.

Now THAT is a sleeper pick for this thread. Everyone loves the ten-man, but they forget how the night climaxed in Kane returning to destroy DX for re-burning, er, actually burning his face for the first time (I think).

I completely forgot about the 10-man on RAW. At the end of the show, Paul Bearer came out with the urn, and all I could think was OH MY GOD THE UNDERTAKER IS BACK! It took me a while to notice that all the lighting in the arena was red, but when Kane came out, I was just as happy to see the guy return. Ah, the good ole days.

I completely forgot about the 10-man on RAW. At the end of the show, Paul Bearer came out with the urn, and all I could think was OH MY GOD THE UNDERTAKER IS BACK! It took me a while to notice that all the lighting in the arena was red, but when Kane came out, I was just as happy to see the guy return. Ah, the good ole days.

I dont think he brought the urn, did he?

Now THAT is a sleeper pick for this thread. Everyone loves the ten-man, but they forget how the night climaxed in Kane returning to destroy DX for re-burning, er, actually burning his face for the first time (I think).

No actually Kane had "gone back to the mental hospital" after his girlfriend Tori (not Wilson the muscular chick who fought Sable at WM 15) left him for X-pac.

When Virgil nailed Dibiase with the belt at the rumble 91 , it wa spretty loud, they were begging him to not take anymore crap from him and so when he finally fought back they went nuts.

I always wanted to go to a ECW show at the ECW Arena, the people there seem to be so insane it's gotta be one hell of an experience.

I always go to the shows in Montreal. It's always a good crowd and the reactions, depending on the quality of the show, are huge. Some highlights from my live experiences :

- The two monster ovations we gave to Hogan.

- The "You screwed bret" chants at Vince in the first TV show we had since SS97.

- The birth of the "TWO!" chants.

- The return of Austin at NWO 2003, the building was shaking.

- The nuclear heat we gave Shawn Michaels last summer....and the "Your pussy stinks" chant too :P

Guest lo0p

ultimate warriors entrance and match against honkey tonk man SS 88

Canadian stampede .. the loudest moment was actaully very early in the match when bret started pounding austin in the corner

hogan hulking up at WM 18

rock bottom In your house .. when the crowd screams suck it

austins entrance in rock/foley match

rock kicking out of the stunner at wm17

shawn michaels entrance rr 97

jake roberts entrance rr 96

harts entrance survivor series 96

How about the near-fall at the end of the Billy Kidman and Rey Mysterio vs. World's Greatest Tag Team match at Vengeance '03. They had the crowd wrapped around their collective fingers and they nearly exploded when they thought Kidman and Mysterio had won the titles.

I was actually just thinking about this thread yesterday while watching WM 17 again.'

I don't remember the crowd being that loud when Linda woke up. But they popped.

Has anyone said Mikey's ECW title win?