TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thoth

South Park Season 10 starts tomorrow

Uh-oh. It looks like the next episode is going to take a shot at Family Guy. I wonder how ugly this will get.

Original air Date: 2006-04-05

Cartman and Kyle are at war over the popular cartoon, "Family Guy."

Uh-oh. It looks like the next episode is going to take a shot at Family Guy. I wonder how ugly this will get.

Original air Date: 2006-04-05

Cartman and Kyle are at war over the popular cartoon, "Family Guy."

Hopefully very. I can't stand FG. From what I've heard, Matt and Trey don't like it either. I can't wait.

Who is for and who is against? I'm guessing that since Matt and Trey don't like it...Cartman will be the one who is all about it and Kyle will be trying to show him how lame it is.

Oh boy, this one's going to get ugly.

I love "South Park". I think it's much better than "Family Guy". That out of the way, this episode is going to piss some people off. It should be interesting who's side most people are going to take (I'm taking the side of SP. I quit watching FG a while back.)

Oh boy, this one's going to get ugly.

I love "South Park". I think it's much better than "Family Guy". That out of the way, this episode is going to piss some people off. It should be interesting who's side most people are going to take (I'm taking the side of SP. I quit watching FG a while back.)

tough one cuz I love both shows for diff reasons. FG is rotfl with its weird references and sight gags, SP is more of a social parody, while still being really funny.

Guest Smues

The full description:

Cartman and Kyle are at war over the popular cartoon, "Family Guy." Kyle loves "Family Guy" and hates Cartman. The two boys embark upon a mad chase across the country and the fate of "Family Guy" lies with the first boy to reach Hollywood.

Kyle loves it? Didn't see that coming.

It was either one or the either, 1. Cartman likes something and Kyle is against it or 2. Kyle likes something so Cartman is against it just for the fact that Kyle likes it. The first tends to get used the most, so they have to toss in 2 every once in awhile

I have always wondered about their family guy comment. The question was what do you hate to hear and one of them said I hate to hear you guys are the best show on TV. You guys and family guy. Thats like getting kicked in the balls.

I am still not really sure if that was a shot at family guy or was getting called the best show on TV was a kick in balls

When I saw the little preview for last week I figured it was going to be a metaphore for the Prophet Mohammed cartoon stuff.

This is already better than I thought it'd be. The FG parody was pretty funny, even though I'm a huge FG mark.

I'm LOVING the fact that they're punking out every politically correct twat who pisses and moans that we're too insensitive towards Muslims too.

I like that they're taking jabs at their own network censoring them (pulling the Scientology episode) as well.

Cartman did a perfect job of describing why Matt and Trey don't like South Park.

Plus, South Park is still better.

Awesome episode, and better than last weeks. The the tirade was great, and the show pretty summed up my feelings about "Family Guy": It's Not Funny, and is poorly written. Also, the rips on the network censoring South Park was great, as was Matt and Trey making fun of their own creation. I laughed more during this episode then I have at five episodes of "Family Guy".

I have to say, that this episode at least seemed tamer than what I was expecting. I watch Family Guy, and other that the remark how it isn't funny I agreed with pretty much everything said. The jokes are for the most part interchangable, its not based on character like South Park, nor is the humor like Matt and Trey's at all.

And honestly, Matt and Trey (potshots aside) were really using the show to represent South Park and their problems with censorship, and how its worth fighting for.

I think the South Park fandom has been way more harsh to the show than this episode was. Of course next week could be a different story.

Overall, much better than what I was expecting, largely because the whole episode wasn't a dick waving contest to show how much better they are than Family Guy.