TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

I heard someone say 'lol' the other day

Yes, I heard someone say lol, or, as Czech pointed out, it was more like 'lawl'.

What the fuck is the world coming to?

Back in '00 one of my coworkers used it in a note to our supervisor.

Hell, not only did he use it, but he actually spelled out what it meant after the fact.

Yes, I heard someone say lol, or, as Czech pointed out, it was more like 'lawl'.

What the fuck is the world coming to?

Two things: Was this out loud, was it a joke about internet users and was it a teenager female?

If it was none of them, I weep with you.

I say it when I'm making fun of AOL speakers but I'd never say it in a serious laugh sense.

See, I don't have a massive problem with that. What I do have a problem with, however, is someone telling someone else a joke, and that other person laughing, saying 'lawl', and going on as if there's nothing wrong.

It was an 18-year old nerd.

A boy nerd or a girl nerd? Teenage girls do it now, I don't know WHY they do but they do.

Any guy doing it not in a joking sense should be immediately have his books dumped and be given a toilet swirly.

It was a guy. I think thats what relly depressed me. As soon as he said it I actually turned to him and said 'that was the gayest fucking thing I've ever heard'. I probably should have gone the whole way and told him to kill himself, but I didn't want to upset anyone.

It was a guy. I think thats what relly depressed me. As soon as he said it I actually turned to him and said 'that was the gayest fucking thing I've ever heard'. I probably should have gone the whole way and told him to kill himself, but I didn't want to upset anyone.

You would have been justified and most would have agreed with you.

This is true. But is this what humanity is coming to? Are schoolkids going to be pronouncing the words like their slut and deadbeat parents do on MSN every night? Are we going to be hearing the next generation say 'bee-four' and 'Rolfmyayoh'?

Can't say I've ever heard that, I'm guessing its from a commercial or something?

I've said "roh-ful" on occasion, but in the sarcastically ironic way, not in the "trying to sound cool but failing" way

speaking of stupid terms, is anyone else tired of the phrase "it's beer :30"?

I can't fucking stand it!

There's this great video my friend had. They're talking about hackers on CNN. So old white guy to 18-yo female nerd: "so are you a hacker"

Girl: "yes, I mean I'm not a leet haxor or anything." Man nods.

I laughed.

Guest StylesMark

Any of you that are incorporating "internet speak" into your everyday lives, have unused cocks.

pwned (pronounced puh-nowned) became common among myself and some friends while playing poker or vieo games. Never, ever would we use it in public, though.

I've gotten great amusement out of things like the ROFL coptor and ROFL brothel, though.