TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Bret Hart confirms he will not be at WrestleMania

Actually, it's silly Canadian marks and other Bret fans that can't "let Montreal die", not educated realists who know what they're talking about like me.

Bret threatened multiple times to fly to WCW. Bret's a rude, egotistical, liar - even his DVD showed this as he did to me first-hand when he signed the thing.

Quote:

"And as for your retarded comment about Bret disrespecting Eddie by leaving the show, Vince and company have pissed on Eddie's memory much worse than Bret walking off a stage would do to it."

I'm glad my comment was so "retarded" that you failed to deny Bret would do it, and shifted the argument onto Vince for some reason. And yeah, Vince sure has pissed on Eddie's legacy by making his death a storyline behind a WM World Title bout, featuring him as one of the top 2 hyped HoF ceremony inductees, creating a huge emotional speech for him on Sat. Night at the HoF for his friends/family to do, paying tribute to him with two unique broadcasts, and donating T-shirt sales to his family among other donations.

Oh wow. Orton's FICTIONAL CHARACTER said some bad things to another FICTIONAL CHARACTER who overcomes the odds and fights much bigger people. He's a fucking heel. It's pro wrestling. Get over it, conservative.

"Is it ironic that Michaels would refuse to job to two of the three biggest draws in wrestling history?"

Hmmm, he's put over washed-up Hogan. He's put over washed-up Flair. And he's put over Austin.

He never worked Bruno. He never worked Rock. But never refused to put them over.

He even put over The Road Warriors and passed that torch in tag wrestling.

Actually, it's silly Canadian marks and other Bret fans that can't "let Montreal die", not educated realists who know what they're talking about like me.

Bret threatened multiple times to fly to WCW. Bret's a rude, egotistical, liar - even his DVD showed this as he did to me first-hand when he signed the thing.

Quote:

"And as for your retarded comment about Bret disrespecting Eddie by leaving the show, Vince and company have pissed on Eddie's memory much worse than Bret walking off a stage would do to it."

I'm glad my comment was so "retarded" that you failed to deny Bret would do it, and shifted the argument onto Vince for some reason. And yeah, Vince sure has pissed on Eddie's legacy by making his death a storyline behind a WM World Title bout, featuring him as one of the top 2 hyped HoF ceremony inductees, creating a huge emotional speech for him on Sat. Night at the HoF for his friends/family to do, paying tribute to him with two unique broadcasts, and donating T-shirt sales to his family among other donations.

Oh wow. Orton's FICTIONAL CHARACTER said some bad things to another FICTIONAL CHARACTER who overcomes the odds and fights much bigger people. He's a fucking heel. It's pro wrestling. Get over it, conservative.

You really are a moron, aren't you?

Bret Hart left the WWF at the behest of Vince McMahon. He told Bret he couldn't afford to honour his contract, that the company was in "financial peril", and that Bret should cut a deal with WCW.

I don't recall ever reading or hearing about Bret threatening to "fly to WCW". Frankly, I think you've made it up to fit with your twisted version of the facts.

The facts are that Bret was told by others that he should jump to WCW back in 1996 but he didn't out of loyalty to Vince. Therefore, I doubt you tales of Bret's "threats" are true at all.

If you would like to learn about more about Montreal here's a link for you, seeing as you don't seem to know the facts: http://www.brethart.com/facts.asp

Your Bret Hart hate seems to based on the fact that you thought he was a dick at a DVD signing.Perhaps, you should learn to get over things before you start blasting others.

As for Eddie Guerrero, WWE has pissed away whatever good faith they had built up with the tribute shows by booking such a tasteless angle.

Bret's handling this HOF situation very well. Like another poster said, there's no reason for Bret to be at Mania. He should just do his speech at the HOF as a goodbye to the fans instead of being used by the WWE to spike the WM22 buyrate.

As for what Bret said in regards to Shawn, I think he has every right to feel that way. Shawn may be a good wrestler, but we all know the guy's an asshole who has no respect for Bret.

The bottom line here is that Shawn Micheals can burn in hell. A WWE Main Eventer should not be allowed to attend the Hall of Fame if he has beef with Bret Hart.

Look Shawn, just stay away. Bret doesn't want you there. You lied to Bret Shawn, Bret NEVER did anything bad to you, but you kicked Bret and he never kicked back. We here on this board actually have personally watched your life through a Truman Show like microscope for the last 10 years, so we KNOW that Bret never did anything to you and that your the consumate asshole. I have no respect for a guy who without any reason at all, without any justification, has beef with a guy like Bret Hart. I think all of us here who have met Bret KNOW that the man hasn't done wrong, and since we have followed Shawns life seeing everything he does we know he gave Bret an eternal superkick right to the heart and Bret Hart kickers be damned!

No but seriously, I'm guessing Shawn shows up and than walks out right before Bret's turn comes up.

The HOF usually show up to Wrestlemania. The WWE presents them to the crowd. I remember last year because I got to see Hogan twice. It would be awkward for all the HOF's to come out sans Bret.

Not to get into the middle of the whole Montreal thing but... eh nevermind. This thread ain't ever going to end.

Look Shawn, just stay away. Bret doesn't want you there. You lied to Bret Shawn, Bret NEVER did anything bad to you, but you kicked Bret and he never kicked back. We here on this board actually have personally watched your life through a Truman Show like microscope for the last 10 years, so we KNOW that Bret never did anything to you and that your the consumate asshole. I have no respect for a guy who without any reason at all, without any justification, has beef with a guy like Bret Hart. I think all of us here who have met Bret KNOW that the man hasn't done wrong, and since we have followed Shawns life seeing everything he does we know he gave Bret an eternal superkick right to the heart and Bret Hart kickers be damned!

1) Shawn isn't going to read this.

2) Get a life.

3) You remind me of that guy on the video, "It's still real to me!"

The bottom line here is that Shawn Micheals can burn in hell. A WWE Main Eventer should not be allowed to attend the Hall of Fame if he has beef with Bret Hart.

No but seriously, I'm guessing Shawn shows up and than walks out right before Bret's turn comes up.

Is there a notthatsmartmarks.com that this could be posted at?

"Is it ironic that Michaels would refuse to job to two of the three biggest draws in wrestling history?"

He even put over The Road Warriors and passed that torch in tag wrestling.

You do realise that the Road Warriors where a bigger draw than the Rockers could ever have hoped to be? So how could Micheals pass the torch in tag wrestling to a team that held the torch from the beginning?

Back to the subject at hand.

Bret Hart has held this bitterness and anger for a long time. When he should really be upset at Goldberg for scrambling his brains by being sloppy. Everyone was wrong in 97. Everyone. The fans, Vince, Bret, HBK, Hebner, we all have blood on our hands. It's one of those wrestling things that will never go away because it shocked us. It was the point where kayfabe and reality got blurred for a lot of people, and I think that leaves a mark.

Bret will show up, do his speach, and sit down. Nothing memorable will happen, and wrestling will go on forever. The debate will still fuel because people have nothing better to talk about than something that happened a decade ago.

Bret's handling this HOF situation very well. Like another poster said, there's no reason for Bret to be at Mania. He should just do his speech at the HOF as a goodbye to the fans instead of being used by the WWE to spike the WM22 buyrate.

As for what Bret said in regards to Shawn, I think he has every right to feel that way. Shawn may be a good wrestler, but we all know the guy's an asshole who has no respect for Bret.

No, we don't, you're an idiot if you believe that after I just posted quotes on the last page where Shawn said Bret deserved to be in the HOF and he woundn't attend if that's what it took for him to show up. At least respond to the posts before saying something this stupid.

Don't blame the fans. This was an internal matter in the WWF until they decided to make it public on their television show. If anything, blame the fans for not walking out on a completely unprofessional company. That was what the WCW fans did.

Seriously, if Bret, HHH, Vince, and Shawn all died tomorrow, I might consider being a wrestling fan again. Maybe.

If Bret demands that HBK doesn't come to the HOF ceremony, I'd almost wish that Vince would tell him fine and promise that HBK wont be in the building, only for HBK to walk out on the stage in the middle of Bret's speech. If Bret wants to be so petty, then it would serve him right. ;)

Bret is never forgiving HBK.

Vince is a lying, untrustworthy prick. Who would, in their right might, trust him?

Shawn is Shawn. Christian or no, he still acts the prima donna, and mocked Bret's stroke on live TV.

Plus Vince, Shawn, and Vince's stooges just a few years ago were seriously pushing the position that Bret is responsible for the death of WCW.

Bret's become a bit of a bitter dick about the situation, but it's not entirely unjustified. He seems to want to do this for his fans and legacy, and then wants to get the hell away from WWE/Vince/Shawn forever. The best thing for everyone is for it to go down without any problems, and then maybe we can avoid speaking of it again.

Bret is never forgiving HBK.

Vince is a lying, untrustworthy prick. Who would, in their right might, trust him?

Shawn is Shawn. Christian or no, he still acts the prima donna, and mocked Bret's stroke on live TV.

Plus Vince, Shawn, and Vince's stooges just a few years ago were seriously pushing the position that Bret is responsible for the death of WCW.

Bret's become a bit of a bitter dick about the situation, but it's not entirely unjustified. He seems to want to do this for his fans and legacy, and then wants to get the hell away from WWE/Vince/Shawn forever. The best thing for everyone is for it to go down without any problems, and then maybe we can avoid speaking of it again.

Amen to that.

HBK must have wiped his ass with his recent book because its full of shit. So no, that didn't help anything to the situation at all so yeah there you go on Shawn being nothing more than a snake.

They were two different games. Hogan was considerably more selfish than Shawn in this situation. The only difference was Shawn alluded to masked sarcastic comments the next night about the situation. Meanwhile, Hogan made no attempt to mask his comments on a radio show soon after the match, publicly calling Shawn unprofessional. So even in that instance, Hogan was more in the wrong.

Hogan stated a known fact, how is he wrong?

Of course, its funny to know how Shawn reacted to the whole situation since in his book he says something like, "I've never refused to do a job. If I was asked to do one, I would do it." Ask Matt Young for exact quotes.

Basically, Austin was in line for a push for a world title feud with Flair putting him over in mid-94 before Hogan was signed for BatB.

and mocked Bret's stroke on live TV.

When?

2002, on a Raw in Canada.

I don't remember him doing that, and he wasn't at the RAW in Montreal in 02.

How did he mock it?

and mocked Bret's stroke on live TV.

When?

2002, on a Raw in Canada.

I don't remember him doing that, and he wasn't at the RAW in Montreal in 02.

How did he mock it?

He was getting booed at heavily, and remarked that he does'nt really give a damn, but implied that Bret's health was all his fault because he couldn't handle what happened.

My memory wants to place it in 2002 and in Canada because of the booing, but I could be wrong. Plus he was a heel during the nWo tenure anyway.

Guest Brian

I think it was at Greensboro, because I remember the joke about how Shawn didn't have stroke anymore yadda yadda Bret Hart does.