TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

MLB: Week 1 (4/2-4/9)

I think most Philly fans are reasonable about the Thome trade. If Thome outproduces Howard you might see some whining, but that happens with any trade. There isn't any backlash visable from where I sit.

Oh man, that was a sweet HR by Alex Rios. 6-3 Jays heading to the 9th.

Time for our first good look at the $47-million man.

EDIT: Oh my God, he's got wicked stuff. He could be our best closer since Duane Ward if he pitches like that all season.

Guest NYankees

Has it been mentioned here that Sabathia is going to be out 3-5 weeks. I wonder how well the Indians play the first month without their top starter. They did get a good job out of Westbrook today.

The Marlins are just shellacking the Astros 11-0. That'd be amazing enough with that lineup, but Pettite was starting, too.

Guest NYankees
The Marlins are just shellacking the Astros 11-0. That'd be amazing enough with that lineup, but Pettite was starting, too.

I guess Pettitte is lonely without his life partner in Clemens being with him.

Wow pettitte gave up 13 hits and 10 runs in 4 inning pitched. Not a great start to the 2006 season.

I still don't understand why they left him in that long

Has it been mentioned here that Sabathia is going to be out 3-5 weeks. I wonder how well the Indians play the first month without their top starter. They did get a good job out of Westbrook today.

Curse of the "slightly to the side" wearing of the hat. :huh:

No-mah's already on the 15 day DL.

Now that he's started the season in his current form, it begs the question who's the most brittle player in the game these days, Nomar, Beckett, Prior or Wood?

The reason that the Twins let Ortiz go was that he was not doing anything special. He was barely batting .270 or so and had no signs of the power and clutch hitting that he has now.

To the day, I hate David Ortiz.

WTF Harden...87 for your Fastball!?! Tell me your arm just isn't warmed up for your first start. Ugh..

If your watching on the YES feed the radar is REALLY low, they had RJ clocked at 84 -87 all night and the ESPN feed had him at 94-95.

Guest NYankees

There's the Yankees of old. 2nd and 3rd no outs and the 3, 4 and 5 hitters all strike out. Harden did a great job by getting out of the jam. The only positive for the Yankees is that he threw like 30 pitches that inning if not more.

Guest NYankees
The reason that the Twins let Ortiz go was that he was not doing anything special. He was barely batting .270 or so and had no signs of the power and clutch hitting that he has now.

To the day, I hate David Ortiz.

I can imagine. He is the one thing that the Twins are really missing. Imagine a bonifide power hitter playing on that team the past couple of seasons.

Anyone watching the A's/Yankees. Is Crosby taking the night off as a precautionary measure, or is the finger sliced up THAT bad?

Guest NYankees

I heard that he had a pretty bad cut from yesterday. If you want I can find the link to the article. Cano's spikes went right though Crosby's glove like a hot knife cutting through butter.

There's the Yankees of old. 2nd and 3rd no outs and the 3, 4 and 5 hitters all strike out. Harden did a great job by getting out of the jam. The only positive for the Yankees is that he threw like 30 pitches that inning if not more.

Other then his slower than normal fastball, how does his stuff look tonight. I am still sitting here in class... :(

Guest NYankees

Other then his slower than normal fastball, how does his stuff look tonight. I am still sitting here in class... :(

I really cant tell. Sheff and Arod both got a couple of good swings against him and Arod just hit one straight back. Plus he threw over 30 pitches that inning to as the Yankees have some very patient hitters.

I heard that he had a pretty bad cut from yesterday. If you want I can find the link to the article. Cano's spikes went right though Crosby's glove like a hot knife cutting through butter.

Well the bright side is, it's on his non-throwing hand.

A's offense better do something tonight. I don't even care if they lose as long as it is something like a 6-5 game, but I can hardly stand to witness the offense be so horrible two nights in a row. Oh how different the past few A's seasons would have been if their bats woke up BEFORE the All-Star break.

Well, I spoke too soon. The Pirates are mounting a comeback, and Jeromy Burnitz just hit his 300th career home run, making it a slim Brewers lead, 6-5. Jose Capellan did not pitch well in that inning.

Well, the Padres/Giants game has been postponed, and it looks like the Dodgers/Braves game is headed that way as well.