TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

OAO WrestleMania 22 thread - 4/2/06

From PWInsider:

Sources close to the situation have confirmed that Hulk Hogan did indeed fly out of Chicago today, heading for California. It looks like Hogan was telling the truth on the Bubba The Love Sponge radio show last week (well, at least about not appearing at Wrestlemania). So, you can pretty much disregard any rumors about Hogan making an appearance on the Pay-per-view tonight.

So for those deluded people who still care about this event, does anyone do any 'pre-show' stuff? Like watch past WM's leading up to this? I remember leading up to WMXX, that i was pretty excited about it and I watched WM X to XIX from saturday to 45 minutes before WMXX straight.

I watched a little of WMXXI this morning but I wasn't interested in it. I'm going to order tonight's show, but I just dont care about it really. Some might call it a waste of $, but really $50 isn't much in the long run.

My heart will smile at Cena's reaction from the crowd.

I watched my wm 21 dvd yesterday.

Today I dont want to watch anything, cuz too much wrestling in one day will get to you.

I'm not too excited about any of the matches, buts it mania day (our superbowl sunday) so I feel a bit excited.

is that radio show any good? wwe.com has a free postgame show this year so Ill prob check that out I guess.

Im going to go back and watch the hof on wwe.com since i missed a bit of it due to freezing issues.

Yeah, I feel like it's one of those Super Bowl Sundays where neither one of the teams mean anything at all to me, but...it is still the Super Bowl. I'll get more and more excited as the show gets closer.

I guess we'll see five Stunners tonight, one for every member of the Spirit Squad.

So for those deluded people who still care about this event, does anyone do any 'pre-show' stuff? Like watch past WM's leading up to this? I remember leading up to WMXX, that i was pretty excited about it and I watched WM X to XIX from saturday to 45 minutes before WMXX straight.

I watched a little of WMXXI this morning but I wasn't interested in it. I'm going to order tonight's show, but I just dont care about it really. Some might call it a waste of $, but really $50 isn't much in the long run.

You've criticised the card and the booking for the past month, yet you're still purchasing the show, even though you just don't care about it, and you call people who do "deluded"?

That's stupid.

You've criticised the card and the booking for the past month, yet you're still purchasing the show, even though you just don't care about it, and you call people who do "deluded"?

That's stupid.

I clearly included myself in that "deluded" section. I've indicated my interest in this show to rest in the booking movements to watch the train wreck continue. I order all WM's, my lack of interest in the card isn't going to keep from watching. Not every Superbowl or final four is that interesting or special but I still watch. They are still notable spectacles for me regardless of the quality and interest.

The card is a mess, and that can't be argued and we're all deluded for wanting to see it. All for different reasoning.

All of the Bret Hart contingent is already on the plane back to Calgary. Hart was to fly to Toronto and I don't have it confirmed he was on the plane, but haven't heard any indication he's not.

Credit: WrestlingObserver

I order all WM's, my lack of interest in the card isn't going to keep from watching.

I don't know, I would think of lack of interest would be a reason not to watch.

Not every Superbowl or final four is that interesting or special but I still watch.

Yes, but the SB and Final 4 are free. Wrestlemania is $50.

The card is a mess

Then you shouldn't have bought the show. You thought WWE booked a "mess" of a card for WM22 and you're still giving them your money. It's stupid.

Barron's got a point. I prided myself on getting every WWF PPV from mid-1991 up until mid-2003, when things got so bad I just couldn't justify going along anymore. Last year's Mania was the first one I didn't watch live since 1992. I still haven't seen it.

A friend of mine's getting it tonight, but I'm not even sure I want to put off some things I should be doing instead to watch it. That says a lot about the card. Up until two years ago, I would've paid whatever to see it. Now I might pass on a free showing.

I ordered every WWE and WCW PPV starting in about '92 and that didn't end for me until about 2002 or so. Since then, I order them here and there depening on the card, or if I just happen to have the money to be able to call it a waste. I've continued to order every WM though, just for the hell of it. I've done the same for just about all of the other main PPVs also.

Then for the ones that I don't order, since I've had DSL I've just downloaded the show and watched it the next day.

I am not close to being the least bit excited for this show. I think mainly because this show won't have an impact on anything, really. The two main events will have rematches immediately afterwards, so its not over, so whomever wins it doesn't mean a lick. The other main event, Vince vs. Shawn, does it really matter who wins that either? It's not like Shawn beating Vince will do anything? Plus, word is Shawn is taking a lighter schedule afterwards, and it's not like Vince will continue wrestling (thank god). Taker beats another dude at Mania. Who gives a fuck about the womens division? Doesn't matter who wins between JBL and Benoit, they both lose cause they are stuck in the US title division. The money in the bank - I don't want to see Flair win, I don't want to see Benjamin win, I don't want to see RVD win, I don't want to see Matt Hardy win cause all of those matches and feuds with the respective champ would blow. The only two I give a lick about are Lashley and Finlay and there is no way in hell either of them are winning because they are still feuding.

And I used to be a nut for Wrestlemania. Even when I didn't like the product I still got hyped the day of Mania. It's almost an hour away from the show and I am more excited to see Sanchez/Diaz again than to see anything on this show.

RRR, what do you think of JBL?

From PWInsider:

http://www.mikemooneyham.com/pages/viewful...459A9FB9DE127A3

Mike Mooneyham's latest article is online, featuring a talk with John Cena about Wrestlemania, The Marine, where he sees his career in 10 years, and more. Lots of interesting bits of information, including Cena claiming he designs all his own merchandise, and stating that it was his decision to stop rapping on WWE TV.

Do any of you buy that?

Show starts in 50 minutes.

Here's how they can make the $50 worthwhile...at least two passable decent matches and one straight-out good match. The crowd booing Cena out of Chicago, something makes me go "I wasn't expecting that" (in a good way).

I think JBL needs to grow out his character because he's been in the same place for 2 years and I hate the "WRESTLING GOD!!!" line. I think a Face JBL vs. Heel Randy Orton would be something to see. I dunno how well it would draw, but in theory, in my mind, it works pretty darn well.

I buy that he designs his shitty merch...

So long as you don't actually buy his shitty merchandise, right?

I can't wait for JBL to turn face, if only just to see if the fans actually take to him. I will have a huge smile on my face if I ever hear the fans chanting his name, JBL, JBL, JBL.

From PWInsider:

Mike Johnson is live at Wrestlemania, and will be checking in during the evening with live reports from Chicago:

- The entranceway for the wrestlers is made to resemble the Chicago skyline, with a giant Titantron above it.

- There are huge portraits of wrestlers hung throughout the arena. In addition to the current stars, there are portraits of Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, The Rock, and Hardcore Holly. Yes, Hardcore Holly.

- There are already chants of "Cena Sucks" from the fans in the arena.

- The Wrestlemania 22 program has a review of classic title matches that have taken place in Chicago.

I ordered the webcast...anybody have ideas as to why it tells me "WMP cannot play this file?"...it's playing the other "free" matches that they gave me?

I don't think it's possible to share the webcasts anymore.

From PWInsider:

- Smackdown's Tony Chimmel came out to the ring, then introduced Raw's Lilian Garcia. Tazz & Michel Cole then entered, with Tazz receiving an "ECW" chant from the crowd. Jim Ross then entered to a huge pop and ovation from the crowd. Jerry Lawler came out, but no Jonathan Coachman next.

- They are holding an Inter-brand Battle Royal for the fans in the building (and probably the DVD again). Participants included: Eugene, Viscera, Goldust, Gene Snitsky, Sylvan, Tyson Tomko, Lance Cade, Trevor Murdoch, Matt Striker, Super Crazy, Psicosis, Sho Funaki, Steven Richards, Johnny Nitro, Joey Mercury, Road Warrior Animal, William Regal, Simon Dean. The wrestlers had T-shirts on representing their brand, similar to last year. Simon Dean grabbed the mic and tried to speak, but was immediately thrown out.

So there is your answer as to what MNM would be doing on the show.