TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Patty O'Green

OAOAST Living Angleously booking thread

It ain't no secret anymore, all that's left is the official word:

Hoff vs. Dan Black in a Submission Match

No Holds Barred

Thunderkid vs Reject

I've chosen a city...I'll have an extended tour schedule typed up eventually.

Since I live an hour north, I might as well write a match:

Random Unhyped X-Division Four-Way:

Dance Dance Dragon vs. El Hipérbole de Internet (formerly Sean Bryant) vs. "Het Ironische Wonder" Alex Bryant vs. El Claraboya (formerly Nate Tethers)

El Hipérbole de Internet (formerly Sean Bryant)

You just got me excited for this PPV.

From Leon to Alix

aka Run For The Gold II

24/7 Title Match, live from Krista Isadora Duncan's bigfuckoff house in LA (?)

Alix Maria Spezia vs. Leon Rodez vs. Biff Atlas vs. Flex Phillips vs. The Marv vs. Hell Mel

From Leon to Alix

aka Run For The Gold II

24/7 Title Match, live from Krista Isadora Duncan's bigfuckoff house in LA (?)

Alix Maria Spezia vs. Leon Rodez vs. Biff Atlas vs. Flex Phillips vs. The Marv vs. Hell Mel

YES.

KC just made my day. Really.

The six man tag is probably going to be late. I'm waiting for one writer to pass it back to me for the finish. If I don't have it by the time I leave to go watch No Way Out, I should hopefully have it done later tonight.

The PRL-A.J. Flaire match is going to be late (Surprise!). I haven't even started writing it yet. I've actually been very busy this weekend, so much so that I just remembered I had a match to write. So, I'm late because I was busy, not because I was procastinating. Anyway, you should receive the match either tomorrow morning or tomorrow afternoon.

*sigh*

Should be a good RAW Living Angleously tomorrow night...

Black/Hoff will be done in an hour or so.

Well, Tony/Drek is done and sent.

Not to start trouble obviously, but I do hope this whole Monday-afternoon PPV trend doesn't keep happening for every single show. It never used to be this way.

Now, listen.

I know in some eyes I'm still persona non grata, but. Let me tell you about my weekend.

Friday I got off work at 3:30 and went out immediately. I met up with some friends. We played cards and watched TV, then went to dinner. We were at dinner for a few hours, playing more cards. I got home at 1 AM and went to bed.

Saturday I woke up, and I didn't feel like writing a match, so I played Metroid Prime from 8:30-11. After that I showered and got dressed. I still didn't feel like writing, so I watched a movie. I wrote a bit after the movie, for maybe 30 minutes. I met friends for a late lunch, then went to a comic book store. Played card games there for a couple hours, then met another friend and we all went out to dinner. We then went back to his place, and hung out with his dad, who is recovering from surgery. Around 9 we went to another friend's place, where we watched movies and drank.

This morning I got up at noon. I intended to get up early and write, but I overslept. I did write for maybe an hour. We left my friend's place right away as he had to be somewhere; I then bummed around town, because I had to pick him up in a couple hours. I did so, and we got a call from someone. We hung out with him until after dinner. I then came home, finished my match in the next two hours, and was done by 10:30.

The point is that you can be both busy and lazy and STILL get your shit done if you really wanted to. I get special circumstances, but when every PPV goes up on a Monday, people just don't care anymore. And the people who DO care are left in the cold. So, let's either do PPVs on Mondays or pull our shit together. That way, those of us who look forward to these aren't waiting until all hours on Sunday nights.

For what it's worth, I appreciate at least KNOWING shit was gonna be late. So thanks for that, at least.

A little update as to what's going on. I just need 4 matches -- PR/AJ, CW/Bo-Docs-D*LUX, GPX/O'Hara-Zack/Co., and the ME.

Oh, JUST four matches. So, like next Tuesday, we'll be set to go?

Let's just wait until the end of May. Then we can replace all the "Living Anglelously" references with "School's Out" ones and make THIS show the May PPV card.

Time zones.

Computer problems.

Family emergencies.

School assignments.

Illness.

Called into work.

Just a handful of things that can and should be taken into account before harping on anyone. No one on the active roster has ever purposely blown us off, doubt anyone's starting now. Ease up on the people (and yes, I'd be saying this even if I wasn't waiting for my match to come back to me).

Yeah yeah yeah. Fair deal, but we DO need to address this somehow. I'm not saying I have a solution, which is why I've been running my mouth, but we gotta stop this.

I understand there may be reasons that get in the way, but this has become a common trend that happens every single month now. It was never this way before. While there may have been an occasional show or two that were delayed, for the most part, we were able to get the PPV up at a reasonable time sometime on Sunday night for people to read. Now it never seems to happen. The show goes up late. People don't get a chance to read it. They become too preoccupied with their HeldDown stuff. The show doesn't get feedback. Big, fat waste of time for everybody. As I've said several times before, it's not fair for those of us that do get our matches in on time to have wait so long to see the card actually get posted. I mean, just look at 2006 so far:

Living Anglelously -- it's Monday afternoon. Has not been posted yet.

AngleMania V -- Wasn't posted until Monday evening.

Zero Hour -- Posted very late Sunday night/early Monday morning

Anglepalooza -- Posted very very late Sunday night/early Monday morning

What happened to getting the show posted before a WWE PPV finishes on Sunday night? It's possible! I've seen it happen many times before.

Believe me. If anybody understands tight workloads, it's me. But this is a trend that does need to stop because it's hurting the cards and the interest people have in them. Plan ahead of time. If you know for weeks what your PPV match is going to be, why not start writing it early instead of waiting for the day it's due? Many times, I don't begin writing until Sunday morning for my PPV match, but that's because I know I can get it on time without a problem. It seems others can't really do the same, so it's silly to try and wind up crashing and burning. Do it ahead of time and the issue is solved. This gets around the school assignment or time zone situations.

Computer problems? Family emergencies? Illness? All problems, agreed. But these are problems that should affect writing only once in a while. From the looks of it, either these issues are happening every month or some are simply just getting lax with trying to get their stuff in before the deadline.

I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes writer's block or just plain forgetting about having a match happens with me., I lean toward the lax end, this isn't as bad as the time we had a show posted like Wed.

Sign in to follow this