TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

Randy Orton suspended by WWE for 60 days

Guest Princess Leena

Was that face Randy?

No.

He can never be a face, unless he gets ugly in a quick manner like HHH has. He'll be hated more by the 18-45 male fanbase than Cena is.

No, Summer of 2004 would be the several months before the face turn, when he was having matches with Shelton Benjamin for the Intercontinental title and whatnot.

Randy's dad, would have been 100x's more effective if he played as most fathers do. I'm talking sideline coach dad.

Yeah, like if they had Bob be like...

"My son is better than everyone here."

"Dad, I don't need you to tell these people what they already know..."

"But they need to know how great you are RANDY!"

"They realize it each and every time I make an appearance father."

You know stuff like that... but not so generic.

Guest Princess Leena
No, Summer of 2004 would be the several months before the face turn, when he was having matches with Shelton Benjamin for the Intercontinental title and whatnot.

Didn't he win the title from Benoit in July.

But, yeah, I agree with you. That time in 2004 was when I really enjoyed Randall. And his speaking skills have only improved since then. It might not be the worst thing to give him another IC/US title run. Put him up against some of the better workers. Fans would probably start to tolerate him again. Randall needs some repair from this Eddie situation before being put in a main spot again.

But, yeah, I agree with you. That time in 2004 was when I really enjoyed Randall. And his speaking skills have only improved since then. It might not be the worst thing to give him another IC/US title run. Put him up against some of the better workers. Fans would probably start to tolerate him again. Randall needs some repair from this Eddie situation before being put in a main spot again.

He lost the IC title to Edge, in July and suddenly was the #1 contender for the world title and beat Benoit. Those two matches (Slam and Raw, the night after) remain his best stuff.

He lost the IC title to Edge, in July and suddenly was the #1 contender for the world title and beat Benoit. Those two matches (Slam and Raw, the night after) remain his best stuff.

I think he won a Battle Royal for the #1 contendership, IIRC.

From PWI

The WWE website posted a statement attributed to Randy Orton tonight, noting that he was suspended for not following the type of conduct that WWE wants from its performers. The statement did not delve further into the situation.

As noted yesterday on the PWInsider.com Elite section, the suspension came about due to WWE's unhappiness with Orton's attitude and demeanor and it was a situation that had grown over time as opposed to a singular incident. Rumors that the suspension were related to any recent drug testing from the WWE Wellness program were shot down by sources within the company.

Orton is expected to make several more appearances on Smackdown and will then begin serving his 60 days suspension.

So essentially, it's been something building over time and not one thing in particular he did.

Wait, they suspend him but will use him for "several more appearences".

That makes sense.

They should just have Batista make a cameo and attack Orton and injure him, again.

I'm shocked they even mentioned this at all instead of just keeping it behind the scenes. Is that really something that WWE usually does? When was the last time?

I'm shocked they even mentioned this at all instead of just keeping it behind the scenes. Is that really something that WWE usually does? When was the last time?

Kayfabe, went out the door awhile ago. They use kayfabe as a shield, when it suits them.

WWE.com has been reporting stuff like this for a little bit, in about 3 months time, they'll be told to stop and act like a generic wrestling site again. Remember when Raw magazine used to be a "smarter" magazine and WWE magainze was for kayfabe but when the Smackdown magazine was made, both magainzes became kayfabe? Almost the same deal.

Wait, they suspend him but will use him for "several more appearences".

That makes sense.

They should just have Batista make a cameo and attack Orton and injure him, again.

I consider it like the appeal process in major sports. Usually takes a little bit of time before they say, "ok, you gotta go now".

Edit:

Exactly. Edge is younger and better than Triple H in every department.

No, he's not. HHH may view Edge as a threat, but that's because he's a different face in the main event picture. Edge is NOT better than HHH in every department- he's just different.

I disagree.

He can wrestle, brawl, cut good promos and drew good ratings as champion.

HHH has done all of these things at one time or another, and better I might add, so, tell me again how Edge "outshines HHH in every department."

I mean seriously, I can understand you guys being sick and tired of seeing HHH on top, but latching on to "GRRRRR I'M ANGRY~! Now, I'm sleazy, now I just made a cheesy joke and managed to fumble over a simple sentence 17 different ways" Edge is just pathetic. In the time period before he was champ and that mercifully brief period that he was champion, 50-70% of the board could not stand the guy saying he was just as bad as Cena and here it is a few months later, some boobs have rewritten history and all of a sudden Edge has improved and was a great champion when in reality he is still doing the same circle jerk with Lita and being outclassed by the real main eventers. Put this guy back in a tag team stat and just have him play a goofy blonde guy, because that's really all he can do.

Exactly, past tense. Triple H has done all of these things but now he's nothing more than stale, Edge isn't.

Edge has improved all round over the past couple of years. If you honestly think that all Edge can do is the "goofy blonde guy" gimmick then you're an idiot.

it's going to be used to "enhance" Orton's character once he returns: "I'm so bad ass the WWE had to suspend me" blah blah blah.

Or it could make Orton look like a little kid. He does so much kiddish things that WWE had to suspend him.

According to the latest Observer, there have been several incidents since January. One particular incident happened the week leading up to WM that was near disastrous for the show and is being kept buried by the office. While there are no details of what exactly it is, it was so bad that if Orton didn't have his ME WM status, he would've been potentially released over it.

The 60 day suspension is the minimum length of the suspension and is actually an indefinite suspension. Orton did something else a few days after No Way Out as well to where that influenced WM SD storyline plans. Originally, Orton was to get the title at WM. Thing is, Orton had already won the shot at the title at WM by beating Rey, so they didn't want to change it again because it would dilute the SD title match further. However this incident (the one before NWO) lead to the office deciding to punish Orton by having him job at WM instead of being his crowning moment.

According to the latest Observer, there have been several incidents since January. One particular incident happened the week leading up to WM that was near disastrous for the show and is being kept buried by the office. While there are no details of what exactly it is, it was so bad that if Orton didn't have his ME WM status, he would've been potentially released over it.

The 60 day suspension is the minimum length of the suspension and is actually an indefinite suspension. Orton did something else a few days after No Way Out as well to where that influenced WM SD storyline plans. Originally, Orton was to get the title at WM. Thing is, Orton had already won the shot at the title at WM by beating Rey, so they didn't want to change it again because it would dilute the SD title match further. However this incident (the one before NWO) lead to the office deciding to punish Orton by having him job at WM instead of being his crowning moment.

Did he throw a flower pot?

Edit:

Exactly. Edge is younger and better than Triple H in every department.

No, he's not. HHH may view Edge as a threat, but that's because he's a different face in the main event picture. Edge is NOT better than HHH in every department- he's just different.

I disagree.

He can wrestle, brawl, cut good promos and drew good ratings as champion.

HHH has done all of these things at one time or another, and better I might add, so, tell me again how Edge "outshines HHH in every department."

I mean seriously, I can understand you guys being sick and tired of seeing HHH on top, but latching on to "GRRRRR I'M ANGRY~! Now, I'm sleazy, now I just made a cheesy joke and managed to fumble over a simple sentence 17 different ways" Edge is just pathetic. In the time period before he was champ and that mercifully brief period that he was champion, 50-70% of the board could not stand the guy saying he was just as bad as Cena and here it is a few months later, some boobs have rewritten history and all of a sudden Edge has improved and was a great champion when in reality he is still doing the same circle jerk with Lita and being outclassed by the real main eventers. Put this guy back in a tag team stat and just have him play a goofy blonde guy, because that's really all he can do.

Exactly, past tense. Triple H has done all of these things but now he's nothing more than stale, Edge isn't.

Edge has improved all round over the past couple of years. If you honestly think that all Edge can do is the "goofy blonde guy" gimmick then you're an idiot.

So, you're telling me that HHH can no longer put on a good brawl, wrestle a decent technical match, and cut a good money promo? These are all things you say Edge can do (though he's particularly average at all of them). As far as ratings go, wrestling as a whole is on a seemingly endless downward spiral that has had a few spikes in the past, mostly due to heavily promoted SuperRAWs or the latest Kane heel turn. Edge did not have the title long enough to know whether it was him responsible for the good ratings, the fact that it was someone, ANYONE, besides Cena, or just a period where a few more people tuned in than usual because something new (don't get it confused with good or enjoyable) was going on. We don't know. We never will unless Edge gets a longer title run and the ratings suddenly rise to 4.0s and stay there for a consistent amount of time. But see, here's why that most likely will not happen...

Edge was a prominent focus of the show before he won the title. That should have provided at least a small ratings bump if Edge is the draw many have and are claiming him to be. Title or no title, Edge should pull in viewers because supposedly, he is a ratings draw. If ratings only go up when Edge has the title, it seems the title on someone new is more of the draw or Cena chasing the title. Hmmmmmmm.

Many people within WWE feel(and have done for a long time) that Orton is arrogant and self-centred, so this upcoming suspension was bound to happen sooner or later.

The longer he's out, the better. He's not main event material, IMO.

There was something odd about Orton jobbing at Mania to Rey. It didn't seem like a storyline thing at all when I watched the show...

Guest Princess Leena

Lolz.

You know, if this was anyone else but Randall... you kids would be saying the reason for his suspension is that he was non-stop complaining about being forced to do the Eddie angle. Could be a reason.

I'd think complaining about exploiting Eddie would earn him points with the locker room, rather than further alienate him from them.

The locker room doesn't suspend people. I suspect that as early as next friday, the story and truth will break.