TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

Randy Orton suspended by WWE for 60 days

It became his music when he turned face and they haven't changed it. I Blame creative.

In March, Orton had this generic heavy metal theme music by some unknown band that he used for about 2-3 weeks. But, it was so horrible they went back to HEY! very quickly.

Killswitch Engage, is hardly "unknown".

One of the few good things going right for metal nowadays. And from what I remember, they didn't pull it cause it was horrible, KSE pulled it from them. More than likely a dispute over money or the promotion they were receiving.

Regardless of how good the song is on its own (Ive not heard it other than being used as his theme), it sucked as entrance music.

I cannot disagree. Using KSE for entrance music is a very bad idea. Be like using Hatebreed, a bad idea before you thought it up. Glad it got pulled.

Why are they so hell bent on pushing Orton? This latest infraction only adds to the reasons not to push Orton. That column is getting bigger and bigger. What's on the other side? I rewatched the SD 3 way from WM and Orton literally had no heat. Think about that. Of all the major matches at WM virtually all the participants had some sort of heat (even Matt Hardy got a slight "Hardy" chant). Orton literally draws no reaction.

I guess the point is, he's seriously not over, for the most part his matches are snoozers full of restholds, he has no charisma, no mic skills, and add to it he's suspended for being some manner of dumbass. So why push him?

Why are they so hell bent on pushing Orton? This latest infraction only adds to the reasons not to push Orton. That column is getting bigger and bigger. What's on the other side? I rewatched the SD 3 way from WM and Orton literally had no heat. Think about that. Of all the major matches at WM virtually all the participants had some sort of heat (even Matt Hardy got a slight "Hardy" chant). Orton literally draws no reaction.

I guess the point is, he's seriously not over, for the most part his matches are snoozers full of restholds, he has no charisma, no mic skills, and add to it he's suspended for being some manner of dumbass. So why push him?

Because he has the "Calvin Klein model" look they want.

They'll push him because for a short time, like around the time Mick Foley worked with him, he was over...he had that cool heel heat...and people thought he could be like the Rock. But Vince wanted to erase Lensar's record so he put him over Benoit with like two weeks of build and then turned him face the next night followed by two weeks of running scared and then a loss to HHH...and from then on he was basicly fucked. His face run never worked because people wanted him to be a heel but how do they turn him back? Have him lose to the Undertaker repeatedly and stick his lame ass dad with him. He's been booked weak over and over again. He has lost just about every high profile match that he's been in since winning and retaining the WHT from Benoit. If any body has a brain in creative they will continue to try to get something to stick against the wall with this guy because as history has proven, no one ever knows what will truley work to get someone over. The man is a third generation wrestler who, IMO, needs a Ric Flair like title run where he carries that gold around like God meant him to have it...just look at what it did for JBL...these are characters that need championships to get over...he's as legitimate as Paul London at this point.

And for anybody that was watching Mania, Orton got a nice pop and, for whatever reason, was cheered when he beat on Rey. I don't know what that means but at least it's something...

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

It became his music when he turned face and they haven't changed it. I Blame creative.

In March, Orton had this generic heavy metal theme music by some unknown band that he used for about 2-3 weeks. But, it was so horrible they went back to HEY! very quickly.

Never heard of them.

Never heard of them.

Just give him a theme song from the 80's so all of his fans can say WTF that is from before I was born....Dead or Alive "You Spin Me Around" would be perfect.

They'll push him because for a short time, like around the time Mick Foley worked with him, he was over...he had that cool heel heat...and people thought he could be like the Rock. But Vince wanted to erase Lensar's record so he put him over Benoit with like two weeks of build and then turned him face the next night followed by two weeks of running scared and then a loss to HHH...and from then on he was basicly fucked. His face run never worked because people wanted him to be a heel but how do they turn him back? Have him lose to the Undertaker repeatedly and stick his lame ass dad with him. He's been booked weak over and over again. He has lost just about every high profile match that he's been in since winning and retaining the WHT from Benoit. If any body has a brain in creative they will continue to try to get something to stick against the wall with this guy because as history has proven, no one ever knows what will truley work to get someone over. The man is a third generation wrestler who, IMO, needs a Ric Flair like title run where he carries that gold around like God meant him to have it...just look at what it did for JBL...these are characters that need championships to get over...he's as legitimate as Paul London at this point.

And for anybody that was watching Mania, Orton got a nice pop and, for whatever reason, was cheered when he beat on Rey. I don't know what that means but at least it's something...

I think that was more of a bizarre anti-Mysterio sentiment than anything else. For whatever reason (maybe the way Mysterio has been booked the last couple months), the crowd collectively decided "there are two faces in this match, and we are solidly getting behind one of them - Angle." I think it reached the point that people were so pro-Angle that they were anti-anything that WASN'T Angle. It's like the John Cena effect in reverse.

See when you say "literally", usually it means literally ie a fact, truth rather than 'literally', ie over-exaggeratedly stated because Orton sucks LOLOZ~! But hey, with Randy gone, your top heels are Mark Henry and

Giant Singh

, so it's all good in the long run, huh?

Took the words right off of my keyboard. For someone who's constantly booked 'too strongly', Orton sure has been booked pretty shitty. Hell, Edge has been booked far more wisely than Orton and yet he's the one being 'buried'.

Why are they so hell bent on pushing Orton?

IMO, its mainly because wrestling runs in his family. WWE loves that.

He must be giving some good head to someone in the back.

That should be Randy's new gimmick. Every week, something bad happens to him, and right before the payoff, he has to make that face.

Michael Cole: "Uh-oh, Randy, Giant Singh is about to cripple you in this match."

Randy: "Hey, wait, wha... Oh noooooooo!"

Why are they so hell bent on pushing Orton?

He's young. He's athletic. He doesn't have the 'stigma' of being an ECW, WCW, or Indy guy. According to some females he's attractive, and thus has a chance of crossing over to having mainstream attention. He's favored by the McMahon's & HHH. And when booked right he was on his way to getting over.

The fact that he's not a 5* wrestler isn't as important to the McMahon family (including HHH) or most marks as it is to smarks.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

See when you say "literally", usually it means literally ie a fact, truth rather than 'literally', ie over-exaggeratedly stated because Orton sucks LOLOZ~! But hey, with Randy gone, your top heels are Mark Henry and

Giant Singh

, so it's all good in the long run, huh?

Henry can cut a promo. That's one up on Orton.

Guest Montresor

Why didn't WWE just release him? Maybe they know it's only a matter of time before we find out what he did, and they want the crowd to be chanting about it as he jobs to Road Warrior Animal on a mid-June Velocity.

It's now up on WWE.com.

"Unprofessional conduct."

I would love to know what their definition of that is.

"Wait, I've got a better idea than that, Stephanie!"

"I thought WM 3 had a gate of 70,000."

"Does it really make sense for Shane to get all that offense?"

"You know, HHH owes me a job."

I'd say it has more to do with the fact that he was booked for SD, had been promoted as such, and that this will be his last appearence for 60 days.

Guest Princess Leena

Provide proof of Randall mistreating his many ladies.

Did you not read the thread?

If you want to say he's an annoying prick but he looks good that's fine, but it's just plain silly to pretend he isn't an annoying prick.

How do you know he is.

What is fact is that he didn't shit in one of the random pair of tits' bag, like everyone here is going on about it. The crazy, egotistical bitch said he only dumped lotion or something on it. Not that I'm excusing it, but that doesn't mean he's an annoying prick that we should all think is horrible.

Provide proof of Randall mistreating his many ladies.

Did you not read the thread?

If you want to say he's an annoying prick but he looks good that's fine, but it's just plain silly to pretend he isn't an annoying prick.

How do you know he is.

What is fact is that he didn't shit in one of the random pair of tits' bag, like everyone here is going on about it. The crazy, egotistical bitch said he only dumped lotion or something on it. Not that I'm excusing it, but that doesn't mean he's an annoying prick that we should all think is horrible.

I'd also like to point out that a lot of the bad stuff people are attributing to Orton in this thread end up being something Edge did, and it seems the only person on the net that hates Edge is Matt Hardy. Just saying.

Guest nokia

But isn't there a "King of The Ring" match next week between Angle & Orton on Smackdown ??

Since it was announced at the tapings, I'd figure wwe scraps the segment and Teddy Long just announces the tournament in another segment

But isn't there a "King of The Ring" match next week between Angle & Orton on Smackdown ??

Since it was announced at the tapings, I'd figure wwe scraps the segment and Teddy Long just announces the tournament in another segment

[sarcasm]Thanks for the spoilers![/sarcasm]

well hopefully this won't lead to Orton getting released outright...regardless of what a lot of you guys think about him, he's not terrible when booked properly and he's a hell of a lot better than the alternatives...unless you think they should move Ugabooga or whatever his name is over to SD to be a top heel.

I'd also like to point out that a lot of the bad stuff people are attributing to Orton in this thread end up being something Edge did, and it seems the only person on the net that hates Edge is Matt Hardy. Just saying.

I'd like to remind DrVenkman that pointing out facts about the hypocrisy of lambasting Orton & calling for his termination, while ignoring the fact that by that logic Edge is as worthy of getting fired, isn't the smark way.

Just make a "funny" joke next time, DrV.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
well hopefully this won't lead to Orton getting released outright...regardless of what a lot of you guys think about him, he's not terrible when booked properly and he's a hell of a lot better than the alternatives...unless you think they should move Ugabooga or whatever his name is over to SD to be a top heel.

Bradshaw and Booker are leagues better than Orton as top heel. At least they're over, can cut promos, and have good matches more often than not.