TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

I think Reynolds is passable (Not good mind you but passable) in comedies. Like I said, I think he's got a Chevy Chase quality to him. And that's both a compliment and an insult. I think the absolutely shitty scripts and mediocre supporting casts don't help.

You know what actor doesn't get enough love? Ben Foster. I watched 3:10 to Yuma and with the greatness of Bale and Crowe aside, Foster stole the whole fucking movie for me. Hell, I would have never thought the little kid from "Flash Foward" would be where he's at today. He was also one of the only good things about "Alpha Dog".

Hostage was just a ridiculous movie to begin with.

I feel bad that he had to be stuck with the awful portrayel of Angel in X3 but I'm sure he's not complaining. The movie made money.

Has anybody seen these weird Head-On commercials that air on CNN all the time?

I fall asleep with the TV on sometimes and the bald, black guy with the weird voice at the end wakes me up all the time. "I HATE your commercials but I LOVE your product!"

He was also great in his recurring role on Freaks and Geeks as Eli the retarded guy.

Did you catch last night's episode of Three's Company?

Has anybody seen these weird Head-On commercials that air on CNN all the time?

I fall asleep with the TV on sometimes and the bald, black guy with the weird voice at the end wakes me up all the time. "I HATE your commercials but I LOVE your product!"

Those are equally as annoying (in a different way) as the original run, where they usually aired back-to-back commercials of the triple-dose slogan spots. I do remember Stephen Colbert poking fun at it a couple of years ago or so...

There's some dirt and even tracking issues at the top of the screen (briefly) in a few of the Perfect Strangers episodes on DVD, but it's not like I expected them to re-master the episodes or anything. Just happy they're releasing it.

I'm half-watching Joe Dirt on Comedy Central right now and has there ever been a worst case of casting than David Spade as a good hearted, Southern Rock loving hick? And Dennis Miller in a supporting role? Yeck, this movie is even worse than I remember it being. Walken is kind of funny in his part but he's good in almost anything (Including Envy).

Joe Dirt is just some middle of the road crap in my opinion, I don't find it particularly horrible.

The one part I appreciated was him having Jaime Pressley say that she was his sister while they were having sex. I've tried that with girls. It's dirty!

I'd agree with it being more middle of the road crap than outright horrible, Walken bumps it up a little bit.

I remember the year Joe Dirt came out was a really horrible year for comedy movies. I remember Corky Romano, Monkeybone and the first Van Wilder (and a slew of other bad teen comedies) came out around the same time. Joe Dirt probably wasn't even one of the five worst comedies that year! The early '00s were not really a good time for music either.

Dunno if this should be here or in the Music folder, but Amy Winehouse's reaction to winning Record of the Year was pretty amazing. I hope someone got a screencap.

Roy Scheider's dead.

I'd agree with it being more middle of the road crap than outright horrible, Walken bumps it up a little bit.

I remember the year Joe Dirt came out was a really horrible year for comedy movies. I remember Corky Romano, Monkeybone and the first Van Wilder (and a slew of other bad teen comedies) came out around the same time. Joe Dirt probably wasn't even one of the five worst comedies that year! The early '00s were not really a good time for music either.

Don't forget Rat Race and Freddy Got Fingered, also released in 2001.

And I'm a Spade fan but Joe Dirt is nothing more than *decent*

IIRC it was the first Happy Madison release not starring Sandler

Edit: Deuce Bigelow was the first HM release without Sandler.

Oh and add another one. The Animal was also released in '01.

I also like Freddy Got Fingered. I love shit that's intentionally horrible. Tom Green built his whole career on it. I'm a huge fan of Tom Green, for the record.

I also like Freddy Got Fingered. I love shit that's intentionally horrible. Tom Green built his whole career on it. I'm a huge fan of Tom Green, for the record.

Freddy Got Fingered is indeed a guilty pleasure of mine. No redeeming qualities whatsoever, but its hard to not laugh at it. I picked-up Tom Green's "Subyway Monkey Hour" on DVD at Moviestop several months ago for $1.99. Damn good show.

Well it was a horrible movie. But it was supposed to be...so I can't complain there.

And I oddly liked Hostage. I mean, all the characters were annoying, and the super killer kid was ridiculous, and the ending was just plain silly....but I liked it.

and the movie just kinda shifted that way with him dropping down from the ceiling and shit.

But the angelic walk through the house with the cocktails was a cool freeze frame...but extremely corney in the context of the movie.

Saw Diary of the Dead. Pretty fucking stellar. Theater was unfortunately only half full , even though this is the first day of a limited release.

Support it!

Watched the new Day of the Dead a few minutes ago, and man, did it ever suck ass. I wasn't expecting anything good as its straight to video, but I was even shocked at how bad it was. It's currently up at Quick Silver Screen if anyone wants to check it out, which I don't recommend unless you love shitty movies.