TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

That is fucking hilarious. Ruining a children's movie = hilarious.

In fact, I'm going to go deface some new Disney straight-to-video ad with "IT COMPLETELY GOES AGAINST HOW THE FIRST ONE ENDED."

In fact, I'm going to go deface some new Disney straight-to-video ad with "IT COMPLETELY GOES AGAINST HOW THE FIRST ONE ENDED."

I'd say Marley and Me is more of a family movie, than a children's movie. And CBright should've spoiler tag that.

But it's not on the first page. And in order to find it I have to change my settings. Surely, you understand.

I understand, I think the mods should be more willing to move posts from the comments thread to the actual threads.

American Film Instute announced their top 10 list for Film and television

Film:

WALL_E

Gran Torino

The Dark Knight

Iron Man

Milk

Frost/Nixon

Frozen River

Wendy and Lucy

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

The Wrestler

TV:

The Wire

The Shield

The Office

In Treatment

Life

Lost

Mad Men

Breaking Bad

John Adams

Recount

Anyone ever see a movie called White Dog? I guess it's really obscure because it never got released before, but it came out on DVD at the beginning of the month. I watched it last night and it's really good. One of the better movies I've seen lately.

it would probably be funnier and more traumatizing if you just defaced them with "________ DIES." doesn't matter if it's true. little kids will cry and cry over ariel, belle, jasmine, etc. and never ever ever want to see the movies, even years later.

This looks fun

Anyone ever see a movie called White Dog? I guess it's really obscure because it never got released before, but it came out on DVD at the beginning of the month. I watched it last night and it's really good. One of the better movies I've seen lately.

Oh man, this movie was hilarious. I mean that in a good way; if weren't for the threat of PC backlash, this film could be and should be advertised as a horror-comedy.

After poor Season 1 DVD sales Night Court Sea. 2 is finally coming out in a few weeks

*cries* THERE IS A SANTA!!!!!!!!!

So does the dog really die in Me & Marley or is it just people being assholes?

Oh and what is up with bare-bones editions of movies being released on blu-ray instead od the current special editions?

Example, Terminator 2. All I can ever find on blu-ray is the standard theatrical release, yet there is an ultimate and extreme edition out on standard def. Is this a licensing issue, like everything has to be licensed especially for blu-ray releases, or is this just another money-grubbing scheme by companies that are counting on people running out and buying anything that is on blu-ray in hopes they will go back and double dip just like they did on standard def dvds?

This excludes new releases of course, new release blu rays usually get all the extras.

Transplanting from the F13th thread:

They got some explaining to do if they are going ahead with this Halloween sequal (which wont even have Zombie attached to it at all, apparently...not yet at least).

He just confirmed that he is doing it. Here's the teaser with his name attached:

I don't think it's such a hot idea, but being the huge fan of he and the first one, I'll watch.

But I think what he meant is that is a teaser for the first Halloween film......

But anyway, surprising to hear Zombie is going to do the sequal now, it's much more validated now or something. Was real worried about how it would turn out without him to be honest. Now the only issue is that they are supposed to be doing post production already by next month, start filming in March, and then have it in theaters by next Halloween already. Moving that quickly on things is always a big risk of turning out a piss poor product, especially when it comes to franchises like this.

I see, yeah it is.

I actually didn't even really pay attention to it, it was just the video that Zombie posted along with announcing that he was doing the sequel, but I guess he was just saying, like "Yes, I'm doing the sequel to this."

So does the dog really die in Me & Marley or is it just people being assholes?

No, the dog really dies I had to go to wikipedia to confirm, but yes, the dog dies.

If it wasn't for "Expelled", then "Hell Ride" would be my pick for worst movie of the year. Jesus, that movie is horrible.

Obviously someone didn't learn from Turner and Hooch. Even Tom Hanks knows, "You don't kill the lovable dog in your dog movie".

didn't he just get shot and survive, and have a lot of puppies at the end?

what's everybody's favorite dog death in a movie?

mine is 'magnolia'.

"Christmas on Mars" was kind of fucked up.

Holy shit, I've been waiting years to see this. To the top of my Netflix queue it goes.

EDIT: Damn, it's a long wait too. :(

Obviously someone didn't learn from Turner and Hooch. Even Tom Hanks knows, "You don't kill the lovable dog in your dog movie".

mine is 'magnolia'.

I don't think I have a favorite dog death per say but my favorite dog death on film related moment was when I saw American Gangster and No Country For Old Men on back to back nights, both of which feature Josh Brolin shooting a dog.

It harkened back to the Summer of '05 when I saw Hustle and Flow and Crash in a one week period and saw Terrence Howard beat the shit out of Ludacris in both movies.

Wait, did he actually beat Ludacris up in Crash? I thought he was all "you gonna shot me, nigga? go ahead and shoot me! I aint scared!" and Ludacris backed off. I've only seen it once and the only thing I retained was the Mexican guy thinking his daughter was killed by the Middle Eastern fella. Oh and Matt Dillon fingering Thandie Newton.

mine is 'magnolia'.

No, Hooch died. The big one at the end was the puppy that looked like him. He already knocked up the female dog with his puppies before he got shot and died in the vet office. They tried to tack on the happy "puppy" ending but even Tom Hanks admitted it was a depressing ending when you really think about it.

Wait, did he actually beat Ludacris up in Crash? I thought he was all "you gonna shot me, nigga? go ahead and shoot me! I aint scared!" and Ludacris backed off. I've only seen it once and the only thing I retained was the Mexican guy thinking his daughter was killed by the Middle Eastern fella. Oh and Matt Dillon fingering Thandie Newton.

Yeah I haven't seen it since I saw it in theaters three years ago but I remember him beating the snot out of Ludacris. Maybe he just beat up Larenz Tate though (or whoever played Ludacris' buddy in Crash). My recollections of the movie are the same as yours plus the weird Tony Danza cameo as the racist TV producer.

If it wasn't for "Expelled", then "Hell Ride" would be my pick for worst movie of the year. Jesus, that movie is horrible.

At least David Carradine and Dennis Hopper had fun.

Terance Howard doesn't beat him up, he just shames him. It's awesome.