TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

Okay, what I said wasn't 100% correct. This is what wiki said-

New Line was kept as its own entity until February 28, 2008 when Time Warner CEO Jeffrey Bewkes announced that New Line would become a subsidiary of Warner Bros. Robert Shaye and Michael Lynne said that they would step down with a letter to their employees. They promised, however, along with Time Warner and Jeffery Bewkes that the company would continue to operate its financing, producing, marketing and distributing operations of its own films with the New Line logo, but would do so now as a part of Warner Bros. and be a smaller studio, releasing a smaller number of films than in past years.[2] As to the company's future, according to Warner Bros. president Alan Horn, "There's no budget number required. They'll be doing about six per year, though the number may go from four to seven; it's not going to be 10." As to content, "New Line will not just be doing genre [...] There's no mandate to make a particular kind of movie."[3]

Dumb question, but is there any point to going to see MBV3d at a theatre that doesn't do 3d?

My theatre is hyping Digital 3D coming in the spring (MONSTERS VS ALIENS?!?!) so no go now.

From the reviews I've read on various horror sites, it's getting pretty good reviews (3 1/2 out of 4 on Fangoria). They are saying the 3D makes it great, but it's still a pretty good old school slasher without it.

I randomly caught Douglas "Nostalgia Critic" Walker doing a commercial for the PBS series "Make Em Laugh". That was quite the thing... seeing PBS air a commercial for a show (this aired on a Fox affiliate). Maybe James Rolfe can do GameStop commercials (if such a thing existed - I can't say I've seen one in recent years).

The new Doctor Who has been chosen and going by what I've seen of his work and what I know of how the guy looks now, I'm entirely disappointed. Matt Smith looks more worthy of being a Doctor Who villain at best, not the Doctor himself.

Hopefully his performance makes it all work out but right now, eh.

ETA: I'm aware I'm considerably behind on this announcement but after just discovering the news, I'm leaving my opinion.

Just tried to watch Babylon5 from the beginning and I can't do it. Seems very slow paced, dull and pretty dated now. Does it get better, or should I just let it go?

I start at season 2. I find Boxlietner's Captain Sheridan infinitely more enjoyable than O'Hare's Cmdr. Sinclair.

The new Doctor Who has been chosen and going by what I've seen of his work and what I know of how the guy looks now, I'm entirely disappointed. Matt Smith looks more worthy of being a Doctor Who villain at best, not the Doctor himself.

Hopefully his performance makes it all work out but right now, eh.

ETA: I'm aware I'm considerably behind on this announcement but after just discovering the news, I'm leaving my opinion.

Yeah, can't say I'm liking this new Doctor who, especially when it was wildly believed to be either the first Black or Woman Dr. Who. Then they go the complete opposite and recruit white bread actor, who looks like an extra from Twilight. Surprised there isn't a Doctor Who thread, think I might start one when the specials start to air as there's usually lots to talk and speculate about. However, I'd never go as far as to join an actual Doctor Who messageboard to do that... far too dangerous.

Just tried to watch Babylon5 from the beginning and I can't do it. Seems very slow paced, dull and pretty dated now. Does it get better, or should I just let it go?

I start at season 2. I find Boxlietner's Captain Sheridan infinitely more enjoyable than O'Hare's Cmdr. Sinclair.

Cheers, think I'll power through Season 1 and watch whatever captures my attention. I'm only watching B5 as one of the movies and it seemed decent, but had no real idea what the over all story was about.

The funny thing is David can return for a guest appearance as well..the Doctor anytime he choses. His human form is in another universe banging the hell out of the Doctor's love Rose Tyler. This is a dreadful 24-ish wait only it would be like knowing Jack Bauer dies in a movie BEFORE the new season, only you have to wait a year for the special that leads into the extra year wait for the new season.

New show lead. New Doctor. Lots of questions about the future of the series and whether it can hold together. But after that wrist slitting ending to the last "series", it's going to be hard to get cheerful.

There's still the whole Bad Wolf thing to uncover (again).

The woman from ER (Dr. Corday) who recognized the Doctor - Wife? Mother? - during the Library episode with the shadows.

I think I might start a Dr Who thread up once I've got a list of all the talk topics, see if anyone is interested.

There's still the whole Bad Wolf thing to uncover (again).

The woman from ER (Dr. Corday) who recognized the Doctor - Wife? Mother? - during the Library episode with the shadows.

I think I might start a Dr Who thread up once I've got a list of all the talk topics, see if anyone is interested.

Well, she said she met him when he looked much OLDER than he does as Tennant so obviously that storyline isn't being handled by Smith. And yeah, it was made clear that it was his wife of the future err past err something. Really I don't know when that storyline will come into play since we know he'll be older and she'll be younger. Someone wasn't paying ATTENTION when it came to that one. We also have the Doctor's "daughter" floating around doing the work of her "father".

Bad Wolf I thought was Davaros returning? That seemed to be what they were implying. Least I thought so. I could be horribly wrong though. It has been tied to Rose and Davaros so god knows who is next. There also seemed to be some indications that Bad Wolf might have been the Doctor himself (least according to Dav).

I'm just wondering who is going to get the honor of taking out Tennant's doctor this time. The first time it was the Daleks, but I can't see a way the Daleks return ALREADY with the Cybermen showing up in the Christmas special (I really need to dl that).

So I go looking for the Crank 2 trailer (it's Statham and action, I'll watch it) and I find it on IGN. What else do I see? News that there's going to be a big time Cowboy Bebop movie, but that Keanu Reeves is playing Spike Speigel! Huh? I guess on second thought it might fit him well. He's already got the martial arts training and Spike is a rather laconic character, so it's not like Keanu's going to have to strain himself emotionally speaking. I just didn't think they'd be able to fit the anime into a movie (or two). Keanu's apparently big on making it though, so whatever Keanu wants, Keanu gets.

I'm more interested in the rumored Robotech: Macross Saga movie featuring Tobey Macguire as Rick Hunter with a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan.

Tobey as Hunter? Eh, no thanks. I see someone more like Chris Evans. Hunter was kinda cocky, just overshadowed some by Fokker. Evans wouldn't need to go overboard like he does for Johnny Storm, but I think he could do it.

Wha? Rick Hunter wasn't cocky once he joined the RDF and started falling for Minmei and Lisa Hayes like a dumb lovesick sucka. He was always second guessing himself, always knew he wasn't as good as Fokker or even Max Sterling in combat, shit like that.

Wha? Rick Hunter wasn't cocky once he joined the RDF and started falling for Minmei and Lisa Hayes like a dumb lovesick sucka. He was always second guessing himself, always knew he wasn't as good as Fokker or even Max Sterling in combat, shit like that.

Eh, I always saw the character differently I guess. He was a sucka with Minmei and Lisa, but once Fokker got hisself blown away Rick kinda dived into the role of Skull 1. Sure he whined some, but I always saw him as the "hero saving the day" sort. Maybe I just saw him the wrong way. I'll have to bring out the DVDs and check it out again. Either way I just don't see Tobey as Rick.

Superhero Movie was on TV here last night... gotta say, NOT awful. Calling it good would be a stretch (a big one), but I enjoyed Christopher McDonald, Leslie Neilsen, Jeffrey Tambor, and Tracey Morgan.

Eh, I always saw the character differently I guess. He was a sucka with Minmei and Lisa, but once Fokker got hisself blown away Rick kinda dived into the role of Skull 1. Sure he whined some, but I always saw him as the "hero saving the day" sort. Maybe I just saw him the wrong way. I'll have to bring out the DVDs and check it out again. Either way I just don't see Tobey as Rick.

Honestly, I don't like him as Rick Hunter either, but I'm such a Macross mark, I'll take what I can get.

part of my routine now is to watch 'wheel of fortune' and 'jeopardy' every weeknight. and i like it. i'm pretty sure this makes me sixty.

After Hours...man who knew Scorsese could do zany black comedy? Incidentally, the movie arriving at my house via Netflix coincided with Roger Ebert posting his Great Movies review of it.