TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

I saw Halloween tonight. What a fucking awful film. I seriously can't think of one good thing to say about it. It was sheer shite from start to finish. Rob Zombie needs to be stopped from making anymore fucking terrible films.

It was at least a better remake of a Carpenter movie than "The Fog." I saw that one, and wanted to shoot my television.

Also, it looks like Brett Rattner will be directing a remake of Escape From New York.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I liked "Flight of the Living Dead" (aka "Plane Dead") It's not really a "Snakes on a Plane" knock off (it was actually in development before that movie) and its an enjoyable gory b-movie, and probably the best direct DTV zombie flick in a really long time. So yeah, it's a fun little time waster.

Yeah, see, it was pretty horrible to me. They did a bad job making me give a shit about any of the characters. And they jumped in and out of the whole rules of a plane thing. One moment, they are opening a window and sucking everyone out. The next, they are shooting around like the bullets would do nothing. Then they depressurized the plane more than once. I am all for checking my brain at the door but goddamn.

Plus the ending was pretty ass.

But I will watch any zombie movie so I had to watch it.

I'm waiting for Bob's SNL review...this episode was really bad, a chore to sit through. Sorry all you Seth Rogen lovers, I though this was a bad bad edition of SNL.

Which means Bob probably loved every aspect of it.

I was at the dress rehearsal and the afterparty, so I missed the live show. I really enjoyed the dress rehearsal, but am disappointed that they cut three skits I loved, and kept in the Macgrubers.

I think I'll watch the show on DVR when I get home today and try to work up a review over the next few days.

But hey, I got to meet Chevy Chase!

yeah, MacGruber's just not funny. It has to be the writing, they have a decent cast, Maya Rudolph the exception...Samberg's hit or miss. Armisen, Hader, Sudekis, Forte, Wiig, Myers and Kenan can certainly carry the show if need be. Darrell Hammond is still effective if used sparringly. Poehler, eh I dunno, she can be hit or miss as well.

I like MacGruber... but when I saw it once while watching a rerun last month. There was THREE (unless there was another after I fell asleep) and that was overkill, but I still love the yelling "MACGRUBER!".

I've personally liked the shows this season, and I really enjoyed last year too. A smaller cast is a better cast.

Darrell is so useless though. I can't believe Fred Thompson made it on over NBC Investigates. A travesty.

I'm waiting for Bob's SNL review...this episode was really bad, a chore to sit through. Sorry all you Seth Rogen lovers, I though this was a bad bad edition of SNL.

I didn't like it either, though Fred Armisen as Gene Simmons was awesome.

We Own the Night should be number one this week, but I really don't see anything that would knock the Rock off of the number 2 spot.

Go Rock Go!!!

Guest tonyjaymzretro

I just watched Children of Men and Pan's Labyrinth and wow, how did neither of these win/get nominated for a Best Picture Oscar? Both were just the epitome of quality storytelling, acting, cinematography, etc. and as much as I loved The Departed, both were easily the superior movie

I just watched Children of Men and Pan's Labyrinth and wow, how did neither of these win/get nominated for a Best Picture Oscar? Both were just the epitome of quality storytelling, acting, cinematography, etc. and as much as I loved The Departed, both were easily the superior movie

I haven't seen Pan's Labyrinth yet, but I really wasn't overly impressed with Children of Men. For some reason it just didn't keep me interested, and I was constantly seeing how much time was left.

I see, MacGruber is always 3 parts. In that case, rock on, Grube.

I loved "MacGruber has an alcohol problem". Can't say the same for "MacGruber has a middle age crisis" this past weekend.

The Seth Rogen episode as a whole was very disappointing.

Anyone else looking forward to "30 days of Night"?

*raises hand*

Advanced word is that it's pretty good.

Anyways...

Teaser Trailer for the upcoming remake of "The Eye", staring Jessica Alba, is up. I know most are going to throw a fit over it, but personally, I never liked the original (it just ended up feeling liked a missed opportunity to me.)

Kal Penn wasn't that bad in Superman Returns more awkward. I remember someone saying he did it because he desparately wanted to be in the movie and would take any part in the movie but you think they could have given him a line or two. Kal Penn isn't a big star by any stretch of the imagination but it was still really really odd to me that he had no lines in that movie.

I assumed he died but I don't think they showed it.

I don't know anybody besides myself that really enjoyed Superman Returns. I wouldn't say it's one of the great superhero movies, but it's definitely in the second tier of pretty damn good superhero movies. I haven't seen it since I first saw it in theaters, I have a feeling that would be one of those movies where my opinion of it might lessen if I see it a second time.