TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WON Notes

From this weeks Observer:

The current plan is Cena vs. RVD at the ECW PPV.

HHH decision is to postpone winning the WWE title until either Vengeance or Summerslam.

Dave thinks having Vengeance headlined by Flair challenging for the WWE title would be best. (Vengeance is in Charlotte this year)

This may all force a Cena turn because whoever faces RVD at the PPV is a heel, and the same, but more so, goes for whomever Flair would face at Vengeance.

Thinks we could see hot shotting the belt from Cena to RVD to Flair to HHH as it’s easy booking by giving happy endings to all the PPV’s, but it would cheapen the title by having five title changes in eights months.

It’s not a lock that RVD is winning.

The gist of Randy Orton’s problem is that he has no problem with women who treat him like God, but he is said to be “totally unable to cope” with women who don’t or those who reject, and he goes off on them with blunt language. He’s done it to women who work for and with WWE, and has openly joked about how much he has been fined. Orton would have been fired for sure if he wasn’t hand picked to be the company’s next Rock.

Some PPV numbers, remembering that over one-third of the numbers are from international buys:

Taboo Tuesday: 240,000

Survivor Series: 390,000

Armageddon: 315,000

NYR: 295,000

Royal Rumble: 520,000

No Way Out: 220,000

WWE are looking for more women in addition to the Diva Search competition. They’re going to modeling agencies looking for women who are, beautiful, fit, and don’t’ mind being in front of people in a bathing suit.

Howard Stern on 4/18 was talking about the “Dancing with the Stars”, because his girlfriend was offered a spot on the next season and talked about the money people get, and with how far Stacey Keibler got she probably made in $350,000 to $400,000 ranger, which is about double what she made for a year in WWE.

Kevin Fertig (Mordecai) is expected to be signed to a developmental deal as part of WWE’s policy of signing ‘naturally’ big guys.

Backlash has: Cena vs. Edge vs. HHH, Vince and Shane vs. Shawn and God, Benjamin vs. RVD for the IC Title, Show vs. Kane, Carlito vs. Masters and James vs. Stratus for the Women’s title#

With Orton gone and the US Title change, it’s now Benoit vs. JBL and Rey vs. Angle vs. Henry at house shows.

WWE has kept up the billboard advertising in the UK, with big soccer-themed billboards outside of a number of major soccer stadiums.

Dave thinks having Vengeance headlined by Flair challenging for the WWE title would be best. (Vengeance is in Charlotte this year)

Well, I'm shocked that Meltzer is advocating Flair fighting for the title at Vengeance -- not just fighting for the belt but WINNING it. I don't care if the PPV is in Charlotte. Flair wrestling for the title and winning it in the Main Event is counterproductive and senseless.

I don't see how they would ever expect to get this ECW brand off the ground as something worth watching if Van Dam doesn't win the Heavyweight title at One Night Stand. To think of having Cena walk into One Night Stand as the champion and retain...they're treading on thin ice in really alienating a good percentage of their fan base.

Guest Coffey
Dave thinks having Vengeance headlined by Flair challenging for the WWE title would be best.

Dave is such a mark. He should really put his personal bias on the side when reporting.

The current plan is Cena vs. RVD at the ECW PPV.

Someone email Meltzer and inform him that he's wrong because according to Jingus, there's no way this is going to happen.

I would rather have HHH vs RVD. With the pro ECW crowd in attendance, HHH is already a heel without having to try at all.

I don't see how they would ever expect to get this ECW brand off the ground as something worth watching if Van Dam doesn't win the Heavyweight title at One Night Stand. To think of having Cena walk into One Night Stand as the champion and retain...they're treading on thin ice in really alienating a good percentage of their fan base.

I highly doubt that Vince's ego will allow there to be an ECW brand.

I highly doubt that Vince's ego will allow there to be an ECW brand.

Sure he would. Allowing it to be successful is a whole other thing.

I think these notes are likely already dated since this was probably mailed before the ECW story broke yesterday.

Cause let's face it, with that story breaking they have to have RVD win if they want to give this new ECW any sort of credibility. They can still do the HHH title change at SS as part of this huge angle, whereas it'd be such a huge screwjob that Heyman and Co. branch off from WWE, reform ECW, and still recognize RVD as the world champ.

Well, I'm shocked that Meltzer is advocating Flair fighting for the title at Vengeance -- not just fighting for the belt but WINNING it. I don't care if the PPV is in Charlotte. Flair wrestling for the title and winning it in the Main Event is counterproductive and senseless.

The exact wording for that part is:

"I'd think Vengeance would be best served headlined by Flair challenging for the title"

Meltzer isn't advocating Flair winning the title, just that it's possible because it's easy booking due to the win giving the PPV a happy ending. As for Flair getting a WWE Title shot in the main event, it's fine for a B show like Vengeance, because you're not giving away a major match and the story of Flair getting that one last shot at the title is something best used on a B show rather than a major one like Summerslam.

The gist of Randy Orton’s problem is that he has no problem with women who treat him like God, but he is said to be “totally unable to cope” with women who don’t or those who reject, and he goes off on them with blunt language.

WWE are looking for more women in addition to the Diva Search competition. They’re going to modeling agencies looking for women who are, beautiful, fit, and don’t’ mind being in front of people in a bathing suit.

Okay, then.

The gist of Randy Orton’s problem is that he has no problem with women who treat him like God, but he is said to be “totally unable to cope” with women who don’t or those who reject, and he goes off on them with blunt language.

Okay, then.

What? They shouldn't hire more women because they have to worry about how Orton will react if they don't want to fuck him?

I don't give a fuck what anyone says. Seeing Ric Flair win the WWE Title in Charlotte from John Cena would be unbelievably awesome.

Well if they do indeed go ahead with the ECW brand plan, then expect a rehash of the Shane Douglas incident at the end of ONS wherein the WWE Title would become vacant, thus allowing a tourney or a Cena v Flair title match with a Edge v HHH #1 spot @ SS during the Vengeance PPV. Flair could win at Vengeance and drop during the July SNME. It's a theory.

They take one step in the right direction by punishing Orton for his treatment of women, while simultaneously having an open casting-call for on-air bimbos.

Even in Charlotte how exactly is Flair a serious title contender at this point? I mean on Sunday he's likely to job out to Umaga. I repeat: He will job to a heatless Samoan with a bad gimmick. Jobbing to Umaga....winning the title at Vengeance. If they want to pop the Charlotte crowd just have Flair beat Umaga in a rematch or whatever, at most win the IC title from Shelton. But win the WWE title? Uh no.

The problem I have with the RVD rehash of Shane Douglas is that the context here is totally different. Douglas threw down a crap NWA belt that by 1994 was essentially worthless and proclaimed ECW's independence from the NWA, and himself as the new ECW's champion.

But RVD throwing down the WWE title? That makes zero sense. Why would Van Dam do that after going through a MITB match to get such a shot? Or badly wanting to win the WM tourney to get a shot at the WWE title? RVD winning the WWE title would be something he'd have spent 5 years trying to accomplish.

The best way to restart ECW would be for RVD to win the title but then lose it in some ultra ridiculous screwjob fashion. As in then Heyman can come out and say he still recognizes Van Dam as his world champion, the ECW loyalists on the roster agree, then they do a secession angle.

Guest Deputy Marshall
The problem I have with the RVD rehash of Shane Douglas is that the context here is totally different. Douglas threw down a crap NWA belt that by 1994 was essentially worthless and proclaimed ECW's independence from the NWA, and himself as the new ECW's champion.

But RVD throwing down the WWE title? That makes zero sense. Why would Van Dam do that after going through a MITB match to get such a shot? Or badly wanting to win the WM tourney to get a shot at the WWE title? RVD winning the WWE title would be something he'd have spent 5 years trying to accomplish.

Not to mention the fact that there's no way an angle that would do that much damage to the WWE Title would go through.

Not to mention the fact that there's no way an angle that would do that much damage to the WWE Title would go through.

But I could see him throwing down the World Championship - it doesn't have much of a lineage anyway.

Deputy, that's my whole point. The NWA title was archaic and useless by 1994...so who cared if Shane Douglas put it down? RVD throwing down the title not only would hurt the WWE title's credibility but also make zero sense in terms of Van Dam's quest for the title that began with his return at the Rumble this year (it really almost goes back to the Invasion if you think about it).

Also, if they simply screw Van Dam to begin with that would be like killing the new ECW before it even starts. If they have a notion of having ECW become a separate entity again and do future PPVs then Van Dam has to win to begin with. He can maybe do an NWO style spray paint job of "ECW" on the belt, which would be ultra cool without hurting the title.

You know, I wonder if RVD knows what he's getting himself into here. He's looking at being the only real star on a pseudo promotion with no actual TV show, a roster of aging hardcore icons, and some rookies from the development leagues. It's almost like being buried by request.

The way I thought is how I see "Creative" booking the secession, however if Heyman has the book for the genesis of the ECW resurrection then my theory would not happen.

Kevin Fertig (Mordecai) is expected to be signed to a developmental deal as part of WWE’s policy of signing ‘naturally’ big guys.

Yes! Now bring back Mordecai and give him a reasonable push this time. I hope the poor guy is over his stage fright by now.

Guest treecelightning

Other then the fact that he carried ECW on his back, do we have any evidence that RVD would be joining the new ECW?

Oh, dear God, NO!

Yes! Now bring back Mordecai and give him a reasonable push this time. I hope the poor guy is over his stage fright by now.

Gimme Johnny Stamboli instead.

Guest Deputy Marshall
Deputy, that's my whole point. The NWA title was archaic and useless by 1994...so who cared if Shane Douglas put it down? RVD throwing down the title not only would hurt the WWE title's credibility but also make zero sense in terms of Van Dam's quest for the title that began with his return at the Rumble this year (it really almost goes back to the Invasion if you think about it).

Also, if they simply screw Van Dam to begin with that would be like killing the new ECW before it even starts. If they have a notion of having ECW become a separate entity again and do future PPVs then Van Dam has to win to begin with. He can maybe do an NWO style spray paint job of "ECW" on the belt, which would be ultra cool without hurting the title.

You know, I wonder if RVD knows what he's getting himself into here. He's looking at being the only real star on a pseudo promotion with no actual TV show, a roster of aging hardcore icons, and some rookies from the development leagues. It's almost like being buried by request.

I got your point. I just wanted to clarify that Vince and company would never let something like that even be considered, because there's a difference between The E not letting something happen and something not making sense (as the past year plus of the booking can attest to).

They have to tread very carefully if they have plans for any angle involving Rob Van Dam, the WWE Title, and the ECW World Title. It's possible for it to be done; such as if they have Van Dam win the title and lose it to HHH in a manner that makes it clear that Van Dam was REALLY fucked out of the title. Then have Heyman cut a promo at the first ECW show awarding Van Dam the ECW title, saying he's obviously the rightful World Champion (we could even have one of those fun little pseudo-shoot comments where he notes that they have more of a right to split and declare Van Dam champion than Vince Sr. did when he just refused to recognize a legitimate NWA World Heavyweight Title switch just for the sake of breaking off from the organization). Even then, they'd probably be better off having Van Dam get screwed out of the title, make it clear that he's done with being screwed over by The E, and announce his intentions to enter a tournament for the ECW Title.

I think Van Dam knows full well what he's getting into by now. Honestly, is he that much worse off than he has been for the past few years competing on RAW and Smackdown? Realistically, the guy's not as freaking crazy over as he was in 2001 and 2002, and may never be again. And even when he WAS at his peak of being over in the WWE, there was a lack of any real push other than being granted the honor of being HHH's job-boy bitch for a non-major PPV. Additionally, it's become more clear over the past few days that the only reason he won Money in the Bank was so he could challenge at One Night Stand to push that PPV, and the only reason he might win it is to perhaps launch an angle that leads to the creation of a new ECW. So really, does he have all that much to lose?

Other then the fact that he carried ECW on his back, do we have any evidence that RVD would be joining the new ECW?

RVD definitely did not carry ECW on his back. Maybe in the last year of the federations existance, but other than that, no way.

If anyone carried it, it was CW Anderson.