TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BorneAgain

Smackdown Spoilers for the 5/5 Airing

Why is the most exciting thing I read off the spoilers is the mention of my future wife Michelle McCool still being around?

Its such bullshit that they shit all over the cruiserweights like this just to get Khali over when they could be building the division up and having the title actually mean something. I really hope they have a place in this new ECW brand.

Great Khali brings back such fond memories of the dying days of WCW. Who could forget when Scott Steiner would use his "lead pipe" to break all the cruiser's legs? Not even Christopher Daniels and Mike Modest were able to escape his wrath.

All in all though, this Smackdown sounds horrible. I guess they had Finlay go over Benoit because Benoit vs Booker T has been DONE TO DEATH.

#1 Contender match for Cruiserweight Title: Nunzio v. Kid Kash v. Super Crazy - No Contest after Great Khali took them all out.

Awesome. :)

They did that (or a variation of it) on all the European shows this past week. I do remember the #1 contenders match which London won previous to Helms's injury, so it is odd them doing another one, but then again, not so much since London & Kendrick are slated for a Tag Titles shot in the following days.

Those spoilers sound kinda bad, specially since SD! been having good/great in-ring work for the past several weeks, so I'll reserve judgment until a better set of more detailed spoilers are posted.

Guest wildpegasus
Great Khali brings back such fond memories of the dying days of WCW. Who could forget when Scott Steiner would use his "lead pipe" to break all the cruiser's legs? Not even Christopher Daniels and Mike Modest were able to escape his wrath.

All in all though, this Smackdown sounds horrible. I guess they had Finlay go over Benoit because Benoit vs Booker T has been DONE TO DEATH.

Benoit would've been scheduled to go up against Lashley.

I personally can't wait for this Smackdown. Benoit vs Finlay and Rey vs Henry? I'm there.

I don't even know why Vince signed that guy... I mean.. He just looks so freaking un-natural in the ring. He's going to end up seriously hurting someone.

Guest SetsunaMeioh

I hope that "Lady Friend" with Birchall is Shelly Martinez, I've been waiting for her to be called up. :)

As for SD, meh, it'll get bumped from NYC again for Baseball so I'm not missing much.

So, did anyone else watch?

Rey jobbing to Mark Henry cleanly was laughable, but Benoit-Finlay was a pretty good 15-minute match. I don't even mind the MNM-Londrick no contest, because they can just keep building to the match that should be on PPV, anyway.

So, did anyone else watch?

Rey jobbing to Mark Henry cleanly was laughable, but Benoit-Finlay was a pretty good 15-minute match. I don't even mind the MNM-Londrick no contest, because they can just keep building to the match that should be on PPV, anyway.

It was a fun little show.

I could've done without the Gymini match though.

Rey/Khali next week? Hella lame.

I think we all know what happens.

Rey gets the crap beat out of him for a few minutes and then Taker makes his monthly smackdown appearance..ending in a no contest or a countout or a DQ, anything but a pinfall either way..

Rey Mysterio is Mark Henry's bitch, seriously. Isn't this the third clean victory that Henry has over Rey so far? I mean, really, holy shit. Eh, at least it's realistic, but it does tell people that Rey doesn't deserve to be champ at all. I actually marked out when Henry pinned Rey. :lol:

All in all, I thought it was a decent SD.

Guest wildpegasus

What did everyone think of Benoit vs Finlay? Deathvalley has taken a big liking to it.

From the way the match played out (wrestled more like a match that you don't give away too much so the following matches will feel more special) combined with its ending added on to the fact Finlay and Benoit have nothing to do for the PPV I think we're going to have a Benoit vs Finlay PPV match coming up. Benoit's probably going to interfere in next week's Finlay vs Lashley match.

All these Tatanka vignettes are strange because Tatanka is so old. Why invest air time with vignettes on him to make him special? Give a new wrestler a story, not...Tatanka. But I guess he'll come back with a new attire or something and he'll get a big push.

Benoit/Finlay was great. A good technical showcase of both men's skills, along with that rough style, really worked well. Henry's third straight win over rey was crazy(but fun to see him get owned again!). Khali destroying the cruiserwieghts was dumb(it could've been a good match).

Khali/Rey next week is gonna be awful!

Guest Human Highlight Reel

What they're doing with Rey is ridiculous, they can't even put him over that worthless Mark Henry? He's had him beat before but now that he's the champion, he can't? JBL couldn't even interfere, it had to be completely clean. Idiots.

Randy Savage could never get the win over Hulk Hogan

Big Show can never beat John Cena

Chris Jericho can never get the big win over Triple H

and now, Rey Mysterio, the fucking WORLD 'HEAVYWEIGHT' CHAMPION, can't get a win over Mark Henry?!?!?!?!?!

BTW, someone tell me when we started liking Mark Henry again. I didn't get the memo.

Oh well, at least Rey Jr. vs Khali next week should be somewhat entertaining to me at least. I always mark for little guy vs giant matches.

I actually thought the show was pretty good last night. SD is always like that. I'll read the spoilers, find them so totally forgettable that I can hardly bring myself to watch the show....and then the show is surprisingly good.

Benoit/Finlay was an killer match.

So where does this leave that beast Mark Henry for the PPV? It's looking like:

Rey/JBL

Taker/Khali

MNM/London & Kendrick

Benoit/Finlay

Lashley/???

6-9 Man Cruiserweight Turmoil Match...... you know its coming.

This is slightly off-topic, but it is a SD thread. Who do you all want as the US champ? I know it really does nothing for him, but I'd love to see JBL just give Booker the US title, to make it the second time in a year Booker has not had to actually win the US title himself.

Sorry I didn't realize the KOTR finals are at the PPV as well.

I don't like Mark Henry really, but I do like that roll through he does to Rey to set up his finisher, and I like how he does his finisher to Rey. That's about the only thing I like about the guy.

When's Batista supposed to come back, BTW? If he comes back before the PPV, have him beat Henry at the PPV.

Was they Rey/Henry match non-title? How did they justify it?

By JBL mocking Ray and challenging him to "prove he's a man and fight anyone on JBL's choosing". Then JBL chose Henry.

I missed SD, but it sounds like I didn't miss too much. I really wanted to see Benoit/Finlay, but I'll live with missing it in order to miss Rey job to Mark Henry again. I'm not surprised to see Rey's championship run get pissed on, but it's still disheartening.

When's Batista supposed to come back, BTW? If he comes back before the PPV, have him beat Henry at the PPV.

He was advised by his doctors to come back around August/September, but is aiming to return by the end of the month last I heard.