TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2006: Conference Semifinals

Nice push off by Nash on that jumper. It's funny how the Suns whine about everything that goes against them, but Nash can throw kicks and shove off on offense and defense. Snapper Jones has been awful in this game.

you hate them, we get it already.

this game, by the way, is why the clippers won't win the series. little playoff mistakes like getting in the penalty early and fouling the shit out of them when you're in control late in the game.

I enjoyed the game last night. But between Shaq elbowing Carter in the back and no call and Nash getting no called on the trip attempt, I had to shake my head a few times.

And you know, people talking about flopping. Have you all ever played the game. Standing there is A: More Dangerous and B: Hurts a hell of alot more. If it is a case of two bodies slamming into each other then for the love of christ go down and don't stand there like a tough guy. You are more likely to hurt yourself and the other guy. I hate the going through a screen flop around call though. Hate that.

Good win by the suns anyway. Them having to send more guys to the board slowed down the running attack. But Shawn Marion was a BEAST!!!!

I enjoyed the game last night. But between Shaq elbowing Carter in the back and no call and Nash getting no called on the trip attempt, I had to shake my head a few times.

And you know, people talking about flopping. Have you all ever played the game. Standing there is A: More Dangerous and B: Hurts a hell of alot more. If it is a case of two bodies slamming into each other then for the love of christ go down and don't stand there like a tough guy. You are more likely to hurt yourself and the other guy. I hate the going through a screen flop around call though. Hate that.

Good win by the suns anyway. Them having to send more guys to the board slowed down the running attack. But Shawn Marion was a BEAST!!!!

I think you're talking more about the taking the charge vs flop idea, where I agree it's safer to go down. But, I'm talking more about the idea of Jason Collins diving to the floor every time Shaq executes a spin move/shoulder dip and raises his arms for a shot attempt, or you have a guy try to back someone down in the low block and the defender basically takes a back bump to the floor. Between the Nets, Suns, Cavs and Bulls (all undersized teams who probably need to use it) the flop has become their primary defensive move on any drive to the basket or post up. Add in Ginobili & Bowen and there's at least a handful of blatant dives per game being called offensive fouls lately.

Don't get me wrong it won't matter in the Finals when Detroit and SA play because Detroit doesn't dive and their main offensive threats are more perimeter/mid-range oriented players, but it's really hard watching the guys at the "highest professional level" play like a bunch of bitches in the postseason when the game is supposedly more physical.

you know...the shoulder dip that he is doing isn't legal. You dip your shoulder to get under your man and come up, you did indeed offensive foul him.

I don't care if it is a flop as long as it is the right call. I hate the bad call flops. Shaq has been officiated correctly for the first time in years and all his complaining is ridiculous.

If the officials are calling the game one way and they keep calling it one way, you have to adjust. I guess some flopping doesn't bother me so much because I am still pissed at how often they change the rules to help the offensive player.

you know...the shoulder dip that he is doing isn't legal. You dip your shoulder to get under your man and come up, you did indeed offensive foul him.

I don't care if it is a flop as long as it is the right call. I hate the bad call flops. Shaq has been officiated correctly for the first time in years and all his complaining is ridiculous.

If the officials are calling the game one way and they keep calling it one way, you have to adjust. I guess some flopping doesn't bother me so much because I am still pissed at how often they change the rules to help the offensive player.

They can't just arbitrarily call the shoulder dip on Shaq but no one else. They don't call the handcheck when guys have both forearms in his back, or an arm extended to try and keep him from getting position, so why focus on the other foul only? Yes, Shaq should adjust, but it's become an epidemic this postseason where almost every defender decides to just fall down and pray for an offensive foul instead of playing defense.

I hope Detroit blows Cleveland out by 20+ tonight and puts the LeBron show on ice in 4 straight. I'm sick of all of the stories about him, and once he's put to sleep they might actually have to concentrate on the actual games and not promoting guys the marketing department decided deserve all of the attention.

Yeah, he does get a crap load of hype and stories about him that covers up some of the more important events in the NBA.... but damn I'm a sucker and I love it. James is currently the sole reason why the Cavs are where there are and even in tonights game, he might not be scoring much, but he's the reason why the Cavs are in the game.

And if the Lebrons win then I know the hype will go in overload and it'll be like it's a 3-0 Cavs lead according to ESPN.

For someone who hates ESPN so much, you pay alot of attention to that network.

Guest NYankees

When did Gund Arena become Quicken Loans Arena? God what an awful name for an arena.

Guest El Satanico

That was an impressive 4th by Lebron, as he strapped his team mates on and said we aren't losing this game.

And if the Lebrons win then I know the hype will go in overload and it'll be like it's a 3-0 Cavs lead according to ESPN.

Yeah because there's other networks airing the game... :huh:

Yeah because there's other networks airing the game... :huh:

No, but there are other networks and media outlets covering the game. He's talking about the hype and coverage.

Guest NYankees
Well, the Pistons never sweep anyone. They gave up a game to the Bucks, for god sake. They still win this series in 5.

I would give the Cavs a little bit more credit than that. They were close in game two.

Besides, the Bucks aren't that much worse than the Cavs. They just underachieved last season, I think, they're one of the more underrated teams in the league, IMO.

I think the Lebrons still have no shot of winning this. Remember Jordan couldn't get over the Pistons hump either.

And who wins this Dallas/SA series? Everyone was going on about how the Spurs may be better than last season and what not but they've looked very human during the playoffs.

Guest NYankees
I think the Lebrons still have no shot of winning this. Remember Jordan couldn't get over the Pistons hump either.

And who wins this Dallas/SA series? Everyone was going on about how the Spurs may be better than last season and what not but they've looked very human during the playoffs.

It's not Jordans fault Pippen had to sit out game 7 of the 1990 Eastern Conference finals with a Migraine. The bulls did get over that Pistons hump in 1991 though.

The Spurs just took the lead for the first time since the opening minutes.

Duncan fouls out, but Dirk rolled his ankle on the play. Spurs lead by one with just over a minute and free throws pending

Guest NYankees

OOO Boy. The Mavs season might be over. Nowitzki just turned his ankle on Duncan.

They're changing that rule next year, btw. Had Dirk not been able to shoot the FT's, the Spurs would have got to choose who shot them. Starting next year, your team gets to choose as opposed to the opponents.

Guest NYankees

Ginoboli or however you spell his name is stepping up big tonight.