TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2006: Conference Semifinals

The Clippers and Suns get no love. I'm sure you all know what I'm referring to, and if you don't, I'll do my best to transcribe it.

EDIT: No need to transcribe, no need for the segment at all.

Damn tough loss

That little stretch where they took out Brand did them in

Clippers always struggle against outside shooting teams, so most times its a matter of those type of teams missing their shots more than the Clippers stopping them.

The Clippers and Suns get no love. I'm sure you all know what I'm referring to, and if you don't, I'll do my best to transcribe it.

EDIT: No need to transcribe, no need for the segment at all.

Couldn't they have talked aobut Kobe texting Charles AFTER showing Nets-Heat highlights? I want to go to bed here.

Seriously, no need, the Lakers aren't even in the playoffs anymore. The media and fans may not like Kobe, but they just continue to put him on a pedestal by doing stuff like that. I'll leave it at that. No need to talk about he or the Lakers anymore.

Tomorrow, I expect the Mavericks to bounce back and for the Cavs game to be a little closer.

Stern says league erred in giving Spurs early game

PHOENIX -- NBA commissioner David Stern acknowledged that it was a mistake to schedule the San Antonio Spurs to open the Western Conference semifinals with an early game Sunday.

"If we had it to do over again, we wouldn't have acceded to the network's request on that one," Stern said on Monday night.

"We could lay it off on the network, but that's our responsibility, and we have the ability to say no. And we should have."

ABC representatives were not available for comment.

San Antonio wrapped up its first-round series in Sacramento so late Friday night that it was after midnight in Texas. The Spurs spent the night in Sacramento and didn't arrive back in San Antonio until about 3 p.m. Saturday.

They tipped off their series with Dallas at noon local time on Sunday because ABC wanted to show the Cleveland-Detroit game in the more attractive later time slot.

Despite the short turnaround, San Antonio won the game 87-85.

"The quick turnaround has nothing to do [with anything]," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich told reporters after the game. "You're happy to get by in any game in the playoffs with a win. A win is a wonderful thing in the playoffs and a loss is devastating. It all depends on how you handle it."

The commissioner also said Monday that the NBA probably would change its playoff seeding format.

"I think we're just talking about taking the four teams in each conference with the best records and seeding them one through four," he said.

Under the current format, the three division champions earn the top three seeds, followed by the remaining team with the best record. That's why San Antonio and Dallas are meeting in the second round, even though they have the two best records in the West.

The Nets already did themselves a huge favor taking home court away from the Heat. You could argue the Heat get some momentum back if they win Game 2, but if RJ's back for Game 3, the Nets will be confident anyway. It's still not even a lock for the Heat to win the next game. All the Nets need is for some of the outside shooters to nail some big shots.

Does anyone know why the second round games are no longer on local TV? I grew to enjoy Channel 9's coverage of the Nets.

TNT has exclusive rights for the second round

If the game is on ESPN it can be shown by local stations

"You probably remember how Lakers guard Kobe Bryant, in response to Phoenix guard Raja Bell having thrown him to the floor during their playoff game last Tuesday night, quipped that Bell probably wasn’t hugged enough as a child.

After Game 7 of the series, when the Suns humbled the Bryant-led Lakers 121-90, I was told Bryant, as he dejectedly walked from the locker room to a post-game media conference, was approached by a woman who said, “You look like someone who could use a hug.’’

The woman? Bell’s mother."

Too awesome for comment.

The Nets already did themselves a huge favor taking home court away from the Heat. You could argue the Heat get some momentum back if they win Game 2, but if RJ's back for Game 3, the Nets will be confident anyway. It's still not even a lock for the Heat to win the next game. All the Nets need is for some of the outside shooters to nail some big shots.

They need Krstic to have a monster game to overcome the loss of R-Jeff b/c I don't expect Kidd to shoot like he did in Game 1.

Nike might wanna update the slogan to "We are all witnesses. . . to an execution." At least the Wiz would have shown a semblance of heart.

I think Detroit is playing at such a high level right now, that almost any team in the league minus Dallas and San Antonio would be getting crucified just the same.

I missed the game, but check out this stat line: Rip Hamilton, 1/7 from the field...for 17 points. 15/18 from the foul line. I guess they smacked him every time it looked like he was going to make a shot.

I don;t know, they almost let the Cavs back into the game.... I was worried until they locked down and the Cavs couldn;t hit shots consistently... I had though it was going to be another blowout.

Guest Vitamin X

8 teams remaining..

45 first round games played..

8 game winning shots in the first round..

all for 7 other teams...

to earn the right...

to get eliminated by Detroit.

THE NBA PLAYOFFS

Tomorrow, I expect the Mavericks to bounce back and for the Cavs game to be a little closer.

Two for two, baby!

8 teams remaining..

45 first round games played..

8 game winning shots in the first round..

all for 7 other teams...

to earn the right...

to get eliminated by Detroit.

THE NBA PLAYOFFS

:lol: Good one

Much credit to Avery Johnson for making a key adjustment with inserting Devin Harris into the starting lineup and the Mavs played damn near perfect. (only 7 turnovers) Of course the beauty of a series is the Spurs need just one game in Dallas to get homecourt back and since they are a veteran team, I don't think they are too troubled.

Mark my words, this ass whooping LeBron is taking (although last night they made it respectable) is going to end up being a good thing for him in the long run. He'll start to see what a real championship team plays like in a playoff environment. LeBron is only 21 and needs to suffer some before experiencing some real post season success.

Chris Paul was officially named Rookie of the Year, getting all but one first place vote. Villanueva was second, Bogut was third. The other first went to Deron Williams.

I'm interested to see where Raymond Felton placed. I had him second, but he didn't even make first team All-Rookie.