TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CheesalaIsGood

Batista and Booker T get into a fight?

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/2718720

Fight breaks out at SummerSlam commercial shoot

May 8, 2006

SmackDown Superstars Batista and Booker T got into a knockdown, drag-out fight Monday afternoon on the set of World Wrestling Entertainment’s SummerSlam commercial shoot in Encino, California. Director of WWE Television Promotions, John Gaburick, tells WWE.com the fight broke out during the filming of a scene in the commercial which will be used to promote SummerSlam later this year. “The fight lasted at least five minutes, it was a brutal, bloody, vicious affair,” says Gaburick. “It took JBL, Mark Henry, Chris Benoit, Finlay and road agent Ricky Steamboat to finally break things up.”

Gaburick says, “Both men were banged up pretty good, both men were bloodied up.” After the fight, Booker T and Batista went behind closed doors to try and clear the air. Gaburick says both Booker T and Batista finished their required work on the commercial before leaving the set. When asked what the fight was about, Gaburick would only say “it’s a personal issue between two men.”

The SummerSlam commercial was filmed Sunday using RAW Superstars and Monday using SmackDown competitors.

Ok. Work or shoot?

Work. When you have that type of man-power there, it shouldn't take five minutes to break up the fight. Also, if it were real, I doubt they would go into that much detail. Did we really need to know the name of every person it took to break them apart? Or all the adjectives to describe just how "brutal" the fight was?

I just hate the fact that WWE will bring Batista back as the leader of a KKK faction.

Intresting that Raw wrestlers are refered to as "superstars" and Smackdown wrestlers as "competitors".

I wonder if anything can be read from that, or if they just didn't want to use superstars twice. I quite like the idea of them presenting the two brands as having differents kinds of talent like that though.

Intresting that Raw wrestlers are refered to as "superstars" and Smackdown wrestlers as "competitors".

I wonder if anything can be read from that, or if they just didn't want to use superstars twice. I quite like the idea of them presenting the two brands as having differents kinds of talent like that though.

If any of Smackdown's "competitors" were "superstars," they would be on RAW. RAW is like the laboratory where all of the experiments are done, if the experiment fails the creation is tossed over to Smackdown.

Umm.. they are called SmackDown Superstars in the article...

Its at the bottom Rant talking about what day they filmed the commercial. Raw taletns are called superstars. Smackdown's are called competitors

Guest Princess Leena

Work.

I guess it's official that Booker is basically a jobber now. :(

Work.

I guess it's official that Booker is basically a jobber now. :(

I don't see your logic in that.

He is likely to get a fued with Batista. How does that make him a jobber?

Guest Floridian Cool

This is so lame. Real street fights don't last 5 minutes. Especially ones between a 6'3", 250-pound pro athlete and a 6'4-6'5", 315-pound pro athlete.

“The fight lasted at least five minutes, it was a brutal, bloody, vicious affair,"

When asked what the fight was about, Gaburick would only say “it’s a personal issue between two men.”

Yeah, it's a work. Whether somebody told him to say that or not, it's sounds like it.

Because Booker will come out looking worse in the end then he did in the beggining?

How is him losing to Batista going to make him look anymore worse then jobbing to The Boogeyman, and looking like a complete total bitch againest Chris Benoit?

I think it's a horrible waste of a good talent (Booker T).

Batista is awful. He is not a good bumper, he's not very good on the mic, and he can't even land straight on his ass when he does his sitout powerbomb.

Oh, and since Cole does the website now, we are going to see a lot more of these worked news bits.

Guest droptoehold

They need to get the most outta Batista a.s.a.p.

hes old and this prolly wont be his last big injury

so git him some high profile W's before he gets

the belt back.

Booker is used to Mid-level underachieving status in WWE

they have had him there for so long.

Batista is awful. He is not a good bumper, he's not very good on the mic, and he can't even land straight on his ass when he does his sitout powerbomb.

Oh, and since Cole does the website now, we are going to see a lot more of these worked news bits.

Yet with all of that going against him, yet he's still the 2nd biggest draw in the biggest wrestling promotion in the world?

Yet with all of that going against him, yet he's still the 2nd biggest draw in the biggest wrestling promotion in the world?

It just goes to show you that Vince has won by turning actual wrestling into a joke, but then again that's just my opinion.

All I'm saying is I would much rather watch someone else wrestle than half of the 'big guys' in the E.