TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CheesalaIsGood

Batista and Booker T get into a fight?

So I'm going to guess when Batista returns its going to be Henry, Booker, then title for him or Booker, Henry, then title for him.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/20034101

Booker T sets the record straight

May 9, 2006

“It was simply about respect, that’s all.” Booker T, sporting a swollen left eye, commenting exclusively to WWE.com about the bloody and brutal fight he had with former World Heavyweight Champion Batista on the set of the SummerSlam commercial Monday in Encino, Calif. It took a number of SmackDown Superstars to pull Batista and Booker T off one another in a fight that lasted at least five minutes. “I’m not going to say anything else about it. The fight had to do with respect,” says Booker.

“I have no ill will toward Dave, but I feel like he doesn’t know the history of the business that’s all. Maybe he should study the history. There’s a lot of us who paved the way in this business for men like Batista,” says Booker. “When I started, guys like Greg Gagne, Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair, Arn Anderson and countless others were in WCW. I walked in the locker room and had to earn their respect. It took me 16 long years, but I earned it. Respect isn’t a right, it’s a privilege.”

When asked if the two men have buried the hatchet, Booker T pointedly says, “We’ll never be friends. We’ll never exchange Christmas cards. But I will work with Dave in the ring like nothing ever happened. It’s not about us, it’s about the company and more importantly it’s about entertaining the fans. I’ll never do anything to hurt our product.”

WWE.com is attempting to reach Batista for more on this situation.

MMkay.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/20034101

Booker T sets the record straight

May 9, 2006

“It was simply about respect, that’s all.” Booker T, sporting a swollen left eye, commenting exclusively to WWE.com about the bloody and brutal fight he had with former World Heavyweight Champion Batista on the set of the SummerSlam commercial Monday in Encino, Calif. It took a number of SmackDown Superstars to pull Batista and Booker T off one another in a fight that lasted at least five minutes. “I’m not going to say anything else about it. The fight had to do with respect,” says Booker.

“I have no ill will toward Dave, but I feel like he doesn’t know the history of the business that’s all. Maybe he should study the history. There’s a lot of us who paved the way in this business for men like Batista,” says Booker. “When I started, guys like Greg Gagne, Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair, Arn Anderson and countless others were in WCW. I walked in the locker room and had to earn their respect. It took me 16 long years, but I earned it. Respect isn’t a right, it’s a privilege.”

When asked if the two men have buried the hatchet, Booker T pointedly says, “We’ll never be friends. We’ll never exchange Christmas cards. But I will work with Dave in the ring like nothing ever happened. It’s not about us, it’s about the company and more importantly it’s about entertaining the fans. I’ll never do anything to hurt our product.”

WWE.com is attempting to reach Batista for more on this situation.

MMkay.

A promo after a fight that wasn't a work. riiiiiight

From the Torch:

-There is a lot of buzz backstage at Smackdown in San Diego tonight among wrestlers and staff over Booker T standing up to Batista last night. Booker is being perceived as the good guy of what was a legit scuffle, not a planned angle (despite widespread reports elsewhere). As James Caldwell noted in his update earlier, there will be more in this situation in the Torch Newsletter this week and in his VIP Audio Newsbrief scheduled to be posted later tonight.

-WWE.com just posted a story with quotes from Booker T, which appear to be 100 percent legitimate in the sense that it's the same thing Booker is telling others in casual conversations.

-Excerpt: "It was simply about respect, that's all I'm not going to say anything else about it. The fight had to do with respect. I have no ill will toward Dave, but I feel like he doesn't know the history of the business that's all. Maybe he should study the history. There's a lot of us who paved the way in this business for men like Batista. When I started, guys like Greg Gagne, Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, and countless others were in WCW. I walked in the locker room and had to earn their respect. It took me 16 long years, but I earned it. Respect isn't a right, it's a privilege … We'll never be friends. We'll never exchange Christmas cards. But I will work with Dave in the ring like nothing ever happened. It's not about us, it's about the company and more importantly it's about entertaining the fans. I'll never do anything to hurt our product."

-WWE.com is saying they are still trying to reach Batista for comment. The plan is for Batista to be interviewed tomorrow to stretch out the website hits for this story.

Well this is just damned bizarre.

One thing I'll say is The Torch better be right or else they just got played like a fiddle and their credibility will reach the depths of PWInsider.

Meltzer:

"--WWE shot an angle while filming the SummerSlam TV commercial yesterday afternoon in Encino between Batista and Booker T."

See, if I was an insider reporting this stuff I'd always say that something was an angle. I'd almost never report something was a shoot, since it can make you look really foolish if it is turned into an angle. Meltzer is smart here.

It had to be done

May 10, 2006

“We had to get past this. It had been brewing for a long time,” says former World Heavyweight Champion Dave Batista in an exclusive interview with WWE.com about the brutal fight he had with Booker T Monday on the set of the WWE SummerSlam commercial shoot in Encino, Calif. The fight was so intense both men were left swollen and bloodied and it took nearly a half dozen Superstars to separate them.

“It’s over,” says Batista. “We will agree to disagree. We won’t be friends, but we will work together. I can promise you we won’t cause problems.” But Batista does have an issue with the way he’s been portrayed in the locker room. “Some guys say I’ve been running around claiming to be the top-money draw in the company, that I’m carrying the WWE on my back. I never said anything like this, the rumors break my heart. I would never disrespect guys like Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, and Triple H with comments like these. I am not a Prick!”

Batista says he hopes the issue is finally over. “I want to move on, it’s like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I can’t wait to get back to work again”.

Work or shoot, this is pretty cool.

I don't know man... I can't tell if this is a work or a shoot. I'm going to say work though. I don't think that WWE would release this if it were real... Would they?

Well, IF it is (and that's a big IF) legit like Torch says, the benefit of WWE reporting it the way they have does two things:

1. Informs the casuals that go to WWE.com and ignore the rest of the news sites of what is going on, builds an eventual program since it was publically acknowleged.

2. Addresses the situation openly, from both sides, before it becomes a much discussed internet / newsletter rumour that they think makes the company look bad.

From PWInsider.com:

Former WWE World champion Batista weighed in on his side of the fight earlier this week with Booker T on the official WWE website. In regard to stories that the fight was over his attitude and lack of respect for the business, Batista commented, "Some guys say I’ve been running around claiming to be the top-money draw in the company, that I’m carrying the WWE on my back. I never said anything like this, the rumors break my heart. I would never disrespect guys like Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, and Triple H with comments like these. I am not a Pr***!”

Batista's hair looks pretty damn shiny. I think he got a Japanese Shampoo deal that Sharmell had worked out for Booker.

FIGHT~!~!

I 'll say Booker T won

On the latest PWInsider, they are saying that Booker T won without a question.

Survey Says, one more for the good guys. :D

They also say that the guys backstage were cheering Booker T, saying he did the right thing.

Complete work, people.

This reminds of that time 3 years ago when Jericho "accidently hit" Stacey Kiebler with a chair on Raw and everybody on the message boards were running rampant about how it was a shoot. The whole thing was laughable as is this.

Complete work, people.

This reminds of that time 3 years ago when Jericho "accidently hit" Stacey Kiebler with a chair on Raw and everybody on the message boards were running rampant about how it was a shoot. The whole thing was laughable as is this.

come on...who didnt see the chair hit the ring post?

I would never disrespect guys like Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, and Triple H with comments like these.

lolz

This was a shoot IMO, but could be turned into a storyline later on. Storylines based on shoots usually work really well.

I wonder if next week Batista will appear out of the crowd during Smackdown, go after Booker only to be restrained by referees and agents before grabbing a microphone and calling Sharmell a whore, Booker "Huffman" a bastard and then screaming "Come see me on Extreme Championship Wrestling, ECW!" before being dragged out of the arena. It's quite obvious they are running out of ideas so this could still possibly happen.