TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CurryMan

World Cup 2006 in Germany

That Japanese goalie sucks. The ball was hit from distance and didn't curl at all. Lame.

Now the Brazilians are just toying with the Japanese defense. They would have put up at LEAST 6 against the Americans. Maybe it wasn't such a bad thing to get bounced by Ghana.

I see 'Spider' Kalac is still terrible then. Played just three games for my local team over ten years ago and played so badly that he's still considered about the worst keeper we've ever had.

Now the Brazilians are just toying with the Japanese defense. They would have put up at LEAST 6 against the Americans. Maybe it wasn't such a bad thing to get bounced by Ghana.

Brazilians toy with defense that's what they do. They'll score 4 probably by the end of the day.

Great to see the Aussies advance but what a debacle at the end by the ref

He misses a blatant hand ball by a croatian player in the box

Kewell was offside when he scored the goal

A Croatian player got a second yellow card and wasn't thrown out ( He ended up getting a third yellow before finally being sent off)

Anyway Bill Plaschke brought up a point that as a hispanic has been eating at me for awhile

Where are the hispanic players on team USA?

Seriously there has to be a young man out there from a Mexican or South American family that is really good at soccer, I live in L.A. and I have seen tons of latino kids that live and breath soccer and you are telling me there ain't one of these kids out there that has translated that passion to skill.

Wait 5 more years...

You're right though. There's a ton of guys and kids at parks every weekend playing soccer and for some reason it's turned to nothing.

Great to see the Aussies advance but what a debacle at the end by the ref

He misses a blatant hand ball by a croatian player in the box

Kewell was offside when he scored the goal

A Croatian player got a second yellow card and wasn't thrown out ( He ended up getting a third yellow before finally being sent off)

Anyway Bill Plaschke brought up a point that as a hispanic has been eating at me for awhile

Seriously there has to be a young man out there from a Mexican or South American family that is really good at soccer, I live in L.A. and I have seen tons of latino kids that live and breath soccer and you are telling me there ain't one of these kids out there that has translated that passion to skill.

Welcome to the wonderful world of referee Graham Poll. He's a twat, and compensates for not being consistent by showering everyone with cards. I wouldn't be surprised if the three yellows to one player were just to give him extra enjoyment.

They're all playing baseball. Fortune and fame come in MLB, not MLS.

I woke up at 5am this morning, turned on the TV, and my first thought?

"What the fuck is Kalac doing in there?"

We dominated ther first half after that goal, and it was the same scenario after the second goal. I don't care if Kewell was offside, their should have been two other penalties go our way during the course of the game, so I'm going to take that as the fuutbaaal gods shining down on us. Italy next, and while Anorak may scoff, they'll give the Italians a harder time than the US did.

If they're good enough, they can make just as much in one of the big UEFA leagues. MLS certainly isn't the pinnacle of soccer success in the US, no matter what USA Soccer would have you believe, and the US isn't going to have any future World Cup success if the majority of their players are from MLS.

If they're good enough, they can make just as much in one of the big UEFA leagues. MLS certainly isn't the pinnacle of soccer success in the US, no matter what USA Soccer would have you believe, and the US isn't going to have any future World Cup success if the majority of their players are from MLS.

Yeah, but to make it to UEFA and make the huge money you need to be a stud by like 16 or so. Most American families don't have the means or ability to send their kids overseas to play against the best competition, and then again we're not one of those countries where kids turn pro until they're finished with HS except for golf and tennis. American kids also know that if they can be the next LeBron they too can make big money and not have to leave the country. Most American kids wouldn't know Ronaldinho, or how much he makes even if he walked by them with a Ronaldinho jersey on.

Do any of the MLS teams have a Youth Academy?

My team is a 3rd Division English team, we use our academy to produce good players who become 1st team players and if good enough they get sold for a big transfer fee.

At the moment we have 200 youngsters on the books between the ages of 8 and 18.

Edit: it does cost between £250,000 to £500,000 a year though.

He missed two obvious penalties against Croatia at key points in the game. So, boo to him. But he didn't call Harry offside, so perhaps he was making up for it.

There is a scenario in which France and South Korea could have to draw lots to determine who advances to the knockout stage. If France wins by one goal and South Korea draws with Switzerland, and France scores exactly two more goals than South Korea today, they'll be deadlocked and have to flip a coin.

Can you imagine the heartbreak of not advancing because you called tails and the coin came up heads?

France don't deserve to go through on their performances so far anyway. They've been utter crap.

I think D.C. United has an academy...and maybe Chivas USA as well.

They both do, but the academy doesn't keep them from making poor career decisions like Donovan. He ruined his career when he decided not to stay at Leverkusen and come back to the MLS. He ruined all hope of a career overseas with his performance in Germany.

Welcome to the wonderful world of referee Graham Poll. He's a twat, and compensates for not being consistent by showering everyone with cards. I wouldn't be surprised if the three yellows to one player were just to give him extra enjoyment.

That may have been the funniest thing I read all day.

Strong draw except for this bit.

Italy

Australia

Switzerland

Ukraine

But we should certainly have 3 very good last 8 match ups. Which will certainly be better than the last world cup where we had only 1 game with two "top teams" in.