TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

Worst X-Men Character?

Are you kidding? I'd say Arcade. He was around ALL the fucking time and his storylines ALWAYS sucked. I don't know if he was originally an X-Men character, and he wasn't a mutant, but Claremont loved him.

What about the Toad? Cable? Dazzler? Jubilee? Gambit's far from my favorite, but they're all way worse.

Are you kidding? I'd say Arcade. He was around ALL the fucking time and his storylines ALWAYS sucked. I don't know if he was originally an X-Men character, and he wasn't a mutant, but Claremont loved him.

What about the Toad? Cable? Dazzler? Jubilee? Gambit's far from my favorite, but they're all way worse.

Well, Cable had a gun... Gambit had cards.

So I rank Cable as above Gambit. But the rest are agreed. Jubilee > Gambit for him being on her ass in the cartoon though.

The biggest knock against Gambit is how much fanboys tend to overrate him.

But he was fairly unique. His powers, the playing cards, the fighting style, all pretty different. Meanwhile Cable's traits... aren't. He has guns? That's it? Cliche. Not to mention one of the most fucked up backgrounds in comics and the fact that Rob Liefeld had a hand in his creation. The best thing about Cable was his overpowered appearance in MvC2.

I've always hated two in particular: Psylocke and the Mikhail Rasputin (older brother to Colossus and Magik).

Psylocke I've hated since they started fooling around with her powers every season. First she was a telepath, that's all nice and dandy. Then they gave her special armor, ok. Then all the convulted shit with that Revanche character where she was asian, no wait, she's not, then she's got bionic mojo eyes, no wait, she doesn't, then she's a ninja or whatever. Somehow she gets the powers to blend in shadows (I forget how), then she gets telekinesis instead of telepathy but is able to master it better that Jean Grey ever has. Then she dies (Yesss!) but inexplicably comes back to life after being stabbed with a big-ass sword. I'm sure by now they've explained how she resurfaced but I just don't care.

And don't even get me started with Mikhail Rasputin. Loony reality-altering guy, responsible for some of the most shittiest X-Men stories ever. Nuff said.

are we talking JUST X-Men or does this include X-Factor, X-Force etc.?

Longshot

Guido

Jamie Madrox

All of these are really cool characters. Save for his mullet, I like Longshot. His character doesn't fit in with the rest of the X-Clan, thanks to his optimism and naivety, not to mention his strong sense of right and wrong. I love how they revealed that Guido was a scrawny child who got picked on constantly as a child. And Madrox has been really awesome the last few years.

It's not that there are really bad characters, it is that they are awefully written. My vote for worst X-Character is Jubilee, hands down.

I stopped reading comics around 97, but have read from the early 80s on through that time so if they've gotten better, I haven't seen it...all I know is I really hated the X-Men when it was:

Havoc

Colossus

non-asian Psylocke

Longshot

Dazzler

Storm

who else...was Wolverine around or was he dicking around in the Siege Perilous? I can't remember.

Unless my memory is failing me, that's pretty much the entire X-Men roster that went thru the Siege Perilious and "died" in front of millions of people that watched the events unfold on TV. IIRC when they came back they were "invisible" to everything except the naked eye.

They had some fun stories from that period when they where stranded in the australian desert. And I really liked Marc Silvestri's artwork back then.

I don't like Mojo. I didn't follow the comics really just the cartoon series back in the day and the whole "evil" tv producer villian boggled my mind.

This sort of gets an honorable mention because she eventually evolved into a pretty damn good character, IMO, but Kitty Pryde was quite insufferable for a good damn while.

A) She was ALWAYS pitching a shit-fit and storming out. "Storm, you changed your hair? Oh how could you BOO-HOO-HOO" *storms out*

B) She made the X-Men look like a bunch of completely irresponsible assholes for letting a 14-year-old girl go on all these missions.

C) She made the X-Men in general and Colossus in particular, look realllly creepy. He was a giant 23-year-old man making out with a 14-year-old girl. Maybe they were even dating when she was 13. Ewwwww. And most of the X-Men actually encourage this. Ewwwww.

And boy, she sure did like dropping the N-bomb to make a point, didn't she?

Completely out of context from New Mutants #45:

Kitty Pryde: "Nigger, Spic, Wop, Slope, Faggot, Mutie."

I'd say Thunderhawk, only because I don't know what his superpower was. Was it super strength? Super speed? a mixture of both?

Can somebody help me out?

Thunderhawk? You must mean Thunderbird, the native american guy that died trying to capture Count Nefaria on the new X-Men's second official mission. I'm not sure but I'd say it's a good guess he had some form of enhanced physical attributes like strenght, stamina, speed, etc.

Now his brother, Thunderbird II (later known as Warpath on X-Factor) also exhibited the same powers at first but I'm pretty sure he evolved into something else.

B) She made the X-Men look like a bunch of completely irresponsible assholes for letting a 14-year-old girl go on all these missions.

C) She made the X-Men in general and Colossus in particular, look realllly creepy. He was a giant 23-year-old man making out with a 14-year-old girl. Maybe they were even dating when she was 13. Ewwwww. And most of the X-Men actually encourage this. Ewwwww.

Where did you get that those guys were that age? She being young had nothing to do with the X-Men allowing her to go on missions and such, since most X-Men members (if not all) started out as teenagers IIRC. It seems improbable that Colossus was that old when he met Kitty, although I might be mistaken. Remember comic book characters age in a weird way (ie. it's been 100 issues of Ultimate Spider-Man and only 9 months have officially gone by since the death of Uncle Ben.)

It was specifically stated in Uncanny, after they had started dating, that Colossus was in his early 20's, and Kitty was 14. I read it like a month ago (good 'ol essential collections) Claremont was the writer for all of this, so it wasn't miscommunication. It's icky.

Thunderhawk? You must mean Thunderbird, the native american guy that died trying to capture Count Nefaria on the new X-Men's second official mission. I'm not sure but I'd say it's a good guess he had some form of enhanced physical attributes like strenght, stamina, speed, etc.

Now his brother, Thunderbird II (later known as Warpath on X-Factor) also exhibited the same powers at first but I'm pretty sure he evolved into something else.

Nope; the only changes was Warren Ellis deciding out of the blue during his "so bad it makes Rob Liefeld look like Shakespear" X-Force run, to have Warpath suddenly become like Superman in terms of flying, being outright invulnerable, and stronger than Thor for no other reason than because he wanted a Superman character on the team. Morrison got rid of it all save for the flying powers, though I would assume when Warpath shows up in Uncanny X-Men in a couple of months, Ellis's fuck-job will be treated as if he never happened.....

So what you are trying to say is Colossus is a member of the Super Adventure Club?

Nope. The one time Kitty tried to get Peter to fuck her, Peter flat-out told her no because of the age problem. Kitty would remain a virgin until she fucked Warren Ellis's personel comic book avatar Pete Wisdom back in 1995, in the pages of Excalibur.....

Dazzler could shoot lasers, so even if her character was lame, that was *something*

Gambit has an appealing personality, and he makes good use of a relatively limited power.

The strength of Jubilee's powers differ.

My vote--Angel. Original angel, with no metal wings or healing factor. He's like an unarmed Hawkman.

Worst yet, he has hollow bones, so he's like easier to break in half than a normal human.

You want a cure, Warren? How about a bonesaw? Just don't consider football as a career or anything like that.

I enjoyed X-Men in Australia just for the Brood saga.

Now, worst X-Men character? I'd probably have to say Captain Britain, what kind of super hero has to stay in his own country or he'll die?

I stopped reading comics around 97, but have read from the early 80s on through that time so if they've gotten better, I haven't seen it...all I know is I really hated the X-Men when it was:

Havoc

Colossus

non-asian Psylocke

Longshot

Dazzler

Storm

who else...was Wolverine around or was he dicking around in the Siege Perilous? I can't remember.

Got the details wrong:

Longshot and Storm never went through the Siege Perilous. Longshot left the team after a nightmarish dream sequence involving him and Storm that involved dismembered body parts and people having their spines ripped out of their backs.

Storm was kidnapped by Nanny/death faked by Nanny

Also Rogue went through the SP but not quite willingly, she forced Dazzler to send her through the SP in order to destroy a Master Mold Sentinel which had absorbed Nimrod and Nimrod's powers.

Logan ddin't go through the SP because he took a sabatical from the team right before Rogue went through the SP during the battle against Master Mold (this was done mainly to reconcile when Wolvie's "Marvel Comics Presents" and ongoing series fit into X-Men continuity). It also tied into WHY the X-Men (Psylockes, Havok, Dazzler, and Colossus) went through the SP, as they went into the SP gateway to avoid being murdered by the Reavers, who intended to leave their dead, dismembered corpses as a calling card for Wolverine when he returned home.

I don't like Mojo. I didn't follow the comics really just the cartoon series back in the day and the whole "evil" tv producer villian boggled my mind.

Mojo is one of the most disrespected villains in the Marvel Universe. In the Longshot mini-series, Mojo is Satan Incarnate; a creature so vile that his very pressence corrupts and poisons the enviroment around him and who basically engages in widespread crimes of genocide/special enslavement in terms of creating millions of sentient beings who only exist to die for the amusement of Mojo's fellow spineless ones.

So what you are trying to say is Colossus is a member of the Super Adventure Club?

Nope. The one time Kitty tried to get Peter to fuck her, Peter flat-out told her no because of the age problem. Kitty would remain a virgin until she fucked Warren Ellis's personel comic book avatar Pete Wisdom back in 1995, in the pages of Excalibur.....

Soooooooooo Warren Ellis is a member of the Super Adventure Club?

I'm going with Longshot here, but Psylocke sucks too. Anyone read the last few issues of Uncanny (I swear Claremont can't write anymore) where she's back from the dead and now like some super important psychic weapon for some coming cosmic cataclysim?

Soooooooooo Warren Ellis is a member of the Super Adventure Club?

I'm going with Longshot here, but Psylocke sucks too. Anyone read the last few issues of Uncanny (I swear Claremont can't write anymore) where she's back from the dead and now like some super important psychic weapon for some coming cosmic cataclysim?

Kitty was legal age when Ellis got ahold of her (Claremont rapid aged her when he wrote Excalibur so he could do a lesbian subplot with Kitty and Nazi Overlord Sat-Yr-9).

As for Psylockes, it's Quesada's fault she sucks these days. Claremont wanted to reboot her back to her British body (which was why he killed her in the first place, to rid the world of the Asian Slut Psylockes's body). But Quesada wouldn't let Claremont bring her back mainly out of spite and when he DID let him bring her back, forced Claremont to keep the Betsy in the asian slut body.

Yeah, that's why I specifically said they were 'making out' didn't want to imply they were screwing. But the fact that colossus seemed to be the only X-man to have some trepidation about this is still creepy.

I believe they're boinking now in Astonishing, (with some prodding from Emma Frost?) but 22-30 or whatever is nothing special. 20-something and a 14 year-old is creeeepy, no matter how you slice it. If my 16-year old brother was involved with some 24 year-old chick, I'd have a big problem, much less a 14-year old sister.

It was specifically stated in Uncanny, after they had started dating, that Colossus was in his early 20's, and Kitty was 14. I read it like a month ago (good 'ol essential collections) Claremont was the writer for all of this, so it wasn't miscommunication. It's icky.

I never remember them giving an exact age for Colossus. In fact, in an issue of the OHOTMU published after they broke up, it said he was still a teenager (Deluxe Edition, Issue 3, page 10, Feb. 1986).