TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

ECW One Night Stand 2 Thread

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
I giggled for, like, half a minute after reading "Big Steph"... and then a few more times just thinking about it.

Are you easily amused?

No?

Oh, you said you did earlier. Guess you're insane or something.

I giggled for, like, half a minute after reading "Big Steph"

It's okay if you laugh at stupid stuff. Just makes you lame.

Since Lawler is on the card, was there a blow-off to his feud with ECW? I remember that one time he showed up in the ECW arena after the lights off and the ECW fans went apeshit with pure, unadulterated hate!

When Lawler goes off, something along the lines of "This bingo hall oughta be built from toilet paper because all I see are pieces of shit" moment? Yeah, it's on the ECW DVD. Great moment, with RVD and Sabu beating up half the locker room trying to get into the ring while Lawler rants and raves about ECW.

Guest Princess Leena
I'm guessing thats FBI withouth Vito and Mamaluke right? Do we get the full FBI or just Guido and Mamaluke with Big Sal?

Mamaluke is on the fantasy game list, so I guess he'll be there.

I think I read before here that Tracy won't be there for some reason, though.

I just realized something that is a possibility. What if Orton is actually set to go to ECW? Think about it:

A. He might be punished by missing out on regular PPV paydays and working more live shows for less money.

B. He's reduced to going to the "C" brand/show.

C. WWE might feel they need more "star" power in ECW.

I expect Orton to lose, as part of his 'punishment', so if they want him to go to ECW he'll have an excuse to do so.

Of course, if Orton does go to ECW, what happens on Smackdown?

While he didn't go to ECW, he didn't return to SD either. So we'll be finding out what they intend to do.

Although it's listed as $34.95, once you go to order the webcast, it's actually $39.95.

The actual PPV itself is beeing advertised as $40 here.

I don't know if I'm going to get it or not yet. After the show last night, it sparked a little bit more interest for me, however, I don't know if it will be worth $40.

add FBI vs. Super Crazy & Tajiri...just announced on Smackdown

Well seeing as

1)Most people here don't get Smackdown until tomorrow and

2)Nothing on the ECW site yet for it...

I'll post it when those things happen.

And though I missed the boat on the original ECW Sci Fi stuff...

ECWSciFi.png

<Sandman>It's over Justin! I have the high ground!

<RVD>(peeking in, with a joint)No, *I* have the "high" ground! ^_^

I hope Tajiri signs some kind of deal with ECW, he was awesome back then, even before he turned crazy lightning pants heel. He was so underused and basically wasted in WWE. Sad really......

I hope Tajiri signs some kind of deal with ECW, he was awesome back then, even before he turned crazy lightning pants heel. He was so underused and basically wasted in WWE. Sad really......

I agree but the odds of Tajiri signing again most likely aren't that good. I think his WWE run really burnt him out.

Since Lawler is on the card, was there a blow-off to his feud with ECW? I remember that one time he showed up in the ECW arena after the lights off and the ECW fans went apeshit with pure, unadulterated hate!

When Lawler goes off, something along the lines of "This bingo hall oughta be built from toilet paper because all I see are pieces of shit" moment? Yeah, it's on the ECW DVD. Great moment, with RVD and Sabu beating up half the locker room trying to get into the ring while Lawler rants and raves about ECW.

Yeah that was at the original Wrestlepalooza. Tommy Dreamer had just got his first ever victory over Raven, and the crowd was already overdosing on emotion, and just as Raven and his flunkies were leaving, the lights go out and Lawler hits the ring with RVD and Sabu. The crowd went apeshit. This is when RVD's push really started big time. It was quite a historic moment.

I'm guessing thats FBI withouth Vito and Mamaluke right? Do we get the full FBI or just Guido and Mamaluke with Big Sal?

Mamaluke is on the fantasy game list, so I guess he'll be there.

I think I read before here that Tracy won't be there for some reason, though.

Because JBL works for WWE.

Just wanted to let you guys know, right now Tommy Dreamer and Paul Heyman are on the Jv and Elvis raido show on Free FM right now. Here's the site if you want to stream the show right now.

www.923freefm.com

UPDATE

Heyman and Dreamer just left, I'll post some snipits of what was said....well the stuff I can remember. They were both on for about half an hour.

-Tommy talked more about his testicle being squshed by Lawler. Tommy said he was kinda embrassed because the nurse that took care of him turned out to be a fan of his. He always said he got nothing to numb his testicle, they just stuck a needle in it and drained the blood.

-Tommy and Heyman also talked about how brutal the job actually can be and that they are both apart of the "Broken neck" club. Dreamer said he wrestled for about 3 months with a broken neck. He also said thats somewhat because Paul talked Tommy into going out there. Something they said about it.

Tommy: "Paul, I can't feel my feet."

Paul: "Aw, you don't need to feel your feet."

-Paul talked about the new direction of ECW and talked about how something their not going to overlook and thats MMA.

-Tommy mentioned that Kurt Angle's open challange will not be a one time thing. Its something thats going to be kept being done and Kurt's challange still goes out to anyone from a 4, 6, 8 side ring.

-A question was asked if ECW will keep pushing the envolope or will it be watered down and Paul answered that he plans to keep pushing the envolope until they throw him out the door.

-Paul said he does watch UFC and mentioned he had his money on Gracie in the Gracie and Hughes fight (that is who Gracie fought right?), and Paul thinks Ortiz is giong to beat Shamrock.

-A caller asked if New Jack will be at the PPV, Paul answered with a "well if he's there and you buy the PPV you'll be happy and if you buy the PPV and he's not there, something else will make you happy." So take that for what you will. Then the caller asked for a ticket and one of the excuses he used was "Come on, when I was 14 I get punched in the face by Bubba Ray Dudley, at a show." He still didn't get a ticket.

There's nothing else I can really think of that was really important or that stands out. Tommy and Paul talked about the fans, how they have caused riots that Heyman's still being sued for, how one riot happen at a army base and wrestlers were ready to fight the dogs, Tommy showed Jv a DDT by doing the DDT on Jv, except he didn't drop Jv. Apprently Tommy has welts from Lita's cane's shot on Weds. Oh Tommy hinted that Bealuh will be at the PPV.

-Heyman said he does listen to the Jv and Elvis show regularly and they talked about Paul being back on Monday. So Paul might be back on the show on Monday.

Thats all I can remember right now. Pretty fun interview over all.

Just wanted to let you guys know, right now Tommy Dreamer and Paul Heyman are on the Jv and Elvis raido show on Free FM right now. Here's the site if you want to stream the show right now.

www.923freefm.com

When is it on?

www.923freefm.com

When is it on?

Not now.

So at work the other day, I overheard (he was shouting, it was hard not to) some guy saying "The return of ECW! ECW! ECW! ECW! It's coming back! Sabu hit the arabian face buster THAT'S HARDCORE! ECW! etc..."

Needless to say, I was a little embarassed for the guy, and even moreso for the guy he was saying this to, who looked like he didn't want to be talking to him.

From PWInsider:

Just to follow up on the WWE vs. ECW rating from earlier today, I talked to a few people in WWE who are saying that management feels that a big reason for the show doing the number that it did was John Cena's appearance on the broadcast. As you would guess, they extremely high on Cena up in Stamford. That kind of scares me. Either way, we will have a lot better idea what the show's audience is when they start on Sci-Fi next week.

Maybe because it was Cena vs. Sabu, rather then just Cena himself. I mean Cena is still Cena but he is a champ and his belt was on the line. Maybe people tuned in because there was a WWE title match, and it just happened to be Cena who had the belt!?!

Maybe because it was Cena vs. Sabu, rather then just Cena himself. I mean Cena is still Cena but he is a champ and his belt was on the line. Maybe people tuned in because there was a WWE title match, and it just happened to be Cena who had the belt!?!

Cena/Sabu was non-title.

Oh, and Downhome...I'm more upset at neither Stevie Richards or Justin Credible are on the ECW roster page.