TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

ECW One Night Stand 2 Thread

Come the fuck on now.

You said that the PPV blew, just because of the main event. Then you mention music and no "big surprises". If that isn't getting petty, then I don't know what is. There was plenty of good on the PPV tonight, period, regardless of the finish of the last match. I admit the finish wasn't great, but we already knew that we'd get something fucked up, so get over it already.

The music is probably a bit petty, but it means a lot to me. I mean, what good is Sandman without Enter Sandman? He's completely useless.

He wasn't useless BEFORE he got "Enter Sandman" as his theme.

I'm sure he had something else during his second ECW title run when he was feuding with Mikey.

Of course Cena was going to be booked strong. You guys born yesterday?

Why is it like some foregone conclusion that Cena HAD to be booked like that? When has he EVER been booked like that? He's usually always in the position RVD was in tonight.

Cena's almost always the face as well. :bonk:

Cena usually doesn't have a heel come in to essentially win him the match either.

Come the fuck on now.

You said that the PPV blew, just because of the main event. Then you mention music and no "big surprises". If that isn't getting petty, then I don't know what is. There was plenty of good on the PPV tonight, period, regardless of the finish of the last match. I admit the finish wasn't great, but we already knew that we'd get something fucked up, so get over it already.

The music is probably a bit petty, but it means a lot to me. I mean, what good is Sandman without Enter Sandman? He's completely useless.

You want to tell that to the crowd? They seemed to go crazy for him more tonight than they ever did when "Enter Sandman" was his theme song.

You're joking, right?

No, ECW fans understand what The Sandman meant to the company they worship. They won't abandon him just because he has different theme music.

Probably not, but that's not in dispute, what's in dispute is the ridiculous They seemed to go crazy for him more tonight than they ever did when "Enter Sandman" was his theme song. line.

Come the fuck on now.

You want to tell that to the crowd? They seemed to go crazy for him more tonight than they ever did when "Enter Sandman" was his theme song.

You're joking, right?

No, ECW fans understand what The Sandman meant to the company they worship. They won't abandon him just because he has different theme music.

Probably not, but that's not in dispute, what's in dispute is the ridiculous They seemed to go crazy for him more tonight than they ever did when "Enter Sandman" was his theme song. line.

When have you seen them crazier for his entrance? And don't point out when they sing along to his theme music, because that's just idiotic.

Come the fuck on now.

That last part has to be a joke. He didn't get half a big of a pop as he did last year at ONS. The theme music MAKES HIS CHARACHTER what it is.

Come the fuck on now.

You're joking, right?

When have you seen them crazier for his entrance? And don't point out when they sing along to his theme music, because that's just idiotic.

When? Just about every other time he's entered the ring in an ECW.

Come the fuck on now.

That last part has to be a joke. He didn't get half a big of a pop as he did last year at ONS. The theme music MAKES HIS CHARACHTER what it is.

That "pop" was simply the crowd singing along to the music. What were they supposed to do with his new music? If you looked at their actions, they were still jacked to see him and ALOT more crazier than they were last year.

Come the fuck on now.

That "pop" was simply the crowd singing along to the music. What were they supposed to do with his new music? If you looked at their actions, they were still jacked to see him and ALOT more crazier than they were last year.

I disagree. I think the response tonight was medicore at best as far as the Sandman goes, but that has as much to do with the stupid segment he was put in than anything else.

Come the fuck on now.

You're joking, right?

That's a great argument. Too bad your completely wrong.

Guest Felonies!

I saw it as Edge spearing Cena into a table, then some other stuff happened, then RVD hit a frog splash and Heyman counted the pin. What's the problem?

Again, you're putting it under a microscope yet again. They went wild for Sandman tonight, case closed. Who gives a shit if they have went a little wilder over him in the past? The guy is over with ECW fans, period.

Another thing about the SD crowd at ECW TV. I doubt we're going to see anything there like what we saw tonight with the ECW fans tossing Cena's shirt back to him. :P

Guest hasbeen

Some of you are ridiculous. Don't like what you see, turn off the TV or change the channel.

Cena's the brawler, RVD's the spot monkey. It's a hell of a lot easier to get more time in on the brawl than to figure out a way to make umpteen spots plausible. The offence was split very well for the styles of the two competitors. RVD couldn't hang with the stronger, "tougher" Cena, but he got the more potent offence in when the time came.

The music was a major piss off. I wasn't expecting all the old real songs, but I figured they could at least spring for the fees to give Balls his entrance, and definately Sandman. His routine without the right music just doesn't work. Angle's entrance really sucked as well, I guess they wanted to avoid the "you suck" chants, but they could have given him a rewrite rather than just butchering a recording of his old theme.

I'm not saying Sandman isn't over. He is obviously. I just think the reaction for him tonight could have been better, and having the actual "Enter Sandman" song would have helped.

The music really really really matters when it comes to guys like him/Dreamer/New Jack etc....

Come the fuck on now.

I disagree. I think the response tonight was medicore at best as far as the Sandman goes, but that has as much to do with the stupid segment he was put in than anything else.

99% of the sound for Sandman's entrance is the crowd singing "Enter Sandman". You take away "Enter Sandman" and you are going to lose alot of the sound, but the support from the crowd is still there in a major way. Sandman always struggles to make his way from the crowd to the ring, but the crowd was especially excited to see him tonight. You honestly believe that the crowd wasn't excited to see him?

Edge actually speared himself through the table and missed Cena.

Indeed, even more amusing was on the replay where they picked the perfect angle to completely show this fact.

Some of you may be bitching about the show, and that's alright. But to deny the point is this show was a hell of a lot better than any of the crap WWE has put on in the last 5 years is completely ignorant.

Yeah, it's not going to be the same ECW as before. But I'd rather take this version of ECW over the current WWE.

What if they have a triple threat at Vengeance, RVD still wins, and they hold a tournament for the new WWE champion on Raw from Vengeance to Summerslam? Because I don't see Cena not being able to get a rematch, nor do I want him a three time champion.

Come the fuck on now.

You're joking, right?

That's a great argument. Too bad your completely wrong.

The fact that I'm even arguing about this is mind boggling.

If you can honestly sit there and tell me that This or This didn't dwarf this years, then I don't know what to tell you, pal.

I'm not saying Sandman isn't over. He is obviously. I just think the reaction for him tonight could have been better, and having the actual "Enter Sandman" song would have helped.

The music really really really matters when it comes to guys like him/Dreamer/New Jack etc....

The music certainly adds a little to certain wrestlers, but I just don't like the fact that some people say the fans will completely shit on Sandman because he lost his theme music. They certainly proved tonight that there is more to Sandman than just the music.

You can't even really compare this year's ONS to last year's, they're in totally different contexts. Last year the show was a one-off nostalgia trip, this year it was to relaunch the brand.

RVD was not treated like a jobber. I don't like Cena but it would have been idiotic for WWE to have him come off looking like a pussy because he's their flag-bearer for Raw, which we've heard that they're treating as THE show. They can establish ECW perfectly well by having Heyman and RVD tell Vince to fuck himself when he tries to strip them of the title.

I thought the PPV had a great atmosphere, the crowd was red-hot, and the matches were for the most part entertaining. Sabu/Rey was building really well, its a shame they had to cut it short for whatever reason, and the 6-person match had some nifty spots in it as well. The FBI vs Crazy/Tajiri tag match at the start was lots of fun too.

... Angle's entrance really sucked as well, I guess they wanted to avoid the "you suck" chants, but they could have given him a rewrite rather than just butchering a recording of his old theme.

You do realise that they used the remix at WWE/ECW, right?

Just for the record, the fans were completely swarming the Sandman just as much as they did last year. The only difference was that they didn't have a song to sing along to. Anyone else who says any different is just being ignorant through bitterness.

Come the fuck on now.

99% of the sound for Sandman's entrance is the crowd singing "Enter Sandman". You take away "Enter Sandman" and you are going to lose alot of the sound, but the support from the crowd is still there in a major way. Sandman always struggles to make his way from the crowd to the ring, but the crowd was especially excited to see him tonight. You honestly believe that the crowd wasn't excited to see him?

Of course they were excited to see him. I'm not disputing the fact that the Sandman is over. He is. I'm just saying tonight wasn't even in the ballpark of the biggest pop's he's ever gotten in ECW.

Um no, Sandman really didn't get all that much of a reaction tonight. I'd think his WCW run as Hak showed that he was mostly about the entrance and music.

I dunno what I think of any of it. I'm quite possibly the biggest RVD fan on this entire board, certainly one of the biggest. When he was hurt last year I kept pimping him on here and quite a few people thought I had a hole in my head. I've wanted the guy to get that elusive title win since about 1998 and I knew tonight was the best chance for it.

Frankly, the entire Cena/RVD feud has been booked for shit. Cena wasn't the right guy for this match, despite the crowd trashing him. This match tonight and angle before it needed to be centered around RVD, his quest for the title after 16 years in the business. No mention of him being matched with Taz in 1999, but then Taz signed with the WWF. No mention of him likely to beat Mike Awesome in 2000 before he got hurt. No mention of him coming so close to winning the WWF title and the insane amount of non title wins he's had. In the end, the angle was all about fucking Cena: Can Cena survive the ECW crowd? Was Cena screwed tonight? No offense, but I don't give a shit about Cena in this scenario. This tonight shouldn't have been about him, which is why I almost wish they'd gone with the JBL plan since RVD would have kicked his ass, hit every move in his arsenal, etc. I wanted RVD to pull out all the stops in an epic win. I wanted the somersault into the 5th row. I wanted the Van Daminator. The Van Terminator.

I wouldn't have even had a problem with the Edge aspect of the match if it didn't literally lead to RVD winning. It seemed like they were going for the Goldberg run in on Eddie/Lesnar, but in that match Lesnar actually got a bit of offense after the GB run in, so that you can say it was a token screwy finish, but Eddie in the end won on his own merits (the cheating fits Eddie better anyway, though most of RVD's ECW wins were hardly clean).

I honestly feel bad for anyone that bought this piece of shit, rip-off, non-finish-filled infomercial for the TV show and Vengeance.

No "Enter Sandman".

The anticipated tag match sees the ECW locker room DO NOTHING as Beulah is about to mutilated by WWE stars, and then has the FINISH involve a valet that had nothing to do with the feud.

The big main event sees nothing more than build-up to Vengeance, and a disputed bullshit title win that even a blind man could see will be changed on Raw.

Anyone "celebrating" the title win at that show is just silly.

What was the point of flying in Tanaka? To take one chairshot?

Super Crazy looked sluggish.

JBL's segment was quite pointless.

Tazz/Lawler was a horrible choice to start the show and an even worse match to advertise.

_________

I loved Angle/Orton. Awesome WRESTLING match.

Sabu/Mysterio was a very fun match with a horrible WWE-booked ending. I feel bad for those who paid to see it, and saw that horse shit at the end.

You can't even really compare this year's ONS to last year's, they're in totally different contexts. Last year the show was a one-off nostalgia trip, this year it was to relaunch the brand.

this bears repeating....come on, guys. If you can't figure out those two sentences, you really need to get a cluepon.