TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

ECW One Night Stand 2 Thread

I'm pissed PWinsider said there was a OMG SURPRISE

THERE WASN'T. They got my hopes up.

I was really hoping New Jack was going to beat the fuck out of Eugene. I would have been fine with The Sandman if they had actually used the Metallica song instead of that lame produced crap.

Sting/Hogan Starcade '97.

If this is the equivalent of that, then here comes the slow, 12-week death of ECW.

Monster Truck Madness commercials after every break, Paul E. challenging the network to cancel the show ever week and Joey Styles saying that "Up next SCARE TACTICS!"

I think the shocker is that the show ended with RVD still the champion since most people figured even if he won the decision would be overturned.

Maybe the real shocker is that it doesn't get overturned tomorrow night either.

Of course there are going to be three belts in the end. Having just 2 and having ECW have one of them would be moronic. You can't have 2 belts spread across 3 totally different shows. How would someone from Raw ever have a chance to get the belt back, another cross-promotional PPV?

I think the shocker is that the show ended with RVD still the champion since most people figured even if he won the decision would be overturned.

Maybe the real shocker is that it doesn't get overturned tomorrow night either.

The real shocker will be RVD vs Cena vs Orton for the championship tomorrow and RVD gets pinned 1st leaving Cena vs Orton for the title change.

If the new ECW wasn't on its deathbed already, it sure is now after that finish which made RVD look like a complete joke and did more to put over the Cena/Edge feud than anything. Why people had faith in this idea is beyond me. It looked like this was going to be the Invasion all over again, and now we know that it will be. They couldn't write a worse finish if they tried. See ya for the funeral in a few weeks.

I didn't see the PPV, but why do I have a feeling the WWE Vs ECW show was more entertaining than One Night Stand? on the show, we had a big surprise (Big Show defecting), Orton didn't wrestle, and I was more looking forward to the matches on the head to head show than the PPV itself. seems like the only bright spot on One Night Stand was the crowd reaction (THANK YOU for the Orton/Cena/Eugene assrape!), Rey/Sabu, the tag match and RVD winning.

Why the fuck was Eugene on the PPV? seriously. that made less sence than Orton apearing on the PPV.

Why would edge come out hidden with extra jackets and a motercycle helmet, only to reveal himself a few seconds later???? Doesnt make sense.

Belt will be easilly overturned. They are gonna say heyman is not a refferee. If they do that I wish they would have had the Smackdown ref count the pin and then overturn it because he wasnt a Raw ref

Of course there are going to be three belts in the end. Having just 2 and having ECW have one of them would be moronic. You can't have 2 belts spread across 3 totally different shows. How would someone from Raw ever have a chance to get the belt back, another cross-promotional PPV?

#1 contender comes from the Top 25 list :P

Sting/Hogan Starcade '97.

If this is the equivalent of that, then here comes the slow, 12-week death of ECW.

The heel killed the face cleanly and the face pulls off a miracle win only because of a run in. RVD needed the big win here, or at least to look like his invincible '98 self.

If the new ECW wasn't on its deathbed already, it sure is now after that finish which made RVD look like a complete joke and did more to put over the Cena/Edge feud than anything. Why people had faith in this idea is beyond me. It looked like this was going to be the Invasion all over again, and now we know that it will be. They couldn't write a worse finish if they tried. See ya for the funeral in a few weeks.

I gotta admit, I ran through all the horribly lousy finishes they could have ran in my head before the PPV. And they actually managed to find one even worse than anything I could think of.

Heyman counts the three after a WWE guy puts down Cena? Hell, I am actually in stunned awe they could think of something so incredibly stupid that I almost want to applaud them for reaching a new level of pathetic booking and writing.

Cena wins clean with an FU. Thats worse.

Guest Evolution

Edge's whole helmet spear gimmick is a nod to ECW Barely Legal 1997 with Rick Rude under the helmet during Shane Douglas/Pitbull #2, so far as I can tell.

This completely killed my interest in ECW. No Enter Sandman? No big surprises? Bleeping out curses? None of the "little things" that they got right last year were there. RVD looked like a total jobber out there and it was sad to see his "Big win" be met with such apathy from the crowd who knows it is meaningless.

Guest Coffey

My expectations weren't that high but the lack of music really took me out of the show. I guess it matters more than I thought it did...especially for Sandman, Dreamer and Mahoney.

At least the crowd was hot.

Quick question - I'm posting this without looking at the thread for potential spoilers.. but I was just wondering if anyone could PM me whether or not this PPV is worth ordering (w/o spoilers plz) as the replay starts in about 30 minutes over here. A few opinions would be nice. Thx guys. :)

RVD Winning/Cena losing isn't an OMG surprise?

If they meant it like 'someone will show up' kind of surprise, then maybe they moved it to tuesday's show.

The ECW build is odd. We have highs then lows then highs then lows, over and over again.

The next thing to worry about, like I've mentioned a few times already, is the crowd at ECW TV. As we saw tonight, much of the "feel" comes from the crowd reaction. What's going to happen when they tape ECW TV in front of a normal Smackdown crowd, full of mainly normal WWE type of fans?

What was the dusty finish anyway?

It's when they make it look like the face wins for the big pop, but they leave a window open for the match to restart and the heel comes back and wins.

Perfect example involving RVD is back on Raw on May 20, 2002 when RVD beat The Undertaker for the WWE Title but UT had his foot on the ropes, so Ric Flair came back out and re-started the match and UT ended up winning.

The next thing to worry about, like I've mentioned a few times already, is the crowd at ECW TV. As we saw tonight, much of the "feel" comes from the crowd reaction. What's going to happen when they tape ECW TV in front of a normal Smackdown crowd, full of mainly normal WWE type of fans?

Especially since most of the Smackdown audience is under the age of 10 who don't even know ANY of the ECW Roster besides Big Show and Kurt Angle. And their bed time is probably after 10pm so the crowd will probably be empty, not that it already isnt for a Smackdown show.

Well I've just abuot lost all my interest in the new ECW in one night.

Generic entrance music, no big surprises, RVD being treated like a jobber.

This PPV blew.

Don't get crazy, the PPV didn't blow or suck. There was some hot action on the card, a few holy shit moments, a very live crowd, etc... It wasn't the best show ever, and it wasn't what this show should have been overall, but it didn't suck.

Yes it sucks that we don't have the old music, and yes the finish of RVD/Cena wasn't that great (come on though, we have all been talking for weeks that we'd get something like this since there was no way in hell that RVD would win clean). If anything we should be glad that RVD actually left the show the WWECW champ, that's more than what most of us thought would happen anyway.

It wasn't that bad. Cena came out looking strong but I don't think that RVD was treated like a jobber. You're right in saying that the crowd reaction at SD/ECW tapings will make or break the brand though.

I was riding real high until The Sandman came out without Enter Sandman. That kind of deflated me a little bit but I still thought the show was fantastic, although the ending left me feeling a little empty too. I don't understand how broke ass Paul Heyman could use all that music, but billionaire Vince can't/won't.