TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

ECW One Night Stand 2 Thread

this show manage to beat the fuck out of everything WWE has put out since last year's One Night Stand. Mainly because it was done under a wrestling pretense and not a sports entertainment one.

Judgement Day, which took place like three weeks ago was better than this.

Of course it was to you. Because you're an anti-ECW fan, like I identified earlier.

Because I didn't like tonight's PPV, and thought Judgement Day was better, I'm an "anti-ECW" fan?

I'm sorry, you're a dumbass.

And you're an anti-ECW fan. Go make babies with Rudo.

this show manage to beat the fuck out of everything WWE has put out since last year's One Night Stand. Mainly because it was done under a wrestling pretense and not a sports entertainment one.

Of course it was to you. Because you're an anti-ECW fan, like I identified earlier.

Because I didn't like tonight's PPV, and thought Judgement Day was better, I'm an "anti-ECW" fan?

Well, that sure settled that!

Alright, since I've explained in detail about why I enjoyed this PPV, explain to me in detail why Judgment Day was better than this show. And you better use valid points from Judgment Day and not just completely bash the ECW show. Do this without being stringent or insulting to people like you have been in this thread and you'll legitimize yourself.

The name calling as gotten a little out of hand here.

(Looks at S_D and Rudo)

You're right. It was getting out of hand. I'm only stooping to the level of people like Rudo, Angle-plex, & Loaded Glove. Those people started the ridiculousness. I'm merely defending the people they are insulting in the way they insult.

Edge in a disguise coming through the crowd makes sense. He doesn't let anybody know who he is whilst coming through the crowd so he doesn't get accosted or jumped by the crowd before he can do his buisness.

The replays showed Edge coming out from underneath the ring.

Guest Felonies!

Someone needs to let ECW fans know that wrestling is a work.

We know it's a work. But ECW is the funnest work there is to be a part of.

We know it's a work, but ECW is a work that's the most fun.

The name calling as gotten a little out of hand here.

(Looks at S_D and Rudo)

You're right. It was getting out of hand. I'm only stooping to the level of people like Rudo, Angle-plex, & Loaded Glove. Those people started the ridiculousness. I'm merely defending the people they are insulting in the way they insult.

Yeah I know it wasn't you that started it...it was more Rudo being extremely sandy and spiteful for whatever reason/

A few off air notes and stuff from PWInsider:

When ECW One Night Stand ended, the ECW contingent continued to celebrate Rob Van Dam's title victory for another 15-20 minutes. Celebrating were Tommy Dreamer, Paul Heyman, Justin Credible, Balls Mahoney, Bill Alfonso, Mikey Whipwreck, Jason Knight, Lou D'Angeli (Sign Guy Dudley/Lou E. Dangerously), The Big Show, Kurt Angle, and former TNA star Trinity, who it would appear will be part of the new ECW. Heyman gave Trinity a big kiss at one point. They closed off with Tommy Dreamer and Tazz raising Van Dam and Paul Heyman's hands. Everyone left, leaving Van Dam with Bill Alfonso. They shook hands and Alfonso departed. Van Dam then did a curtain call, circling the ring to say goodbye to the ringside fans.

There were a ton more fans inside the Hammerstein Ballroom this year, as they extended the rows from 12 seats last year to 20 seats each on the floor and also sold a ton of standing room tickets at $50 a pop.

Chuck Zito ("Oz") and former TNA personality Jonny Fairplay were both in attendance, watching the show from the crowd. Former ECW personality Lance Wright was also in attendance.

WWE was selling T-shirts for the ECW event and the ECW company, as well as new T-shirts for Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, Sabu, and Terry Funk.

For those who asked, the new ECW referee was former TNA ref Mike Posey.

There was no dark match prior to the PPV. Joey Styles got a huge pop when he came out briefly before the crowd to check out the announcing area.

Alright, since I've explained in detail about why I enjoyed this PPV, explain to me in detail why Judgment Day was better than this show. And you better use valid points from Judgment Day and not just completely bash the ECW show. Do this without being stringent or insulting to people like you have been in this thread and you'll legitimize yourself.

I can only hope to legitimize myself in the eyes of the guy whose big rebuttal to my argument was.."YOU...YOU ANTI-ECW FAN!!!"

I've already explained why I didn't like the show. The FBI-Crazy/Tajiri match was good, and the 6-man match was great. Everything else was crap. The main event was a WWE style match that made RVD look like shit. You have the intial "RVD IS THE CHAMPION!!" boner right now, but much like the Hogan/Sting Starrcade 97 match, you'll realize just how stupid this finish was in a week or so. WWE.com is already treating it as if it means nothing.

Why was Judgement Day better? Because Finlay/Benoit and Mysterio/JBL were world's better than anything on this card. MNM/Kendrick & London was better than everything except the 6-man match, which it's probably on even par with, and that's only because Terry Funk is certifiably insane.

Actually, now that I think about it, Wrestlemania 22 was better too.

The direction they're going in is pretty obvious to me. Since a referee did not count the pin, Raw doesn't recognize the title victory by Van Dam, and Cena gets the belt back; however, ECW does recognize it, and names RVD "ECW World champion."

Why was Judgement Day better? Because Finlay/Benoit and Mysterio/JBL were world's better than anything on this card. MNM/Kendrick & London was better than everything except the 6-man match, which it's probably on even par with, and that's only because Terry Funk is certifiably insane.

You're not telling me WHY they were better. You're just saying they were.

And when the bell rang, Rob Van Dam made history and was declared the Champion. But what Championship did he win - was it the ECW or WWE Championship?

-- WWE.Com

The direction they're going in is pretty obvious to me. Since a referee did not count the pin, Raw doesn't recognize the title victory by Van Dam, and Cena gets the belt back; however, ECW does recognize it, and names RVD "ECW World champion."

Not only is that obvious now, but isn't that what pretty much EVERYONE thought would happen in the first place?

Hey guess what?

ECW fans and WWE fans like different things and get different levels of enjoyment from different things.

Rudo has his opinions. Some things he sees as "horrible". I saw similar horrible things.

But some look past that and find greater excitement in smaller things than some.

Tonight's ECW PPV was like a really hyped up hot chick that you get a big boner about that turns out to be a dude.

For some people, just getting a stiffy was good enough. So let them be happy about the PPV.

Maybe things will change as the TV show starts.

Controversy reigns supreme over the result of the WWE Championship match at ECW One Night Stand. Did John Cena really lose the WWE Championship? The Championship situation will be addressed right when RAW goes on the air tonight at 9/8 CT.

-- WWE.Com's front page

Guest Kobe24KGold

I don't know if this has already been mentioned yet, but did anyone notice that tonight the standard 20X20 WWE ring with ropes were used, as opposed to the 18X18 ECW ring with cables that was used last year?

You're not telling me WHY they were better. You're just saying they were.

What, do you need me to give you a play-by-play of the events? If you can't see why Benoit/Finlay was better than anything on this card without me explaining it to you, then the entire argument is pointless anyway. It was maybe the best match this year.

Rey/JBL told the "underdog face takes a beating, but makes a fiery comeback at the end against the bigger opponent" story excellently, and the spot with Rey bleeding under his mask beats anything ECW did tonight.

MNM/Kendrick & London was a great match that had a "classic" tag match feel to it. It was like something out of 1980's Tennesee or Georgia with the face-in-peril and hope spots and such. It was an excellent opener that got the crowd jacked.

Cry me a fucking river. Some people thought that ONS was great (I did) and some people didn't. Get over the difference of opinion and just shut the fuck up already.

Benoit/Finlay was booked differently, as was the entire PPV, than the ECW show. This was about brawling, grudges, and moving away from WWE after the matches. Stop comparing apples to oranges.

"the spot with Rey bleeding under his mask beats anything ECW did tonight"

Sabu DDT.

- MNM/Kendrick & London was a great match that had a "classic" tag match feel to it. -

Cause in the "classic" days they took two cruisers who who were a combined 1-15 on TV and the fans could not possibly take LESS seriously and then devalue the tag champs by jobbing them 5 times and then booking a PPV match between them. "Classic feel". It was a good WWE tag match.

"It was like something out of 1980's Tennesee or Georgia with the face-in-peril and hope spots and such."

Dear God. Just because you write for this site doesn't mean you have to embarass yourself by trying to sound like a DVDVR writer who's pimping historical goodness, and then not even coming close to any type of sane thought.

If you guys want some hilarity, head over to John Cena's MySpace right now. The ECW mutants (and I use that term lovingly) have invaded the comment board and its turned into "Cena is a fucking garbage wrestler" vs "WHO DA FUK U THINK U R CENA RULZ"

Sabu DDT.

Very good spot. Not as good, though.

Cause in the "classic" days they took two cruisers who who were a combined 1-15 on TV and the fans could not possibly take LESS seriously and then devalue the tag champs by jobbing them 5 times and then booking a PPV match between them. "Classic feel". It was a good WWE tag match.

Kendrick and London are over pretty well considering the fact that they just came out of nowhere and appeared on TV to feud with MNM.

Hyperbole aside, it was a great match either way, and the fact that their cruiserweight's means absolutely nothing.

You forget that Kendrick and London wrestle on Smackdown.

Which averages, what, 5 matches a show?

A Tatanka vignette. A Jillian match. The World Champ getting squashed. Bobby Lashley acting like Goldberg. And Finley with a Leprechaun.

I'd pop somewhat for a normal tag team match.

Heh. ECW.Com spelled Beulah's name wrong.

EDGE, MICK FOLEY & LITA DEF. TERRY FUNK, TOMMY DREAMER & BEAULAH