TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

ECW One Night Stand 2 Thread

WWE.com reports that the WWE Title situation will be cleared up tonight when RAW starts. The plan at this point seems to be to leave the WWE Title on Rob Van Dam

Thank God.

If you guys want some hilarity, head over to John Cena's MySpace right now. The ECW mutants (and I use that term lovingly) have invaded the comment board and its turned into "Cena is a fucking garbage wrestler" vs "WHO DA FUK U THINK U R CENA RULZ"

CENA'S ON RIGHT NOW!!!!

RAMPAGE!!!!

Cena's fans make me die a little inside.

Most of them are chunky girls with Cena's name in their SN.

Heyman liked how this show came off?....ugh. I'll still give it a chance but if Heyman liked last night show that's not a good sign. The finish to the main event was more like WCW than any TNA show I've seen recently. It was Sting/Hogan with Heyman playing Hart's role. This finish hurt everyone involved in my eyes. The workers gave it everything they had last night but the bookers didn't give them much to work with.

Cena on ECW's first show? All signs show that WWE thinks they need the WWE guys in ECW to attract an audience which won't work for establishing it as an alternative brand

I personally enjoyed the "Batista" chant towards the end of the match and the look on Cena's face then...

Why in God's name would they be chanting for batista?

So . . . the crowd heat made the ppv? So if I wanted to buy it when it comes out on dvd, how much of the crowd heat would be edited?

Should be interesting to see how the crowd reacts from now on since niether the 'E or the new ECW wrestlers will be in front of a crowd like the one from the ppv.

They should never have Cena on ECW TV. No matter where the SD/ECW tapings are held, Cena will never get the type of reaction that we saw at ONS2 at any ECW taping. You'll have women and young children there to see SD, and we all know what will come from that.

I broke down and ordered the show last night...first PPV I've gotten since maybe SummerSlam, and with that in mind I was a little bit disappointed even if the show wasn't necessarily bad.

I enjoyed RVD/Cena aside from the finish. They really could have done without the Edge run-in though, as it made RVD look pretty weak IMO.

I actually liked Angle/Orton a lot, but mainly for the crowd reaction. I liked how at one point, Orton went for the chinlock and the fans started chanting "you can't wrestle" at him. He had the hold applied for maybe a second or so before Kurt immediately counters out of it, almost as if he was proving the crowd's point. Doesn't read all that well from my description, but I got a laugh outta that spot. And Orton's post-match selling was pretty funny as well.

Rey and Sabu was going ok until the stoppage, although to be honest I didn't care for the match too much. Same for the Extreme tag match, although I did like the spot where Terry got injured, only to come back later in the match. Yeah it's been done about a million times, but the fact that the World Title match had just ended with an injury gave the storyline a little more impact.

The rest of the show was just disappointing for me to be honest. Balls and Tanaka could've been a lot better considering what they've done together in the past, the Tajiri match had a couple of nice spots, but I could never really get into it, the Eugene/Sandman thing seemed nice on paper, but really fell flat with me for some reason (I thought Sandman came off like a dick...and I don't even like Eugene), and if anything else happened on the show, I can't remember it off hand.

And I know it's been said, but they really could've benefitted from using the old ECW songs for the wrestlers. They could've at least busted out "Walk" or whatever RVD's old song was called, even if it was just a one night thing.

I really want them to leave the title on RVD.

Rooting for him to one day be World Champion is pretty much the only mark out moment I've had left. (Until Joe chokes out Sting).

It kind of sucks that I have to wait until the day after he (maybe) won the title to do so...

But if his name goes in the WWE title lineage...then it was worth it to me.

Cena on ECW's first show? All signs show that WWE thinks they need the WWE guys in ECW to attract an audience which won't work for establishing it as an alternative brand

They kind of have to - to start.

Hence why they moved more mainstream stars like Angle, Big Show and RVD (yes, like it or not the guy has been in WWE since the Alliance days and is more mainstream than, say Balls Mahoney) over to the new brand, so that mainstream/casual fans can pick up on it and NOT have to know the entire history of ECW. They've said a MILLION times that this is NOT going to be the ECW of old, so I don't know why everyone is getting all up in arms about the cross-over aspect. You're stupid if you thought that Vince would let something he's investing money in (and owns) just fly around of it's own free will under someone elses guidance. It ain't gonna happen. So either stop being so up tight and get over it, or just don't watch.

I was in attendance last night. It was awesome. I had a great time. Although the matches seemed very short except for Dreamers match. Balls vs Tanaka was dissapointing. I was expecting table spots galore like their old matches together.

No matter where the SD/ECW tapings are held, Cena will never get the type of reaction that we saw at ONS2 at any ECW taping. You'll have women and young children there to see SD, and we all know what will come from that.

That I 100% agree with. They should just bite the bullet and tape (or broadcast live) the ECW house shows as their TV events.

the Eugene/Sandman thing seemed nice on paper, but really fell flat with me for some reason (I thought Sandman came off like a dick...and I don't even like Eugene)

And I know it's been said, but they really could've benefitted from using the old ECW songs for the wrestlers. They could've at least busted out "Walk" or whatever RVD's old song was called, even if it was just a one night thing.

I was half hoping for Eugene to drop the gimmick and join ECW in one of those "worked/shoot" moments.

As for the songs, I think they would have done so if they weren't trying to ween the older fans away from associating the wrestlers with the music that they can't or won't get licenses for.

I should also note that this is the first WWE-related ppv I've watched live since the Rumble where HHH fought Steiner (and that was in the theatre for a much lower price). The concept interested me enough to purchase it and I came away happy with what I paid for.

If you guys want some hilarity, head over to John Cena's MySpace right now. The ECW mutants (and I use that term lovingly) have invaded the comment board and its turned into "Cena is a fucking garbage wrestler" vs "WHO DA FUK U THINK U R CENA RULZ"

CENA'S ON RIGHT NOW!!!!

RAMPAGE!!!!

Cena's fans make me die a little inside.

Most of them are chunky girls with Cena's name in their SN.

Ya, those fans make me a little sick...

Especially the guys...

Thats just sad...

The 2 things that made me CRACK up during the ECW PPV

-The zoomup on the black guy throwing that Cena shirt back..that guy's facial reaction was priceless...

-The voice of that doctor that appeared during the Rey/Sabu match...

My Thoughts on the PPV.

Now let me be honest. If things went better for WWE (Beniot out for a sabbatical because of sholder problems and his wife that cant lift a thing because of cancer, Awsome being injered so no second match with Tananka which was planned) this PPV would have been a more the first ONS. If it HHH verses RVD then it would have cemented this PPV as better than ONS.

But such is life, and things fell the way they did. But as for this PPV. It was better than expected. Now dont get me wrong, this isnt 1995-1998. And people going to use 1995 as a baramitor of what will happen in 2006, has to be kidding themselfs.

This has to be a new ECW. Sure, the first ONS showed how much better Heyman was in booking. This ONS however, Laranits, while he will never will be as good as Heyman did the best he can with what he has.

Now as for you people saying Judgment Day was better than ONS, thats fine, I consider ONS just as good as WM22. They were trying to restart a brand, as much as WM22 was trying to save one. The sad thing about Rudo doesnt get is, he might just understand this.

Rudo, this is one of the best PPV's in rebirthing a promotion i have ever seen. It gives TNA pause, and gets them to work harder. If the new ECW succeds, it helps both The Brand and TNA because of this. You think you can have your hardcore and all this. While your anger is warrented, consider this.

You cant win on Nolstaliga. This is the problem with many of the returning cartoons from the 80's. Its a rose color glasses issue. Steph wants to make the buisness "Hollywood", and you dont want to go that route. Rudo, you can be serious in telling me that you back Steph? The writing is bad as it has ever been. Its so badly scripted from jumpstreet and the future stars cant be made because of this. You back this side of the business Rudo?

One of the reasons why ECW came back was to prove to Steph that you cant send hollyweird writers to book shows. God Rudo, they have 15 damn weeks. It wasnt gonna beat last weeks show, because life happens and people couldnt make it there, but it was good as for what it did. Tuseday, this 5 year slumber the american buisness has been in ends, and we start the long road back to prosperity. CANT YOU SEE THAT?

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not, but...

I know this can't be the old ECW. But you can't really say Sandman coming out to lame generic music is better than Sandman coming out to Enter Sandman. You can't say that Balls vs. Tanaka in a match that was maybe 5 minutes long and ended with a single chair shot was better than what they could have done given more time (in other words, their HH2000 match). This "new" ECW seems a lot like the "old" WWE. And by that I mean, the WWE from 2001-on. I am all for a new ECW, it's just this new ECW is god awful.

Like I asked before, are you even going to bother watching the new ECW TV? Or are you going to give it a chance even after the PPV?

Just to clear everything up, Nancy "Woman" Benoit does NOT have cancer. I don't know where whoever said that got that from, but she's recovering from neck fusion surgery.

The July 4th ECW at New Alhambra in Philly show is a TV taping for Sci Fi.

So are you implying that it is an ECW taping that is absent from being attached to a Smackdown taping? I mean I almost would yearn for a smackdown taping in front of the ECW Arena crowd just for the chants.....of course they would probably be edited out by the time Friday rolled around.

I read a few minutes ago that RVD is going to be at the Vengeance press conference. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there an ECW house show that same night? Man, I'd be ultra pissed if I had tickets for that show expecting to see RVD: WWE champion. Meanwhile he's off at the PPV jobbing the belt in a 3 way.

About all they really can do with this if they leave the belt on RVD is do that 3 way, then have him not factor into the decision. Heyman won't recognize this as a title change since in ECW a 3 way is elimination style. Thus, the WWE title is back on Raw, RVD can still be ECW champ since Heyman won't recognize that title change, and RVD can stay strong.

This is why I hate Triple Threat matches. Everyone says "well since RVD doesn't get pinned he will still look strong" Sorry I call bullshit, because usually with Triple Threat matches, the two guys that are involved in the pin, go on to feud for the title, while the other guy is the odd man out and soon forgotten about.

I don't think it would be a good idea to send RVD off to ECW full time coming off a big PPV LOSS. It just seems stupid.

The July 4th show is being taped for the Sci-Fi network. Whether or not this means "Lets look at clips from our live event from the arena!", OR "let's show 2 matches from SD! and 2 matches from another venue" OR "this whole episode is from the arena", who knows.

I recorded the re-run and watched a little more and have come to the conclusion that ECW has the biggest ratio of dumb marks to real wrestling fans in the world of wrestling.

Case in point:

'Eugene sucks', but when Spike Dudley came in with the 'mentally retarded' gimmick, they loved it. Because it was ECW. And ECW fans are blind marks for anything ECW does.

Angle walked out on ECW because what they were doing was 'too extreme' for him, but now he's the messiah of professional wrestling.

You're joking right? It had nothing to do with the hold, but rather who was applying it. Angle was the face to the fans. Orton was the heel. Not that complicated, dude.

No, the ECW fans were trying to be smart as usual and came up short, as usual.

I tried to like it, I really did. I put aside all the things I hate about this new ECW, I tried to forget it's just a marketing ploy. But I'm completely with Rudo. The fans seemed dumber than ever. The best match was Orton (WWE) vs. Angle (WWE). All my misconceptions of ECW, bang on. At first, I felt kinda sorry for the ECW fans who'd buy into this con. After seeing how fucking dumb and disrespectful they by and large are, I couldn't care less.