TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SpikeFayeJettEdBebop

HBO Sunday Night Lineup

Finally, am I the only one who finds the gal who plays Louie's wife attractive?

absolutely not. I think she's hot as hell. I don't know what Louie was smoking when he said she USED to be hot.

My favorite line I've ever heard on Entourage was uttered by Jeremy Piven last night: "I knew you liked dick, Babs, but I never knew you were a cocksucker." pure (ari) gold.

Yeah, I finally caught a whole episode of Lucky Louie tonight. That show's fucking hilarious. I think it's definitely the timing of the actors, as they seemingly just take basic ideas and execute them perfectly.

Oh, and I agree that Louie's wife's hot as hell. A lot of it's the character, but the whole smart confident woman that's just a little bit slutty definitely works for her.

Anyway, after one ep, the show has basically earned "record every week and watch almost immediately" status for me. Even though I liked Entourage quite a bit this week, I'd have to say I'm looking forward to the next Lucky Louie more than the next Entourage right now.

Since I tend to notice weird shit, am I the only one who finds something really perverse with Jim Norton's character wearing a "Wild & Crazy Kids" shirt in a couple of the episodes?

he did? hmmm, I thought he kinda got out of the way while his crew got beat around? Sorta like how Vince stayed out of the mix.

Drama punch him right after the one in front of E

Yeah, I think Seth got hit second, but I am not positive either. The stuff with Drama and Ken was priceless between the California almonds to getting mad at Ken "working on" someone else it was great!

he did? hmmm, I thought he kinda got out of the way while his crew got beat around? Sorta like how Vince stayed out of the mix.

Drama punch him right after the one in front of E

Actually it looks like Drama took out the guy in front and Eric reached over him and clocked Seth.

Great episode, Lucky Louie was awesome too.

"I know, it's just that I'm in the place where they, in order for me to leave they need you to give them..... bail."

"You're only sorry because you're in jail."

"Well that's the point of jail!"

It seems like Entourage has gone from being the episodic show it was in the first two seasons to being a sort of "Episode by episode" show now. I mean they still have lingering storylines, but they don't carry nearly the same arc or importance that they did previously. Personally, while it is still relatively entertaining, I still think it pales in comparison to Seasons 1 and 2.

Guest guerillagenius
Agreed.

And I won't even bother ranting on the lack of Deadwood love in this thread. The best show on TV in maybe its best season yet and nobody gives a fuck.

While Deadwood is very good, The Wire is infact the best show on TV.

Agreed.

And I won't even bother ranting on the lack of Deadwood love in this thread. The best show on TV in maybe its best season yet and nobody gives a fuck.

While Deadwood is very good, The Wire is infact the best show on TV.

True dat.

That's a tough call for me. I love The Wire as well but I'll have to wait until we get Season 3 in my stores shipment tommorow to make a complete judgement.

I'd give a kidney to see Stringer Bell vs Al Swearengen in place where time stands still, though.

Guest guerillagenius
That's a tough call for me. I love The Wire as well but I'll have to wait until we get Season 3 in my stores shipment tommorow to make a complete judgement.

I'd give a kidney to see Stringer Bell vs Al Swearengen in place where time stands still, though.

Stringer can't fight, gimme Avon Barksdale in a fight straight up vs Al Swearengen (Avon was gold gloves).

Also if you haven't seen Season 3 of The Wire than you haven't seen the best season of the show. The preview for Season 4 looks awesome, they show Omar sticking up Barlow's pokergame.

I'm a johnny-come-lately Wire fan...they're showing all the seasons again on On Demand prior to Season 4. The first season was awesome, got me hooked. I had trouble getting through the first episode of Season 2 though. We'll see how the rest of it goes as I try to catch more this weekend.

I could never get into Deadwood, which is sad because I like a good western.

Guest guerillagenius
I'm a johnny-come-lately Wire fan...they're showing all the seasons again on On Demand prior to Season 4. The first season was awesome, got me hooked. I had trouble getting through the first episode of Season 2 though. We'll see how the rest of it goes as I try to catch more this weekend.

I could never get into Deadwood, which is sad because I like a good western.

I will warn you, Season 2 of The Wire is no where near as good as Season 1. It actually almost got the series cancelled, but if you make it through you will see the best season of television I've ever seen (Season 3).

Nah, season 2 was awesome as well. I'll admit it was dissapointing at first because they'd built up all the characters in the projects so amazingly that it was a bit strange to change the focus the way they did. But nevertheless, once you get into season 2, it's just as riviting. And then yeah, season 3 is mind blowingly awesome.

I can't wait for season 4.