TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

"Earthquake" John Tenta passes away

John "Earthquake" Tenta passed away this morning at the age of 42 after a lengthy battle with bladder cancer. Tenta is survived by his wife and three kids.

:(

Guest BarnacleBill

John "Earthquake" Tenta passes away

June 7, 2006

John "Earthquake" Tenta passed away this morning at the age of 42 after a lengthy battle with bladder cancer. Tenta is survived by his wife and three kids.

WWE.com

That's too bad. At least he put up a good fight and lasted a lot longer than he was supposed to, from what I understand.

I hope WWE does a small tribute to him on an upcoming show or something.

Back around '90 he was one of the few heel wrestlers that I was legitimately scared of.

Guest Coffey

I wonder if they'll do one of those "In Memory Of" pictures before the WWE Vs. ECW show tonight.

Totally. Easily my favourite Hulkamania enemy as a kid. That time he put Hogan out of commission on the Brother Love show was like heaven for me back in the day.

Mark Henry should put an extra bit of zip in his splash these days in memorium.

Here's hoping the fans at the ECW/WWE show bring Rey back to life with dueling "Eddie" and "Tenta" chants.

Now see, I was the toal opposite. I was a huge Hogan mark, and seeing him get killed on The Brother Love Show scared the shit out of me back in the day. His debut where he squashes The Warrior on the other hand......

So, Let's discuss, what's your favorite Earthquake match / moment? The one segment that always sticks out in my mind was his feud with Yokozuna in 1994, which led to the Sumo Match on RAW. It was pretty stupid, but it was different at the same time. I remember being pissed too the enxt week then they replaced Eqarthquake in the KOTR tournament with Doink, after showing clips of him getting squashed at a House Show.

I was a Hogan mark up until Andre turned on him. I guess I got jaded with his gimmick at an early age. :lol:

My favourite EQ moment had to be his debut where he squashes the Warrior. It's cliche nowadays, but back then (especially as a kid/mark) you never saw that coming!! :D

Guest Coffey

As long as he doesn't read anymore poetry.

Guest Doombiscuit

That's a real shame. I was terrified of Earthquake when I was a kid but used to love playing him on the old WWF Wrestlefest arcade game. Always came across as a nice guy in interviews as well. I'm sure WWE will do some form of tribute, he was a big star in his day.

Guest Overworked

RIP Earthquake.

One of my first and favorite moments was his match with Hercules. When he went outside and Jimmy Hart showed that he was bleeding from the nose, Earthquake shouted "Hes a Dead Man!" went back in and totally squashed Herc.

well with both now in the Heaven Wrestling Federation, maybe they can rematch.

I was just thinking about WrestleFest as well. The first time I'd played it a friend and I picked Demolition for the Royal Rumble mode and it came down to us versus CPU EQ. We had to both pile on for the double-pin to eliminate him.

I'm really shocked at his age, though. That would've made him only 26 when he debuted in 1989.

As long as he doesn't read anymore poetry.

LIES!

"The Burn" or "The Fire" or whatever it was called was fucking beautiful.

Does anyone have a recent picture of John? I don't believe I've actually seen the poor guy since the gimmick battle royal at Wrestlemania X-7.

R.I.P.

I heard his interview on Wrestlecrap Radio. He sounded like a very good man. I hope he rests in peace.

By the way, here's the link to the interview:

http://www.wrestlecrap.com/wrestlecrapradi...radio111805.mp3

Edited by Masked Man of Mystery

In the last Wrestlecrap/Tenta update, the news weren't too good and they said the doctors gave him 18 months max. Even though it was bound to happen, it's still sad to hear this. Cancer is a terrible thing.

R.I.P.