TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Prime Time Andrew Doyle

OAO Raw Thread- 12 June 2006

Im shocked that DX/SS isnt HIAC.

It's been a while since they used it; hence, they can't overuse it yet. Anyone else think the Elim. Chamber will be making a reappearence at SumSlam?

Who would be in it?

And I hope you mean for Raw. If it was tried for Smackdown they'd be using a third of the roster.

Well isn't it becoming pretty obvious that there isn't a whole lot that hasn't already been done? Sitcoms that run for so many years eventually get stale and shitty as well, so what happens? They make a new sitcom with new characters that end up using the same damn storylines over and over again.

I like that most of you hate this.

I love it, of course.

DH,

I'm usually with you on the "this board is too jaded to just enjoy and mark out" but there was absolutely nothing remotely awesome or even good about the DX stuff.

Guest StylesMark

Funny how it's always the same people who criticize EVERYTHING about wrestling here. Why do you watch? What is so bad about WWE going back to things that were successful as opposed to the garbage you guys have complained about for the past few years? What really would make you happy?

All Benoit, all the time.

No.

Well isn't it becoming pretty obvious that there isn't a whole lot that hasn't already been done? Sitcoms that run for so many years eventually get stale and shitty as well, so what happens? They make a new sitcom with new characters that end up using the same damn storylines over and over again.

That's where creative shows like Entourage and Arrested Development come in. They break all the standards and reinvent the concept and it gets copied and some new scheme is created 10 years later.

Honestly, as perfect as that would have been to culminate three months of build with that(DX Reunion) at the end of the show(in Vince's mind) they must have something pretty interesting planned for Cena/Edge.

Guest StylesMark

Hopefully, Lita looks extra slutty tonight.

That is like hoping KFC will be extra greasy.

It always gives me the shits.

Well Entourage is a great show but how great can AD be when it gets cancelled? Hell even the king of HBO Sopranos has been dying a slow painful death the last couple seasons unfortunately.

Honestly, as perfect as that would have been to culminate three months of build with that at the end of the show(in Vince's mind) they must have something pretty interesting planned for Cena/Edge.

Im wondering if its for Edge's #1 contender spot.

Well Entourage is a great show but how great can AD be when it gets cancelled? Hell even the king of HBO Sopranos has been dying a slow painful death the last couple seasons unfortunately.

The establishment fears change and held AD down.

I'm thinking Cena gets the upper hand and RVD interferes allowing Edge to get the pin as a "get back" for Edge for last night.

Guest The Great Muta
Honestly, as perfect as that would have been to culminate three months of build with that at the end of the show(in Vince's mind) they must have something pretty interesting planned for Cena/Edge.

Im wondering if its for Edge's #1 contender spot.

From what I've been hearing, they are probably gonna just have a three-way at Vengeance between RVD, Cena, and Edge with Edge probably (hopefully) coming out on top.

It took shows like Cheers 3 seasons to get big ratings and after that, it was a ratings machine. AD got canceled because in today's world of television, you MUST get big ratings right away. It survived for 2 more seasons on the strength of the show and it's critical popularity.

Ratings have no effect on the actual quality of a show like AD.

Guest The Great Muta
The more they promote See No Evil the less I want to see it.

It's not a good movie to begin with...don't waste your time.

The establishment fears change and held AD down.

That's why they kept the show on beyond what most getting the same ratings would have done. FOX did everything to get AD over but America wasn't ready for it.

Guest StylesMark
The more they promote See No Evil the less I want to see it.

Much like Nacho Libre.

Dude, you could be beheaded by not respecting AD on this board...and I'm with those people, the show was great.

Cancellation immediately equals crap to you? Does that mean According to Jim is awesome?

Im shocked that DX/SS isnt HIAC.

It's been a while since they used it; hence, they can't overuse it yet. Anyone else think the Elim. Chamber will be making a reappearence at SumSlam?

Who would be in it?

And I hope you mean for Raw. If it was tried for Smackdown they'd be using a third of the roster.

I'm trying to think of who would be in it from SD. Rey, Batista, Finley, Mark Henry, Booker T, and Lashley? There couldn't be much of an undercard if that match headlined.