TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

NHL 2006 Off-Season...

Northeast is home to Northwest. That's cool -- all the Canadian teams will come around here at least once.

Can't say that I'm too upset that the Sens don't have to play the Pacific.

Of note:

11-11-6- Habs v. Leafs (HOF game)

11-28-6- Anaheim v. Oilers (Pronger's first game back in Edmonton...although he might not make the flight (personal reasons))

12-6-6- Canes v. Oilers (SCF rematch)

1-13-7- Hockey Day in Canada (Habs v. Sens; Nucks v. Leafs; Oil v. Flames)

For "interleague" games, it's:

NE @ Central; v. NW (Bruins @ Blues; Wild @ Bruins)

SE @ NW; v. Pacific (Thrashers @ Canucks; Ducks @ Thrashers)

Atlantic @ Pacific; v. Central (Devils @ Ducks; Blackhawks @ Devils)

Bruins open on the road because of the goddamn circus, but then have 6 straight at home. I like opening on the road though...brings the team together and allows them to gel early on in the season. Especially against the Blues and Isles. It's feasible that the Bruins come home with four wins.

MONTREAL - The Montreal Canadiens announced the acquisition of forward Mike Johnson from the Phoenix Coyotes for the Canadiens' fourth round draft pick in 2007 as well as the trade of forward Richard Zednik to the Washington Capitals in return for the Capitals' third round draft pick in 2007.

The Montreal Canadiens re-signed David Aebischer to a $1.9-million US, one-year contract Wednesday.

Canadiens signed Sergei Samsonov. REALLY good signing.

...Wait and see how that works out though. If he didn't like playing in Boston, where hockey is greeted with mostly apathy, he's in for a rude awakening. The price is OK, but I'll wait until Sergei shows any of the usual frailty that he showed in Boston.

I like Mike Johnson and don't like Samsonov. The Habs are easily the softest team in the league, and they will be murdered on any given night. Chris Neil's going to be able to take runs at will.

I like Johnson coming a lot. Props to Gainey who at least seems to be making an effort to counter the problem of the Habs being so small, especially up front.

Granted, I'm taller than Sergei, but I like these deals a lot. Zednik never did quite become all he could of. I was beginning to think he was a bad locker room guy, especially the way they had talked of trading him over the last 17 months.

If we can just get one big defenceman, I'll be really happy with our starting six. If Higgins, Ryder(provded he re-signs), Komisarek and Ribero all play like they can, I'll be every excited.

Max, Chara could feasibly kill anybody. He's the Undertaker, for christ sakes.

I know, but I see the Bruins without an enforcer or physical presence outside of the Big Z. Then I see L'il Mike Ribeiro skating without a care across the middle of the ice and getting hit by Chara so hard that we all know that Mikey ain't faking it this time.

Pair him with Alberts and they could end lives.

Then I see L'il Mike Ribeiro skating without a care across the middle of the ice and getting hit by Chara so hard that we all know that Mikey ain't faking it this time.

We can hope, can't we?

'Canes raise the Stanley Cup banner against the Buffalo Sabres. That could get ugly.

It's Buffalo. They can't hate anyone enough for it to get ugly.

The Eastern Conference Finals are still fresh in everyone's minds. Sabres' fans still hate the 'Canes' fans and the 'Canes' fans still hate the Sabres' fans. I didn't mean it would get ugly on the ice, I meant it might get ugly in the stands.

I doubt there'd be many Sabres fans in the stands for that game. Why would they put themselves through having to watch the team that beat them raise their banner, for just another regular-season game?

I doubt there'd be many Sabres fans in the stands for that game. Why would they put themselves through having to watch the team that beat them raise their banner, for just another regular-season game?

I've already heard that alot of Sabres' fans plan to snatch up all the tickets they can as soon as they go on sale, simply to "boo" as loud as possible as the banner is being raised. Aside from that, there were plenty of fights between fans throughout the ECF and I wouldn't expect anything more from the same Sabres' fans this time.

Guest Felonies!

It's not even that I like the Sabres and need to go to bat for them; I don't really give a shit one way or the other about either of Buffalo's teams. You're just getting really irritating with this Sabres-baiting nonsense.

It's not even that I like the Sabres and need to go to bat for them; I don't really give a shit one way or the other about either of Buffalo's teams. You're just getting really irritating with this Sabres-baiting nonsense.

I responded to CanadianChris' question.

Hasek use his money to start an expansion franchise, so he can be the starting goaltender.

But in all seriousness...

He'll probably go to Pittsburgh. I think if he doesn't tear his knee, groin, or __________, he could lead them to playoffs and then dissapear.

Why Pittsburgh? Wouldn't they want M-A Fleury to step in and start being a serious NHL goaltender and not risk their entire season on Hasek's wonky legs?

I'd say Hasek goes to Florida.

Toronto.

Just to make everything more frustrating for Leaf fans.

Oh, and I expect after 10 games of the season, Carolina will have five dollar tickets for sale.

Pros: Getting Mike Johnson and Sergei Samsonov. Really surprised on the Samsonov signing and could help the second line out more, and with Mike Johnson with the line up add some toughness.

Cons: Getting paid way too much, both players, and Montreal has a tendancy to bench or short time a lot of physical players.