TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

NHL 2006 Off-Season...

Andrew Peters might be one of the odd men out of Buffalo. If Shanahan doesn't pan out, I wouldn't mind the Broons getting Peters to be their punch in the face contest participant. I'd've preferred Laraque, but he went to the Dogs.

If I had to pick one of Buffalo's players, I would pick Tim Connolly. I know why this is happening, and it's because Regier lowballed all of them like he did McKee. He tried to get McKee to play there for half of what he got.

They're losing Afinogenov.

If I had to pick one of Buffalo's players, I would pick Tim Connolly. I know why this is happening, and it's because Regier lowballed all of them like he did McKee. He tried to get McKee to play there for half of what he got.

They're losing Afinogenov.

Agreed on all three counts. Also wouldn't mind seeing Gaustad in the black and gold.

If Connolly can get over his concussion issues, he'll be a steal on someone's second or third line.

Here's the full list.

Anaheim Ducks

Chris Kunitz

Vitaly Vishnevski

Atlanta Thrashers

Niko Kapanen

Boston Bruins

David Tanabe

Buffalo Sabres

Maxim Afinogenov

Daniel Briere

Brian Campbell

Tim Connolly

Jean-Pierre Dumont

Paul Gaustad

Ales Kotalik

Toni Lydman

Adam Mair

Andrew Peters

Jason Pominville

Henrik Tallinder

Chicago Blackhawks

Mark Bell

Kyle Calder

Mikael Holmqvist

Jim Vandermeer

Radim Vrbata

Colorado Avalanche

Brett McLean

John-Michael Liles

Columbus Blue Jackets

Jason Chimera

Detroit Red Wings

Daniel Cleary

Jason Williams

Edmonton Oilers

Ales Hemsky

Shawn Horcoff

Jarret Stoll

Florida Panthers

Bryan Allen

Craig Anderson

Jay Bouwmeester

Richard Jackman

Juraj Kolnik

Steve Montador

Mike Van Ryn

Stephen Weiss

Los Angeles Kings

Sean Avery

Eric Belanger

Michael Cammalleri

Montreal Canadiens

Michael Ryder

Nashville Predators

Martin Erat

Adam Hall

Scott Hartnell

David Legwand

New Jersey Devils

Scott Gomez

New York Islanders

Arron Asham

Mike York

New York Rangers

Dominic Moore

Ottawa Senators

Martin Havlat

Chris Kelly

Chris Neil

Peter Schaefer

Antoine Vermette

Philadelphia Flyers

R.J. Umberger

Phoenix Coyotes

Mike Comrie

Ladislav Nagy

Dennis Seidenberg

Pittsburgh Penguins

Ryan Malone

Brooks Orpik

San Jose Sharks

Mark Smith

Tampa Bay Lightning

Ruslan Fedotenko

Cory Sarich

Washington Capitals

Matt Bradley

Ben Clymer

Rico Fata

Shaone Morrisonn

Matt Pettinger

Brian Sutherby

Good players that may be left to pick from.

Bye Tanabe. Thanks for the...uh...well...they dumped Scatchard's salary in that trade.

Bell, Calder, Vandermeer and Morrisonn are underrated players. Bell and Calder have been stuck playing in Chicago. I want Morrisonn back after he was given away for Gonchar. Vandermeer is a good team player as well.

All of Chicago's guys are gone, because Wirtz deems it as an insult to do that. What a fucking moron.

Havlat and Gomez are gone in some way, maybe Mike Comrie too. Avery and Belanger are gone, thank God. The two biggest cancers that can't keep their mouths shut.

Baron or anyone else, did you see Jonathan Bernier or Joe Ryan in the Q?

EDITED at 1230 AM, The Kings plan on extending Cloutier and trading Garon or LaBarbera. This dude Lombardi is seriously doing a hell of a lot.

I don't know if it was mentioned in the previous page, but Flames signed Jeff Fresien. Good signing, gives us more offensive depth.

Oh man I would love to see Ryan Malone playing for Les Habitants.

No King, I rarely even get the Q unless its playoff season. I'm more focused on the OHL instead.

He's not that underrated. He's as good as the team in front of him, no better. He's probably the worst goalie to have won the Stanley Cup in the last 30 years.

And 300 wins isn't that impressive when you figure he's been in the league for 12 years, most of which were with Detroit. There are a LOT of goalies who could have won 300 games for Detroit in the 90s.

Season Team League GP W L T MIN GA SO GAA

1993-94 Detroit NHL 41 23 8 5 2206 105 2 2.86

1994-95 Detroit NHL 19 14 5 0 1087 41 1 2.26

1995-96 Detroit NHL 50 39 6 5 2933 106 5 2.17

1996-97 Detroit NHL 47 23 13 9 2769 106 6 2.30

1997-98 Detroit NHL 64 33 20 11 3807 140 6 2.21

1998-99 Detroit NHL 63 34 25 4 3691 149 3 2.42

1999-2000 Detroit NHL 53 30 14 8 3148 126 6 2.40

2000-01 Detroit NHL 52 25 19 4 2834 127 1 2.69

2001-02 Islanders NHL 66 32 25 6 3743 156 4 2.50

2002-03 Islanders NHL 37 17 14 4 1993 97 2 2.92

2002-03 St. Louis NHL 9 4 3 2 532 27 2 3.05

2003-04 St. Louis NHL 67 31 25 8 3861 144 3 2.24

2004-05 Did Not Play

2005-06 Detroit NHL 32 20 6 0 1846 85 2 2.76

Career NHL 600 325 183 66 34,448 1409 43 2.45

Don't forget, he was an Islander and Blue as well. As for worst goalie to win a Cup, it would have to be Nikolai Khabulin, Mr. Inconsistent.

Don't forget, he was an Islander and Blue as well. As for worst goalie to win a Cup, it would have to be Nikolai Khabulin, Mr. Inconsistent.

X

The 2002 Red Wings are quite possibly the best team to win the Cup in the last 15 years. They could have had a fucking barrel playing net street hockey style and they would have still won the Cup. Osgood is the most overrated goaltender in the NHL. Khabibulin is inconsistant, but he at least was a good enough piece of the machine in Tampa. Osgood was along for the ride.

True about Khabibulin (about him being inconsistent, not the worst goalie to win the Cup) but at least he's had some elite seasons. Osgood had some above-average seasons, but not nearly as good, and obviously was helped out by the Wings team. One number I don't see there is Save Percentage. His career best SVP (not including the lockout year) was .913, which is pretty good but not elite. It was very impressive of him to rebound strongly with the Blues in 03-04 after coming off a very horrible season, I'll give him that.

At this point in his career, Osgood is a good backup, but he shouldn't be a starting goalie on a team that wants to contend.

X

The 2002 Red Wings are quite possibly the best team to win the Cup in the last 15 years. They could have had a fucking barrel playing net street hockey style and they would have still won the Cup. Osgood is the most overrated goaltender in the NHL. Khabibulin is inconsistant, but he at least was a good enough piece of the machine in Tampa. Osgood was along for the ride.

Detroit had Hasek in net that year. The '98 Wings, who Osgood started for throughout the entire year, are no slouches either. Mike Vernon was the playoff starter for the 1997 champs.

TSN's daily rumour mill-

Flyers forward Simon Gagne did not file for arbitration. "We want a long-term contract and the Flyers want a long-term contract," Gagne said from Quebec, "We started talking last week, and hopefully we will find a solution." Bob Sauve, who represents Gagne, rejected the Flyers' initial four-year proposal last week and countered with his own. Gagne is seeking about $5 million per season. - Philadelphia Inquirer

The Detroit Red Wings have offered forward Brendan Shanahan one- and two-year deals each worth approximately $4 million per season, almost double the $2.28 million Shanahan made last year. Other teams interested are reported to be Boston, the New York Rangers, Montreal and Los Angeles. - Detroit Free Press and Detroit News

The Red Wings put prospective goaltender Ed Belfour through a three-hour physical Wednesday at the Detroit Medical Center. Afterward, Belfour met again with general manager Ken Holland, then left for the airport. Holland did not return a phone call, but if Belfour, who is coming off back surgery, passes the medical tests, the Wings will offer him a contract. The Panathers are also reportedly interested in Belfour as a backup. - Detroit News and Detroit Free Press

Former Penguins right winger Aleksey Morozov, coming off two excellent seasons in the Russian Super League, still is a candidate to return to the NHL this winter. but it doesn't look like it will be with the Penguins. General manager Ray Shero said this week that Morozov is "not [in] my price range." Morozov, an unrestricted free agent, is believed to be seeking at least $3 million per season, although his precise contract demands are not known. - Post Gazette

X

Detroit had Hasek in net that year. The '98 Wings, who Osgood started for throughout the entire year, are no slouches either. Mike Vernon was the playoff starter for the 1997 champs.

good gravy, I got the teams mixed up. :(

McLennan is back in Calgary after a tour of the East.

I vividly remember discussing with Baron and my brother about a week after the '04 Finals wrapped up. All three of us thought that McLennan would step up in Turek's injury, not Kipper.

Nonetheless, I'm sure he's happy to be back, he's a good backup.

Baron - I, too would love to see Ryan Malone in Montreal....but he's not what we should be going after on the free agent market. A bigger centre, and maybe one more stud defenceman (although Souray, Komisarek, Markov and Streit can be a competent top four most nights). Scoring wasn't thaaaaat bad last year.

Malone's an RFA and was tendered. The Pens made a concerted effort to not trade him at the deadline, despite rumors that several contenders made serious pitches to acquire him. They have a serious dearth of capable, scoring wingers and their other big hole is a 3rd line center -- Malone plays both positions and came on nicely towards the end of the year after breaking out of an early season slump. I highly doubt the Pens will let him walk easily, but if a team was going to make him an offer and give up some high picks for him, I'm sure the Pens would let him go. Malone's a very good player with a good amount of potential, but he's probably not worth the first rounders it would take to pry him away from Pittsburgh.

Shanahan's not coming to LA. He wouldn't take 5 million to play here, so I think he'll wind up getting no offers at that price and then he'll lower it.

The worst goalie to win the Cup was that guy that played in Pittsburgh when Barrasso went down whose name I can't remember.

Belfour in Detroit is funny.

Montreal is interested in Shanny???

Oh I agree that Montreal has big defenceman, but none of them are good puck handlers. I hope Streit gets played more often this season. He played very well in the NHL, and really took notice in the Olympics especially against Team Canada.

TSN Ice Chips:

The Maple Leafs are reportedly talking to Michael Peca, who is willing to take a pay cut on his $4 million salary to go to Toronto. - Toronto Star

Before signing Denis Arkhipov on Thursday, Blackhawks GM Dale Tallon said he spoke with representatives for both Yanic Perreault and Mike Peca. As it stands now, the Hawks have Mark Bell, Arkhipov and Patrick Sharp as their top three centres. Tuomo Ruutu could also be a centre, and Bell is, according to the Daily Herald, believed to be one veteran they are trying to trade. - Chicago Daily Herald

According to a knowledgeable source, the possibility of free agent winger Brendan Shanahan signing with the Bruins is now dead. Reportedly, St. Louis and Detroit are in the running for the 37-year-old's services. - Boston Herald

The Red Wings got the results of free-agent goalie Ed Belfour's physical Thursday. And they liked what they saw. General manager Ken Holland said the tests showed Belfour's rehabilitation from back surgery in April has been successful. Belfour could be signed in the next couple of days - Detroit News

Mark Recchi's agent Rick Curran said Thursday that he had spoken with general manager Ray Shero about a possible return to Pittsburgh - Tribune Review

Now we might get Peca? I hate this offseason. Oh, the Leafs resigned Antoprov. Stanley Cup 07!

Seriously, he's asking for 5 million plus.

Apparently Gorton and Chiarelli are pining over a 2 year 9.8 million dollar contract (4.9/yr).

what the fuck.

He asked for 5.5 million at first from the Kings, but that exact same offer that the Bruins have on the table is the one that LA has on the table now. I don't think Boston's in a position to do that with the signings they made, but I could be wrong.

He was at the Blake press conference on Wednesday, so I'm not too sure what's up. I'd maybe give him that money for one year.