TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

NHL 2006 Off-Season...

So, Eugune Melnyk is facing charges of insider trading.

Wonderful.

You know, it's kind of ironic, in that I always expected Rod Bryden to be brought up on charges like that. He was always trying to peddle "creative" financial deals.

If he was facing charges of raping my mother, I'd post his bail. I felt tremendous patriotism when he bailed the Sens out in 2003.

Put yourself back in the mindset in late 2002-early 2003. The team from Canada's capital might be moving to Houston. HOUSTON!

Meanwhile, a city with the same population in St. Louis had a 60 million dollar payroll.

Melynk, a Canadian made billionaire, stepped up and did a great deed for Canadian hockey.

If you can't laugh at your biggest rival going bankrupt, what can you laugh at?

Since when was Montreal going bankrupt?

I think its more about security than about $ for some players. Sure you get the 4$ for one year, but htere's no guarentee that the next year when you are an FA, someone's gonna pay that with all the money that just got tossed around right now at players.

Sorry, baron, but the Habs haven't been Toronto's biggest rival for awhile, no matter how much CBC continues to play it up.

Sorry, baron, but the Habs haven't been Toronto's biggest rival for awhile, no matter how much CBC continues to play it up.

I agree. How many times did we hear this spring from Leaf fans "I just don't want Ottawa to win". I didn't hear it once with the Habs.

Montreal-Boston still has plenty of passion though.

Montreal-Boston still has plenty of passion though.

Fuck you, Habs boy! :boxing:

Martin Rucinsky is back in St. Louis as a free agent, his second run, after a trade that continued the Habs downfall in 97.

Makes sense, I guess. He'll probably be front line, second at worst, which means lots of ice time for someone with a lot of talent who was never anything more than "pretty good" in the grand scheme of things.

Boyes isn't the one I'm worried about leaving, Bergeron is.

I think this was a compromise between the two sides. When these two years are up, I fully expect a long-term contract to be waiting for Boyes.

I'd offer Bergeron the Hemsky contract (6 years, 24 million).

Considering everything the Bruins have been through in the past year, I don't know if Bergeron will sign a 6 year deal. Hemksy gave up a year of his FA to sign his, and I don't think Bergeron will do the same.

As you touched on two pages earlier Max, good riddance to Tanabe. The blueline looks alright, and now there's some change to work out something with Bergeron.

What's the deal with Tanabe? He always seemed pretty solid, but he's player with what, four teams now in five seasons? Bad locker room guy, perhaps?

As you touched on two pages earlier Max, good riddance to Tanabe. The blueline looks alright, and now there's some change to work out something with Bergeron.

What's the deal with Tanabe? He always seemed pretty solid, but he's player with what, four teams now in five seasons? Bad locker room guy, perhaps?

From what I can tell, he's a nice enough guy. His problem is playing his position. When the bad part of your game is defense and you're a DEFENSEman, you'll bounce around the league too. A few teams have tried to convince him to move to wing to suit his speed and offensive awareness, but his response is always "I'm a defenseman. That's my position." Not really Dave. Tawts and pwyars.

Crazy. Not to dispute, but msn.ca, my home page had a link up all day quoting Malkin's agent as saying he wanted to play for Pittsburgh. Hmm.

Oh well. I won't complain. I'm still not that confident about the Habs getting in the playoffs(not a shot at the Habs, but a tough conference), so the less improvements the have-nots get, I'll take.