TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

OAO 6/20 ECW Week 2 Thread

Well we have one match confirmed, and a Cena invasion all BUT confirmed. So it looks like ECW will be light on the "ECW" for a second straight week.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Will Cena get extreme again?

If there's one thing John Cena has shown in his WWE career, it is resiliency. No matter how bad you may break him, you can't hold him down for long.

At One Night Stand II, Cena lost the WWE championship to Rob Van Dam. But the next night on Raw, he destroyed three ECW wrestlers with a chair, he followed that up by invading the premiere of ECW on Sci Fi and attacking both Edge and Paul Heyman.

This week, Raw saw Cena become a victim of ECW again. Despite making Balls Mahoney tap out to the STFU, he was attacked by Sabu, the ECW star threw a chair at the former WWE champion before laying him on the announcers' table and putting him through it with a devastating Triple-Jump Legdrop.

This Sunday, Cena meets Sabu at Vengeance. While it looks like the homicidal, suicidal, genocidal one may have gotten the upper hand, don't count out the possibility of Cena crashing his party tonight. The former WWE champion crashed the premiere of ECW on Sci Fi, will he show up once again tonight to give Sabu a taste of his own man juice?

Guest hasbeen

I read it's supposed to be toned down, the interaction between the brands, after the PPV. This is to help draw in fans and to sell the PPV. I have no problem with it.

The former WWE champion crashed the premiere of ECW on Sci Fi, will he show up once again tonight to give Sabu a taste of his own man juice

EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEME.

This week's ECW on Sci-Fi is brought to you by THQ's Destroy All Humans 2.

There we go.

Edge/Orton Vs RVD/Angle?

Why the hell is THIS on the ECW show? If they want to establish "ECW" as a seperate brand or show than WWE, this is the wrong way to go. They should of had this match on Raw instead of ECW. If they keep putting WWE guys on the ECW show, by the time this whole Raw Vs ECW thing is over, fans are gonna get bored with ECW sence big players from WWE arn't gonna show up their anymore.

They need to end this WWE/ECW feud NOW and actually use ECW stars to establish the ECW brand instead of relying on WWE stars to do it. let just hope this whole cross-brand crap ends after Vengeance.

The WWE vs. ECW stuff is supposed to end after Vengeance (after Edge wins the title from RVD), but I bet that will change if the ratings ever start to die. NBC Universal reportedly does not trust ECW to make it on it's own without WWE involvement, which is why they wanted established stars (Angle/Big Show) to be part of the brand.

There we go.

Will we see any hippies getting killed on TV this week?

There we go.

That will definately get me to tune in.

I'm just watching to see if the Alien shows up and does the sad walk from Arrested Development again.

There we go.

Do you see how fast the gamers come in and start making little comments here and there?

So my predictions for the show tonight.

Kelly will do another strip....hopefully she has learned to un-hook her own bra.

Sandman will sqush another gimmick.

Cena will interfere in something and call out Sabu.

and the main event will have RUN IN'S GALORE!!!!!.....Cena might be a runner instead of interfering eariler in the show.

I'm just hoping for 1, just 1, ECW type match tonight that goes at least 10 minutes WITHOUT a commerical.

There we go.

The Sandman is going to make both Stevie Dude Love & Nova bleed tonight.

Guest Doombiscuit

I don't think the whole WWE vs ECW stuff is problem as long as it doesn't last too long. It makes sense really that if an upstart new brand came along the existing ones would have something to say about it. The key will be to make sure no brand looks inferior. To do that I'd say Vengence has to have the following results - one ECW win (prob Angle), one WWE win (prob Cena, as long as Sabu looks good he has nothing to lose by jobbing his highspots and reputation get him over not his win/loss record) and one screwjob win to one side or the other (I guess this has to be Edge over RVD as they can't have the WWE title on ECW. Best way to do this would have Cena interfere to "get the belt back home and give me a run at Edge").

The only negative as I see to the brand war is that they're yet to introduce any new talent which is essential. I think the Sandman angle could be good, if he squashes a sci-fi gimmick for about three more weeks then we bring out CM Punk doing his whole straight edge thing. Sandman is obviously appaled by this and comes out and canes Punk in the head. Punk takes it then battters the hell out of Sandy setting up what could be a really good feud. Its the most logical thing for Punk's gimmick which I reckon'll work great in ECW given its history of drug problems.

From Dave Meltzer:

As things stood as of late last night, ECW was going live as after last week, with Smackdown being taped beforehand. They aren't concerned about lewd chants getting through. The plan was to do a completely different presentation as last week, with the Angle & RVD vs. Orton & Edge match scheduled to go long and designed to be a top level match. John Cena is also scheduled to appear to do an angle with Sabu. Stemming from the reaction to last week, this is is said to be close to 100% Heyman and he was given a lot of leeway this week. There is a lot of internal pressure on this show and the ratings pattern as to how ECW is presented. There is no ratings pressure at all from Sci-Fi unless the bottom falls out, as they are so far above what Sci-Fi expected it's not even funny.

From Dave Meltzer:

Stemming from the reaction to last week, this is is said to be close to 100% Heyman and he was given a lot of leeway this week.

I don't understand this. I thought based on the reaction last week that Vince would do things his way b/c of the ratings.

From Dave Meltzer:

Stemming from the reaction to last week, this is is said to be close to 100% Heyman and he was given a lot of leeway this week.

I don't understand this. I thought based on the reaction last week that Vince would do things his way b/c of the ratings.

That never made any sense. What would good ratings show other than that people liked ONS2 and were excited about ECW? It's not like the fans could watch the show, be disappointed at how awful it was, and then go back in time to not watch it.

From Dave Meltzer:

That never made any sense. What would good ratings show other than that people liked ONS2 and were excited about ECW? It's not like the fans could watch the show, be disappointed at how awful it was, and then go back in time to not watch it.

Didn't Meltzer say in the observer this week that the booking was more or less staying the same this week due to the high rating? He's contradicting himself.

Didn't Meltzer say in the observer this week that the booking was more or less staying the same this week due to the high rating? He's contradicting himself.

Not really. When he wrote that part of the Observer, the booking was going to stay the same. Now, however, the plan, has it does so often, has changed.

Guest panthermatt7

If there's one thing John Cena has shown in his WWE career, it is resiliency.

Resiliency: not a word.

Not really. When he wrote that part of the Observer, the booking was going to stay the same. Now, however, the plan, has it does so often, has changed.

You're right. Who am I to question the Meltz? So, all the reports about plans changing daily for ECW are true, I guess. That's worrying. Next week Steph will probably be writing the entire show.

I'll laugh if people don't tune in this week because of the horrible show last week resulting in a low rating, and then WWE blames the bad rating this week on Paul Heyman having more control.

Everyone knows that when Vince McMahon is in control, the way things are done are going to change weekly, if not daily. Hell, even with Heyman running the original ECW, plans were changed or not even made up until five minutes before the event, sounds like ECW to me. At least it looks like this week might have actual wrestling as the driving point, with Cena's run-in directly related to Sabu, and not just randomly showing up to throw a few punches.

I am still curious as to see the follow up to The Zombie, as bad as that was, and what this week's version will be, I think it was sooo bad that now my curiosity is aroused just to see how they follow that up.

If there's one thing John Cena has shown in his WWE career, it is resiliency.

Resiliency: not a word.

resiliency

n

1: an occurrence of rebounding or springing back [syn: resilience] 2: the physical property of a material that can return to its original shape or position after deformation that does not exceed its elastic limit [syn: resilience]

So for once, WWE.com didn't screw up a word.

From Da Meltz~!

Update on ECW show

The 7/4 show in Philadelphia was moved from the ECW Arena to the Wachovia Center, so they are going to run two straight nights in the same building, according to the latest reports. That decision seems strange on the surface.

I wonder why!?!

From Da Meltz~!

Update on ECW show

The 7/4 show in Philadelphia was moved from the ECW Arena to the Wachovia Center, so they are going to run two straight nights in the same building, according to the latest reports. That decision seems strange on the surface.

I wonder why!?!

That is extremely odd. I guess they have changed it to a live taping and feel the ECW Arena is too bush league for their tastes. That's all I can figure out.

I dont know about you guys, but I wish this was on earlier...maybe around 8 or 9 o clock. I have to work early in the morning so I dont feel like staying up that late and Im sure many others have that problem too