TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

OAO 6/20 ECW Week 2 Thread

another small thing that I like...using less of the Hard camera than WWE does, doing more of the closer hand held shots. Definately a better look, and fitting the ECW vibe.

The Philly taping will be at the Wachovia Center, not the ECW Arena.

it's still in Philly, which I think WILL be solidly behind ECW, and give it the best response yet. If not, then they are in trouble.

Wow, RVD gets the pin, and ECW wins for once...color me shocked.

Ok, now that was a much better show, way better. You can't even really compare this show to the one last week.

Last week the show seemed to last forever, but tonight it just flew by, I can't believe it's already over. We're back on track if you ask me.

BTW, I got a phone call so I couldn't hear what was said during the Dreamer-Big Show segment. Could somebody please fill me in?

You know Kurt Angle vs. Rob Van Dam will eventually be ECW's money feud.

RVD Vs Angle has already been set as the December ECW ppv main event.

Edge's dropkick in the middle of RVD's rolling thunder was pretty neat.

What was the Kelly angle? She stripped and some guy made her leave? That's an angle?

Wow this Scarecrow Slayer movie looks awful..

Still some shit that needs to be fixed, but given the political realities of what they have to do, it was much, much improved over last week and a fairly good show.

Between this WWE v.s. ECW crap, and getting over Angle/Show's new characters and Dreamer/Sandman/Sabu to the non-ECW fans, it'll be a few more weeks before we get into the full swing of things.

But I'm back to being optimistic about things since Heyman was obviously in control of most of this show, unlike last week.

with that finish I think it guarentees Edge goes over on Sunday

Well that was already a given.

And yes, this show was much better than last week's abomination. Things are starting to move in the right direction and I'm looking forward to next week's show.

The Main Event rocked, it just sucks that the crowd was crap, of course it is hard for 100-200 ECW fans amongst a Smackdown Crowd to get the rest of the arena pumped up, although we did get some minor "ECW" type chants going.

Considering this show was 10x better then last week, I have to say I am very excited about the potential for next week when WWE involvement should be over with.

BTW, I got a phone call so I couldn't hear what was said during the Dreamer-Big Show segment. Could somebody please fill me in?

Dreamer was like, "You're not hardcore until you've gone through me" or something, so Big Show just slowwwwly beat him up.

Dreamer was like, "You're not hardcore until you've gone through me" or something, so Big Show just slowwwwly beat him up.

Ah, OK. Thanks for the synopsis.

The Main Event rocked, it just sucks that the crowd was crap, of course it is hard for 100-200 ECW fans amongst a Smackdown Crowd to get the rest of the arena pumped up, although we did get some minor "ECW" type chants going.

Considering this show was 10x better then last week, I have to say I am very excited about the potential for next week when WWE involvement should be over with.

Yeah...this show was tons better than last week. It is obvious that they have either learned/heyman had more input.

Also I noticed a small "she's a crackwhore" chant during the main event. :lol:

A show that was miles ahead of last week. No cookie sheets. Solid wrestling. Sabu going insane for our enjoyment. Hot slutty women. Women getting beat up.

Much better than last week's train wreck.

Of the 22 ECW 'Rebels' listed on their roster, 12 of them were featured in some way on this week's broadcast. That's pretty good, in my opinion.