TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Spiderman 3 Trailer...

Good Lord that looks awesome.

May 2007? Almost another year? Man, that's a long time to wait for this.

EDIT: Potential spoilers here. They do seem legit though (nothing outlandish sounding). Plus, they reveal who Bruce Campbell plays in this movie. The name sounds will sound familiar to Spidey fans, and may indicate a larger role in a future Spider-Man, if there is one.

That was fuckin' sweet.

This might just be the greatest teaser trailer I've ever seen.

Holy god that was awesome. Sam Raimi did what I thought was impossible and that's get me interested in the Venom saga in the movies. And when Sandman sand-punches people in the street, whoaa. Harry Osborn acting all badass, Peter putting the moves on Gwen, dear lord, markout city.

While it looks awesome. One problem.

Please don't do two major storylines in one 2.25 hour movie. Please. You'll butcher it.

You know Raimi will make Venom scary (if he's in this movie).

I still think it should just be a final shot of him, since we've already got two villains lined up. I couldn't make out Harry as the Goblin well, but it looked like a cool, thrown-together costume.

And Bryce Howard is dreamy. How did she ever come from that genetic stock?

ep6_spotlight.jpg

images598573_BryceDallasHoward.jpg

Either way, that literally gave me goosebumps. And it's fucking hot in Seattle today.

The Spider-Man franchise just needs to keep going forever.

I agree!!!!

That freaking trailer rocked my socks off! (yes, that was corny. No need to point it out, thank you.)

I want Spider-man 3 now, and I'm soooo hoping for a 4.

I still think it should just be a final shot of him, since we've already got two villains lined up. I couldn't make out Harry as the Goblin well, but it looked like a cool, thrown-together costume.

goblin.jpg

Looks like he just popped on a mask and took it for a test drive rather than go full out Goblin.

It's a very good teaser trailer and I'm hoping it lives up to expectations.

From that shot, his costume looks pretty killer. Looks like a death's head with...

Goggles.

At this point I haven't been spoiled at all, and haven't been looking for them, it's all speculation.

I still think Harry Osbourne should lead into Topher as Venom in the next movie.

Harry Osbourne's going to die this movie. This is speculation, but you know it's going to happen, in tragic faction, from what we've seen in the movies and comics, it just makes snese. If the last shot is Venom standing over a fallen Harry, that would be fucking perfect.

What I'm wondering is if they'll completely switch the Gwen and MJ characters, and have MJ die. They're already seeming to go with the USM 'brainy janey' vs the sexy, troubled Gwen Stacey route.

Either way, I hope Tobey and Sam commit to another one or two films. They've been so tremendous. And the money has to be decent. As in record-setting every time.

Aside:

Is it true they're making a FF with/vs Silver surfer movie? I saw a poster for it, had no ss, may have just been a mock-up.

God that trailer was so awesome.

What I'm wondering is if they'll completely switch the Gwen and MJ characters, and have MJ die. They're already seeming to go with the USM 'brainy janey' vs the sexy, troubled Gwen Stacey route.

Yeah I kinda hope they do that as well. I mean the movie series is a completely different universe than the comics. They don't need to follow what happens in the comics at all. I think killing off Mary Jane instead of Gwen would be a great twist.

My only problem is that no shots of Brock as Venom means they'll probably make a part 4 and I really don't wanna wait 4 years to see it. But it would be a disservice to Sandman and Goblin to use them as filler for an hour before getting to Brock as the true big bad.

It's the right move using 3 to set up the Venom saga, but I want it now, damnit.

Awesome beyond all superlatives.

Sandman looks great, and that scene with the black goo crawling up Spidey's hand made me mark out. Hopefully Topher can pull off the Venom character.

Topher pulled off the "crazed nut bag" schtick well enough in his little 5 minute scene in Ocean's Twelve, I think he can handle the role nicely.

Funny thing is, if you go strictly by the main comic canon, Thomas Haden Church looks more like Eddie Brock than anyone else.

Funny thing is, if you go strictly by the main comic cannon, Thomas Haden Church looks more like Eddie Brock than anyone else.

True enough. Topher is a little skinny to be Eddie Brock, but I don't mind.. as long as Venom is bulked up in the end.

Anyway - pure speculation here as well - I think the end shot will be of Venom. Most of the movie will probably be Spidey dealing with the symbiote, the Goblin's return and Sandman (I'm guess there'll be a partnership there similar to Osborne & Doc Oc from the last movie) and that Eddie will just play the jealous-of-Peter storyline until the end of the flick where he ends up with the symbiote.

All speculation aside, I am fucking psyched for this! I have to say that of all the next-gen superhero movies, the Spidey's have been the best.

no doubt, the Spidey movies have just been done so well...not surprising considering he may be the most popular superhero of all time....or would that go to Superman or Batman? hmmmm

Internationally, Supes is definitely the most famous, recognizable character.

I'd say out of the actual comic-buying fans, Bats and Spidey are most popular. Or in other words, they have the most dedicated following, though this isn't really quantifiable.

Man, that looked sweet. I was amazed at how good Sandman looked.

I really hope that this movie will end the way that trailer makes me think it will though; Peter gets to the bell tower, manages to rip the symbiote off, it ends up on Brock, movie ends with Brock in the costume. You know, like the cartoon.

Because really, they can't do three villians in one movie and not have it be a total mess.

What ever happened to the plan to name the movies after the various Spidey titles?

The Amazing Spider-Man, Spectacular Spider-Man, Etcetera.

Guest Fook

God damn that was awesome. It's still about a year away and I'm completely psyched.

Man, that looked sweet. I was amazed at how good Sandman looked.

I really hope that this movie will end the way that trailer makes me think it will though; Peter gets to the bell tower, manages to rip the symbiote off, it ends up on Brock, movie ends with Brock in the costume. You know, like the cartoon.

Because really, they can't do three villians in one movie and not have it be a total mess.

Actually, the news is now that there will be FOUR villians in the movie- Goblin, Sandman, Venom, and an as-of-yet unnamed villian, whihc may or may not be revealed at Comicon.