TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Raw Thread - July/3rd/2006.

I just think it is funny that Edge lays out Cena with the title, and then goes to pin RVD. Or even worse, Cena moves out of the way after a Van-daminator.

I am calling it right now, RVD wins the title back tomorrow night at the ECW Tapings. I know everyone thinks it is improbable given the current situation with RVD, but I just have this feeling. It could be stupidity, but ah well.

Aside from the RVD stuff, I can't imagine they'd have the WWE title change hands twice on free TV in two days

This seriously has to rank among the worst Raws in history. No wrestling to speak of, lots of campy laugh moments that I didn't care about due to the telegraphed main event.

To be honest I don't think they are thinking this thing through clearly. There was no point in doing this bait and switch title change tonight. They could have stretched it out till SNME and then had RVD lose the title. Now they have no match for tomorrow night (or do they?) and no main event for the SNME taping. It really reminded me of the Raw in 2002 when Austin quit and they hotshotted Flair/Vince for control of Raw for no good reason.

Guest JustPassinBy
I am calling it right now, RVD wins the title back tomorrow night at the ECW Tapings. I know everyone thinks it is improbable given the current situation with RVD, but I just have this feeling. It could be stupidity, but ah well.

Actually that would be a good idea.

Hot shot the title back on RVD, so it gives people a reason to watch ECW on Sci-Fi.

Am I the only one that notices Cena is basically a combination of Stone Cold and the Rock? At least the WWE tries to make him to be. His entrance to the ring is exactly like Austin, with his wearing his hat and sometimes occasinally camoflaughe, shorts. His gimmick moves in the ring are a rip off of the Rocks people's elbow and rock bottom.

Randy Orton got no reaction tonite to an angle that does have some promise.

Thats sad.

Guest JustPassinBy

Aside from the RVD stuff, I can't imagine they'd have the WWE title change hands twice on free TV in two days

Easy. They need to make ECW on Sci-Fi a must-see show.

If nothing ever important happens on that show, no one will watch.

If a Title changes hands on it, people will watch.

Actually that would be a good idea.

Hot shot the title back on RVD, so it gives people a reason to watch ECW on Sci-Fi.

Am I the only one that notices Cena is basically a combination of Stone Cold and the Rock? At least the WWE tries to make him to be. His entrance to the ring is exactly like Austin, with his wearing his hat and sometimes occasinally camoflaughe, shorts. His gimmick moves in the ring are a rip off of the Rocks people's elbow and rock bottom.

Randy Orton got no reaction tonite to an angle that does have some promise.

Thats sad.

I'd say the chance for RVD to win back the title would be a bigger draw, then Edge having a chance to win the title. Plus hopefully every smart mark worth his ass, who knows about the RVD/Sabu situation will tune in tomorrow to see if there any seeds planted tomorrow night as to what the near future holds for Sabu and RVD.

I guess the real question though is if the title match is still on, or if Edge winning tonight makes the match null and void all together. I guess we will have to keep up with wwe.com or ecw.com to see if the match is still on.

Guest Princess Leena

I don't think doing anything important on the night of July 4th is smart.

Yeah well how important is RVD winning the belt though if he is just going to job it at SNME.

Nor is having your world champion facing drug charges. This was necessary.

Bodies have been broken...

("how do you learn to fall off a 20 foot ladder")

Careers have been ended...

("I got pulled over with weed in my car")

Yes, this is entertainment, but the hazards are real. Whatever you do, please don't try this at home (or become the WWE Champion and blow it all by getting pulled over with weed in your car).

Wait I'm confused, I haven't seen tonights Raw yet so please don't ruin it for me...but when was the main event changed to WWE championship on the line? I thought it was a tag match tonight?

edit- Nevermind, just saw the opening segment and I was looking forward to that tag match.

Good thing that Edge could crack Cena over the head with the belt in a WWE TITLE match.

I know this is a couple pages back, but I just wanted to say that Triple Threat matches have ALWAYS been NO DQ in the WWF/WWE. Always. We've had this discussion on about 8 different occasions.

Whether or not this is good business sense it's punishment for RVD. Which could be good long-term business sense, if not short term. Vince established that he means business with the drug policy.

I have no sympathy for RVD.

Sounds like an awful RAW - also known as any episode of RAW in the past 18 months.

Whether or not this is good business sense it's punishment for RVD. Which could be good long-term business sense, if not short term. Vince established that he means business with the drug policy.

Sounds like an awful RAW - also known as any episode of RAW in the past 18 months.

Hey, being an RVD fan, I personally have no problem with Vince punishing RVD, he deserves it. As long as Vince is serious about this and he doesn't look the other way when other guys abuse the drug policy. I am still interested if Vince is taking this policy serious, or just with workers/wrestlers he considers indisposable.

Good thing that Edge could crack Cena over the head with the belt in a WWE TITLE match.

I know this is a couple pages back, but I just wanted to say that Triple Threat matches have ALWAYS been NO DQ in the WWF/WWE. Always. We've had this discussion on about 8 different occasions.

Yes thank you I'm well aware of that fact. And every time I see it I still don't see why there shouldn't be DQs. Either make it with DQs or make all championships no DQ. Just seems odd.

Well according to the www.ecw.com page, the match tommorow is for BOTH belt(s) so I guess that Edge still have something to gain by winning, while RVD will try to become a dual champ again.

It will be interesting to see how the match plays out.

It's sad that RVD lost the title, but it's better than being fired (I guess). I just hope he doesn't job the ECW title too. Have there been any updates on Sabu? :huh:

Hey, being an RVD fan, I personally have no problem with Vince punishing RVD, he deserves it. As long as Vince is serious about this and he doesn't look the other way when other guys abuse the drug policy. I am still interested if Vince is taking this policy serious, or just with workers/wrestlers he considers indisposable.

What's funny, is that Vince has a poorly kept "secret" coke habit. Of course, he hasn't been arrested over it, but still he comes off looking hypocritical when he has to enforce the drug policy.

Also, please, somebody put a bullet in this reDuX act. "Interminable" is an apt description.

What's also hypocritical is Vince being on TV months ago with Michaels saying "I want the old HBK back, the pill popping madman HBK!" I know this was storyline but what kind of environment does this foster?

Oh man, that match with Edge is still on for tomorrow? I have no idea how that will play out, but I have a good idea if it happens RVD and ECW will both be buried in Philly.

Guest DaGoodz

Where is this stuff about Vince being a cokehead coming from? I've read it a lot lately on various boards.