TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Victory Road PPV Thread - July/16th/2006.

victoryroad06_head_02.gif

Card and predictions:

"Road To Victory", Fatal 4 Way, No.1 Contender's Match

Christian Cage .VS. Sting .VS. "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner .VS. "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe.

Winner: Samoa Joe.

NWA World Tag Team Titles, Six-Person Tag Team Match

"The Phenomenal One" AJ Styles, "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels, & Sirelda .VS. America's Most Wanted & Gail Kim.

Winners: AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, & Sirelda.

"Hair .VS. Hair" Match

Raven .VS. Larry Zbyszko.

Winner: Raven.

Six-Man Tag Team Match

Team 3D & Brother Runt .VS. The James Gang & Abyss (with James Mitchell).

Winners: Team 3D & Brother Runt.

Singles Match

"The Alpha Male" Monty Brown .VS. "The War Machine" Rhino.

Winner: Monty Brown.

Tag Team Match

Kevin Nash & Alex Shelley .VS. Chris Sabin & Jay Lethal.

Winners: Kevin Nash & Alex Shelley.

TNA X-Division Title Match

Senshi .VS. Frankie "The Future" Kazarian.

Winner: Senshi.

Tag Team Match

Ron "The Truth" Killings & Sonjay Dutt .VS. The LAX (Homicide & Hernandez, with Konnan).

Winners: Homicide & Hernandez.

Tag Team Match

The Naturals (with "The Franchise" Shane Douglas) .VS. The Diamonds In The Rough (Elix Skipper & David Young, with Simon Diamond).

Winners: The Naturals.

Pre-Show:

Singles Match

Johnny Devine .VS. Shark Boy.

Winner: Johnny Devine.

Sounds about right, but id say that Rhino will beat Brown. Saying that, there pushing him for his own unbeaten run. Unless he looses then claims it didnt count.

Scroby's Predictions:

The Naturals (with "The Franchise" Shane Douglas) .VS. The Diamonds In The Rough.

Winner: The Naturals (but the Diamonds In The Rough could win as well and it would help promote that Shane Douglas needs to work harder with the Naturals.)

Ron "The Truth" Killings & Sonjay Dutt .VS. The LAX (Homicide & Hernandez, with Konnan).

Winner: LAX with Konnan interferance. Dutt takes the pinfall or submission.

Senshi .VS. ???.

Winner: Senshi

Kevin Nash & Alex Shelley .VS. Chris Sabin & Jay Lethal.

Winner: Nash and Shelley with Johnny Divine run-in.

"The Alpha Male" Monty Brown .VS. "The War Machine" Rhino.

Winner: Rhino (This better be a hard hitting match!)

Team 3D & Brother Runt .VS. The James Gang & Abyss (with James Mitchell).

Winner: James Gang and Abyss (Abyss gets the pin)

Raven .VS. Larry Zbyszko.

Winner: Raven in a fast match.

The Phenomenal One" AJ Styles, "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels, & Sirelda .VS. America's Most Wanted & Gail Kim.

Winner: Styles/Daniels/Sirelda

Christian Cage .VS. Sting .VS. "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner .VS. "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe.

Winner: Either it'll be Joe or Christian.....I'm going with Joe.

NWA Championship: Jeff Jarrett vs ?????

Winner: Whoever ???? Will be.

The show looks stacked, I think I will be ordering.

Really!!!!? Wow I thought he was, I mean that would have been great if Jarrett defended the title against the winner of the 4 way match. I mean it would make the PPV worth some more if Jarrett defended the title.....I'm not sure if I want to buy the ppv now. Yes I would like to see Jarrett defend the title against the winner of the 4 way match and yes thats a make it or break it match for me.

Just so you know, Cornette will not appear as he opted to do the ROH show in Philly instead.

...and thus the problem TNA will always have in getting biger and becoming a bigger force.

Just so you know, Cornette will not appear as he opted to do the ROH show in Philly instead.

...and thus the problem TNA will always have in getting biger and becoming a bigger force.

This is the least of their worries. TNA, was aware that Cornette would choose ROH over TNA in matters like this (Cornette will not fly).

From Meltzer:

"*Sen Shi defends the X title. The match is a three-way and both opponents are not current TNA regulars, but both are planned to be regulars after this match."

Any guesses? I'd say Austin Aries and Frankie Kazarian seem likely (as Frankie is suspiciously not on the PWG show on Sunday)

From Meltzer:

"*Sen Shi defends the X title. The match is a three-way and both opponents are not current TNA regulars, but both are planned to be regulars after this match."

Any guesses? I'd say Austin Aries and Frankie Kazarian seem likely (as Frankie is suspiciously not on the PWG show on Sunday)

I'd say those are the best bets. Unless TNA has someone else up their sleeve besides Aries, but it does seem those are the two they will go with.

Damn, there's been a lot of wrestling this week. Anyways, I don't think it's Kazarian because I believe he and Bentley are tagging together for a match against some team at the PPV. I'm gonna guess Puma is one of the two. The other I have no idea about.

And since the winner of the 4-way won't face Jarrett at this PPV, does Joe get the win or do you hold off on it for another month or two?

I want Joe's win to come at Bound For Glory. Maybe Sting wins the four way, defeats Jarrett at the next ppv and becomes a transitional champ, losing to Joe. Money match at the biggest show.

I don't think it's Kazarian because I believe he and Bentley are tagging together for a match against some team at the PPV.

They are?

Cornette didn't "choose ROH over TNA". He had stated around the time he was signed that his TNA deal would not affect his previously booked ROH commitments, which last through September, IIRC. He's honoring his end of the deal.

Also, Cornette has stated that if they ever need him for segments when he's unable to get to Orlando, he will gladly drive to the home office in Nashville to do them there. I'd say he's offering his best efforts to help TNA.

I didn't say he choose ROH as in perfered them. He's working ROH to honor the deal and he won't fly in to Orlando. It's simply saying he opted to do the ROH show.

Id put money on it being Kazarien and Puma (or Aries).

Either way, Senshi is going to win.

I thought Bound for Glory was the next PPV. Or am i wrong?

Id put money on it being Kazarien and Puma (or Aries).

Either way, Senshi is going to win.

I thought Bound for Glory was the next PPV. Or am i wrong?

BFG is in October.

I'm still deciding if I should order the ppv or not.

Nobody mention Kidman, who's been working a lot of shows in Florida and loves to visit TNA. I heard Tenay was very high on Kevin Steen.

I'm going to take two guesses and say Puma and Delirious,who is both rumor to be already sign with TNA. Austin Starr is in Japan right now. Kazarian is a good guess but I doubt TNA would bring him for this match when they want to team him with Bentley. I would LOVE for Shocker to come back or some other real luchadores. The X division needs more luchadores, give me the real or fake La Parka it don't matter to me.

I'm still deciding if I should order the ppv or not.

Nobody mention Kidman, who's been working a lot of shows in Florida and loves to visit TNA. I heard Tenay was very high on Kevin Steen.

I'm going to take two guesses and say Puma and Delirious,who is both rumor to be already sign with TNA. Austin Starr is in Japan right now. Kazarian is a good guess but I doubt TNA would bring him for this match when they want to team him with Bentley. I would LOVE for Shocker to come back or some other real luchadores. The X division needs more luchadores, give me the real or fake La Parka it don't matter to me.

Since TNA is all about cross promotion why not get Super Parka in hopes to get Superman marks.

I'd say Kazarian for sure in the X title match, and either Bentley/Puma. There is no room for a Bentley/Kazarian tag match on this card, plus if it was the plan, you'd imagine TNA would have announced it ahead of time.

One thing about this lineup is that it boggles my mind that Rhino-Brown is booked so nonchalantly. Months ago I thought this was such a strong upper level in the card match it wasnt even funny, as both have strong similar finishers that they could have played up against each other. Instead they have this match with ZERO build, not even so much as doing a single angle to build it. How sad is that.

With that said, I'm still getting the show tonight but TNA still doesnt have a hold of making these ppv cards seem really exciting on paper at all. The seems like a two hour Clash-type special versus what should be an actual ppv card. Impact has been a-ok lately, but its still not at the expense of building the ppv up properly.

Well, TNA did the right thing by doing an angle more than a match with Rhyno-Brown just a moment ago on the ppv, great short brawl that really put over their finishers more than anything (the ref took both finishers about 2:00 in), which is exactly how they should start booking what appears to be a long term feud with the both of them. They did a no-contest with a brawl that ended up going into the crowd and continued (apparently) out of the arena.

Crazy hell of a match w/ Dutt/Killings v. LAX, everyone looked fantastic in the match, Hernandez in particular was very impressive.

Has it been covered on here that Bound for Glory is going to be in Detriot or was that the first time they announced it?

It was always assumed and talked about, but never confirmed. Was it confirmed?

If so, thats great news for TNA. Orlando, is so played out and having Joe's title win in Orlando would actually dilute the value. BFGII needs to be SPECIAL and having the Joe title victory and a new PPV venue is a big way to do this.

It was always assumed and talked about, but never confirmed. Was it confirmed?

If so, thats great news for TNA. Orlando, is so played out and having Joe's title win in Orlando would actually dilute the value. BFGII needs to be SPECIAL and having the Joe title victory and a new PPV venue is a big way to do this.

Yeah, they announced it. BOUND FOR GLORY, October 22nd in Detriot, Michigan.

Why is the prestigious #1 contender's spot being determined 3 months before the title match?

More WCW nonsense booking.

doesn't the winner get the shot at next month's PPV?