TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Victory Road PPV Thread - July/16th/2006.

For what it's worth, I can't remember seeing Kazarian have a bad match in PWG.

They should bring in Arrogance, Kazarian and Lost have got great in-ring chemistry. Plus, it'd bolster the tag division. Get rid of The Naturals to accomodate them.

Guest Doombiscuit

Sting shouldn't win the title nfrom Jarret. People have wanted to see Jarret get his comeuppance for ages, Joe is the man to do it, Jarret v Joe will draw. But only if Jarret has the title. Sting v Joe will also draw but who has the title isn't such a big issue. Sting should be Joe's first challenger just before his contract ends. Though hopefully they can sign him for longer as he's good to have around

It's fantastic that TNA are doing their big PPV in another market. That can only be a step up. They can slowly build to doing PPVs around the country now.

It's fantastic that TNA are doing their big PPV in another market. That can only be a step up. They can slowly build to doing PPVs around the country now.

I'm thinking they'll start by traveling with the big shows, which would be a good way to distinguish them from the others. I don't know if the ECW Arena will look good on TV (can handle a PPV anymore), but I'm thinking Philly gets LockDown and Nashville gets Slammiversary. Whatever their fourth big show is (they haven't realized established it yet) will probably go to Vegas, since they've had a hard-on for running there since they first started talking about doing the 3 hour show with Hogan.

The crowd will be fuckin hot for BFG.

LAX need a push, from what ive heard they are doing very well.

Sucks to here the main event was a little bit shit. I did predict Sting would win so that makes me happy.

My only question is, why does usethesledgehammeruh watch TNA? You seem to hate it so much, but watch all the shows? Not being funny, but i hate WWE, so i dont watch it. Its not rocket science.

Hopeful Predictions:

Hard Justice: Sting(w) vs. Jarrett, Monty/Steiner vs. Rhino/Joe(w)

No Surrender: Sting(w) vs. Christian, Joe(w) vs. Jarrett, Rhino(w) vs. Monty 2

Bound for Glory: Sting vs. Joe(w), Steiner vs. Rhino(w), Christian(w) vs. Raven

After that, I think some good fueds would be Sting/Rhino (turning Rhino more heelish and brutal, maybe even retiring Sting), Jarrett/Raven (people will STILL pay to see Raven get his due against JJ; there's tons of history and they could put Raven as the wizened veteran and put JJ giving others the rub, instead of the other way around), Christian/Joe (playing the same card as Christian/Sting, where Christian hates Joe for having things handed to him while he never got a fair shake), Monty/Jarrett (where JJ puts Monty over for good this time, and maybe Monty makes an unholy alliance with Raven while dealing with JJ), and Joe/Abyss (Mitchell can handle the talking, and it'd promise some brutal matches where Abyss can start getting back to being a serious title contender instead of another enforcer).

Once Joe has the belt I think the title defences I'm actually most excited for will be: Joe vs Rhino and Joe vs Abyss. It's only a matter of time now.

I just got a chance to see this show and IMO it was just kinda there. It reminds me alot of Hard Justice last year, which was another TNA show I felt was kinda flat. The only things that I really were the LAX/Dutt and Killings match and the Team Canada segment. The tag match had a lot of energy and made me a fan of Homicide and Hernadez (I've never seen either outside of TNA, so I didn't really know what they could do). I hope they get a nice push in the tag division. I thought that TC thing dragged a bit, but Eric Young played his role to perfection and Scott D'Amore was a good enough prick to make it work. I think Young's face turn has a ton of potential. I almost wish they had a mid-card belt he could eventually win.

Also, Rhino and Monty's angle felt like a big deal, but ended too quickly to amount to anything and the Nash deal wasn't as fun as last month's match, IMO. The 4 way was a decent match, but it definitely wasn't enough to save this show. It seemed like something was missing from the match....I don't know if they were pressed for time or what, but Sting's comeback sequence seemed incredibly rushed. The crowd didn't even really have a chance to pop for it. Everything else felt like it should have been on Impact. Overall, I'd say Victory Road was disappointing show, but I didn't really expect much from the line-up going in, so we'll just say it was middle of the road. This show's deficiencies stand out more, though, following the really well-built (and pretty decently executed) Slammy PPV last night. Hopefully they kick it into high gear as they beginning the long build to Bound for Glory.

TNA Mark? I don't even watch TNA. I'm just smart enough to understand what makes money and what doesn't. Jarrett/Joe, doesn't draw. Sting/Joe, does.

Nah, I'd much rather see Joe beat Jarrett then Joe beat Sting. Joe v. Jarrett is something they can build to, Joe v. Sting just sounds boring.

I too thought the PPV was just kinda "meh." Not at all terrible, but very little actually HAPPENED, and some of it was downright boring.

I thought LAX was quite impressive. Hotstuff Hernandez is DEFINETELY better than that Machete dude. He's pretty solid, and tossing Sonjay across the ring was pretty awesome. Homicide was awesome as always.

Low Ki's match, despite being pretty good, still ended up FEELING like a squash. Glad to see Kazarian back though. Am I the only one that marks like a 10 year old girl for Low Ki's offence? That running kick he does is VICIOUS.

Nash actually WORKED, which again proves what I say that he's doing some of his best work since fighting Shawn Michaels. I'm actually entertained by this... I just hope the X-Division is put over HARD at some point here. A tag match is not gonna do it.

The rest of the PPV was kind of a blur. The main event had good work by Christian, Joe and even Steiner. I CONTINUE to be impressed and even SHOCKED at how well Steiner is being booked, and how hard he's WORKING so far in TNA. I mean shit, he actually did a flying elbow through a table. WHO WOULDA THOUGHT? Maybe his WWE run just tainted my opinion of him. So far I've found him very entertaining.

Jury's still out for me on where Sting vs. Jarrett is going... I still think Jarrett putting over Joe is better than Sting... Sting is a reasonably over face, Joe is a MASSIVELY over face... I'd much rather see him go over Jarrett at BFG.

Speaking of BFG, I too will be getting tickets to Detroit. That's badass.

I have to say, I don't watch much TNA, but I download their ppv's occasionally. I like a lot of the wrestlers there, but can't stand the booking. This show was better than Slammiversary, but only because the undercard was better. The main event scene still sucks.

Opener was decent. I assume the point is just to get the Naturals over which the match did. Good enough for what it was. Nice tag finisher from the Nats too. Seems like Elix Skipper has really taken a drop in terms of status over the last year or so.

Rhino/Brown really seems like a poor man's Finlay/Lashley. Could be a decent angle, though I can't say I'm excited for any of their matches.

I like LAX. TNA seems to be much better at doing social commentary angles than WWE. All 4 guys looked good, and major props to Sonjay for taking a sick bump for the finish.

Senshi vs. Kazarian seemed like a waste. Not necessarily a bad match, but just seemed really pointless. Kazarian was pretty heatless and looked a step slow most of the match. It was also fairly one-sided which didn't help. Hopefully Senshi can get a decent program in the X division instead of random challengers and winners of clusterfuck spotfest matches.

Raven vs. Zbysko was super lame. Who thought that would be a good feud?

Nash/Shelley vs. Sabin/Lethal wasn't too bad. I'm really impressed with Alex Shelley. He has a great ring presence and a lot of natural charisma. Outside of one botched move, the match flowed pretty well and accomplished what it was supposed to. The "legit" X guys looked good and Nash got to be funny without getting in the way.

New Age Outlaws and Abyss vs. The Dudleys was much better than the last time around. Probably because Abyss throwing around Spike was really fun. Typical stuff otherwise, but fairly entertaining.

I loved the tag title match personally. I thought it was one of the best mixed tags I've ever seen. I liked how they didn't make gender a huge issue and treated everyone equally. The women got some moves in on the guys and the guys didn't hold back on the ladies either. AMW really stiffed Sirelda. I'm kind of surprised Sirelda didn't do more, as I thought they'd want to put her over, but whatever. Also, the corner spot with AMW and Gail was one of the better comedy spots I've seen in a while. I also have to extend some major props to Gail Kim. She's come a long way from her WWE days. I'd be curious to see what she can do one on one with a competent worker.

Main event was stupid, but not really surprising. Terribly lazy, unoriginal booking with match layout, though. Most of the match was pretty sloppy and the camera work was atrocious. Sting/Jarrett is nothing I care about. I hate TNA's attempt at turning Jarrett's "X-Pac heat" into an angle. Sorry guys, no matter how you spin it, it's still not good heat.

All in all, not a bad show. All the tag matches were good, and the only things I completely hated were Raven/Larry and the ME. Mixed tag gets MOTN from me.

:lol:

My god, Steiner is so strong. He can nearly kill you without moving his arms!